Star Wars: Bear Force II Developers Wanted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Marko͘

Section Moderator
Looking for developers!

badges_0003_modsliver-copy-2.png
Hello,
We are looking for experienced and skilled modders who would be willing to help us with developing the next versionf of Bear Force II.
We want to further expand the mod team and speed up the work progress.

Wait...what is SW: Bear Force II?
SW: Bear Force II is a Multiplayer Star Wars mod for M&B Warband. It features some very innovative features  - fully working autofire, crouch-walking, immersive planets and environments, characters and weapons, lightsabers, force powers, tons of different weapon types. Our aim is to expand on all of these and deliver the ultimate Multiplayer Star Wars experience.

Which positions do we need?
Below I will list the positions, their description and visual examples.
It is possible for you to be in multiple roles, depending on your free time and preferences.

Positions
! - Critically needed
Programmer
- Module System - Experience in Multiplayer scripting, optimized and clean codes !
- Shaders
- Writing external programs

3D Artist
      Divided into: Environment artists, Character artists !, Weapons&Equipment artists
- Environment props, characters, weapons, equipment
- Making custom LODs, collisions
- UV mapping skills
ArmorRenderResult01.png
galacticmarine2.png

BX_Commando.png

Clone_Cold_Trooper.png

2D Artist
- Texturing 3D objects
- Making normal maps, specular maps
- HUD elements
- Design for our webpage
- Graphical art
IMG_23042016_174033.png

daniel-darusenkov-2016-09-21.jpg

Scener !
- Working with props and objects provided by environment artists
- Recreating realistic and sensible environment
- Knowledge of basic scene gameplay flow
Y1cIv7a.jpg
RancorPit.jpg
TtyvQ7s.jpg
V3rGyGu.jpg

Animator
- Realistic animations and poses
- Rigging

Writer !
- Requires fluent and grammatically correct English
- Community News and Blogs
- Editing our Wikia
- Writing texts, blogs, announcements

PR/Community
- Requires fluent and grammatically correct English
- Administration of servers, voice servers and forums
- Optional contacts and a Warband reputation
- Promoting the mod, working on bringing various groups and individuals interested
- Using social media for mod promotion

Other important info
The Bear Force II Development team is a large group of experienced developers.

A Trello account is needed to manage jobs and placements within the team, check out our board here: https://trello.com/b/95P1YMvg/star-wars-bear-force-ii-v0-8
A Discord account is necessary to join the team, for faster communication. Discord is a free, web-based communication software. We have a community Discord with private development channels.
We also use Dropbox to sync and share our files. Once you have it, you don't have to worry about data loss anymore.

How we work
Seeing as the team is large enough at the moment, you can work whenever you want and have time. This is a hobby remember, there are no schedules on when you have to complete something. A minimum dose of activity is necessary though. The team's divided into full time, part time and freelancer developers. There are only a few full time developers(The lead developers), who spend most of their days working on the mod. Most people are part-time developers, who contribute when they have time to work over a prolonged period. Freelancers simply deliver content whenever they have time on unspecified periods.

And that's about it!
I hope I haven't missed anything, and my thanks to Sebastian for letting me steal get inspired from his thread a bit.
If you want to join and help us out, post in the topic below. Tell us a bit about yourself, your experience, past work and so forth.
Thank you for reading!

Hey I'm a programmer, but the thing is I haven't had much experience when it comes to Warband modding. I've been mostly messing about the codebase, but that's it. I do know several programming languages, but on day to day bases I mostly use C# and C/C++ so I can contribute in that department as well if you need project specific tools built.

Bithon said:
Hey I'm a programmer, but the thing is I haven't had much experience when it comes to Warband modding. I've been mostly messing about the codebase, but that's it. I do know several programming languages, but on day to day bases I mostly use C# and C/C++ so I can contribute in that department as well if you need project specific tools built.
I've added you on Steam.

I'm interested in becoming the writer, I am a big fan of star wars both the movies and the extended universe as well as having some spare time on my hands more recently, I also do a little YouTube on the side so could help a little with the promotion of the mod itself, as for the blogs, announcements and different type of text.

TonyIsTheGuy said:
I'm interested in becoming the writer, I am a big fan of star wars both the movies and the extended universe as well as having some spare time on my hands more recently, I also do a little YouTube on the side so could help a little with the promotion of the mod itself, as for the blogs, announcements and different type of text.
Thanks for your interest, I'll contact you on Steam.

Hello gentlemen, we're entering the Alpha stage.
We will be accepting a minimal amount of dedicated testers to run through things in detail, so do bear in mind that if you only wish to 'check out' the mod so far this isn't for you. It's a responsibility and you will have your duties to carry out, vital to the mod's further development.

Code:
Application form:
[b]In-game name[/b]:
[b]Steam account(I need to be able to contact you)[/b]:
[b]Past testing experience[/b]:
[b]Do you have enough time to test at least every two days in prolonged sessions[/b]:
[b]Do you have time and motivation to compile bug reports, suggestions and opinions[/b]:
[b]Why do you want to test the mod[/b]:

We will accept up to 30 candidates with possible expansion. The more you write, the more chance you have to be accepted. Candidates will also be selected by general reputation and trust factor. And once again, do bear in mind this has to be taken seriously, there's a huge amount of new content that will need your dedication and time to test.

Good luck.

You can also apply on our forums, where you will be submitting the reports.

As you probably guessed already, I can help ya out with some PR things. I have plenty of experience with PR, marketing and sales, as I have been in practice at the Marketing & Sales department of a clothing company. That is probably the most professional thing I can point out, but apart from that I have also been doing public relations for plenty of other projects, such as Perisno, three Minecraft servers, which I also did websites and forums for. Currently I handle the ModDB page of Perisno and now Bones of Ragnvald as well.

As I said, I used to work at three Minecraft servers a few years back, of course not all at the same time, but you get the idea. I helped creating the forums for all three, created a website for one of them, and helped out with a website for another. I was the Web & Forum Administrator for two of them, which means I basically ran the forums and website, working together with the server owners. For the third server I did public relations and forum administration. I handled the YouTube and Facebook accounts for two of the servers, and Twitter for all three. I guess that's some experience.

I don't know what else to say. You got me on Steam already, so hit me up.

Some updates:
- We are in need of a video editor in order to help us produce our next launch trailer
- We are in need of a person able to regularly stream the mod events and competitions

- The PR/Community role has been filled
- All other roles are still open

Updated the OP with new roles, and those critically needed which are marked with a !

You can now check out our Trello board to see what we're working on, and what we need extra help with: https://trello.com/b/95P1YMvg/star-wars-bear-force-ii-v0-8

Back
Top Bottom