Star Citizen (Wing Commander MP successor)

Users who are viewing this thread

We're usually a bunch of guys from the NW community playing together in Star Citizen. No schedule or anything but feel free to add me or Presidente on Steam and we'll be in touch whenever it's happening. We're using 19th Teamspeak during game nights.

I wish they would concentrate on an optimization patch. They promised it for 3.5, decided to push it to 3.7 and then again for 3.9 but that didn't happen. Looking ahead of their schedules, 4.0 and on doesn't even have it mentioned. It is in my opinion one of the worst parts about the game. They expect people to possess super computers to even muster 30fps. If it wasn't for that, the game right now would be absolutely incredible.

That said, it runs considerably better in space without too many NPCs/Players about, so there's at least that. :LOL:

My pc isn't all that and I get 30+ fps consistently after 3.7. Only time it ever dips is when I'm entering quantum travel, though I've noticed some servers are worse than others for fps.

I wish they would concentrate on an optimization patch. They promised it for 3.5, decided to push it to 3.7 and then again for 3.9 but that didn't happen. Looking ahead of their schedules, 4.0 and on doesn't even have it mentioned. It is in my opinion one of the worst parts about the game. They expect people to possess super computers to even muster 30fps. If it wasn't for that, the game right now would be absolutely incredible.

That said, it runs considerably better in space without too many NPCs/Players about, so there's at least that. :LOL:

You're hoping for the impossible. The immense scope of what they're trying to achieve just can't happen yet on most gaming rigz and they keep expanding the scope of the project, so optimisation is not possible if they carry on attempting to finish the game. If they got everyone working on the game to just focus on optimisation, then maybe it might run a little better after a while. However, they aren't going to do that.

You're basically going to have to wait for computers to get faster instead.

Oh, also, they could've probably chosen a better ****ing engine than CryEngine. Good job attempting to make the most ambitious and biggest space sim ever on an engine designed for tight and small first-person shooters.

You're hoping for the impossible. The immense scope of what they're trying to achieve just can't happen yet on most gaming rigz and they keep expanding the scope of the project, so optimisation is not possible if they carry on attempting to finish the game. If they got everyone working on the game to just focus on optimisation, then maybe it might run a little better after a while. However, they aren't going to do that.

Oh, also, they could've probably chosen a better ****ing engine than CryEngine. Good job attempting to make the most ambitious and biggest space sim ever on an engine designed for tight and small first-person shooters.

Well I mean I remember one point where the FPS wasn't utter trash, still horribly bad, but at least medium tier PCs could dent the 20fps it became known for even on Titans. They haven't done any optimization patches since, which I think was 2.x? It probably is a hopeless hope to have, but given that I don't have the money to build a 3k PC and keep doing so until I get decent FPS, I'll hold onto the hope they get their **** together. :ROFLMAO:

I agree they picked a horrible engine. I don't understand why out of so many, even the option of building one themselves, they went with what they did. It makes no sense.

haha

its funny because it is probably absolutely true.

If anyone is playing this still 3.9 should be dropping soon.

I've got a couple of friends I play with but always good to meet new people in the verse.

Feel free to add me on Discord which is what we usually use, Suspect-Device#3194

Also obligatory "This game is pretty"
KeCGM.jpg

Last edited:
I bought some ships back in the very early days when life insurance was a thing and presumably figured this would be a long time before it would get to the point it would be worth flying said ships.

How's this game doing? Last I heard feature creep developments had bloated this game out and given it no direction.

Back
Top Bottom