Star Citizen (Wing Commander MP successor)

Users who are viewing this thread

Well ****. I guess I'll have to buy a bigger SSD. What decade is this? "I don't have enough room to install this." That makes me feel like I'm in the '90s again.

Mmm, that red fighter jet looks soooo sexy. :grin: I still don't understand why walking around and shooting people even exists in this game but whatever.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Mmm, that red fighter jet looks soooo sexy. :grin: I still don't understand why walking around and shooting people even exists in this game but whatever.
I think the reason for that is that Chris Roberts wants to make a game that has everything. Personally, I'm a little worried about what might result from that approach.

There are plenty of games out there (Elite, Evochron, X3, etc.) that let you fly around in space and blow stuff up, and there are even more sci-fi FPS games. What I haven't seen done properly is combined arms space combat where the player can take on any role. If Star Citizen can figure that out, then I honestly don't care much about the rest of the game. Exploration, trading, social gaming, bleh. Just let me shoot ships and people in them.

I wouldn't say there's plenty of space games. Yeah, there's Elite, and that's about it. X3 is ancient and I've never even heard of Evochron. Which is also ancient according to google. Like I said before, the reason people funded SC is because they wanted a space shooter (at a time when Elite wasn't even announced yet). Nobody asked for a first-person shooter. We do have plenty of those.

Ringwraith #5 said:
I wouldn't say there's plenty of space games. Yeah, there's Elite, and that's about it. X3 is ancient and I've never even heard of Evochron. Which is also ancient according to google. Like I said before, the reason people funded SC is because they wanted a space shooter (at a time when Elite wasn't even announced yet). Nobody asked for a first-person shooter. We do have plenty of those.

Nobody did ask for a first person shooter, and that's why you are getting a space game.  :razz:

Teofish said:
Still a bit scared they'll end up biting over more than they can chew.

That's the biggest thing that worries me.

It reminds me a lot of Peter Molyneux, the whole "promise absolutely everything in a new game" approach to marketing.

Úlfheðinn said:
the whole "promise absolutely everything in a new game"
And end up with Fable 3. :meh:

Thankfully from what I've seen of development videos they do look like they have a fairly good idea of where they're going at least.

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-fps-module-is-delayed-for-the-foreseeable-future/

Not that I'm trying to be overly negative or anything about this game, but why am I not surprised?

Back
Top Bottom