Users who are viewing this thread

For such kind of wonderful battles this game provides, I'm missing stamina for both, humans and horses (AI and player). I cannot have my horses charging, retreating, forming up and charging again forever. I cannot have my infantry running along the map and then fighting in full strength, etc. I think stamina management could be a great addition.

This was discussed many times and the conclusion is always: NO! If you put stamina into this game, it will kill it. The fun part of this game is massive and chaotic battles in which you can participate and slaughter your enemy. Although that adding stamina sounds immersive, it will kill the fun part of the game. Stamina is too much realism for bannerlord.

This was discussed many times and the conclusion is always: NO! If you put stamina into this game, it will kill it. The fun part of this game is massive and chaotic battles in which you can participate and slaughter your enemy. Although that adding stamina sounds immersive, it will kill the fun part of the game. Stamina is too much realism for bannerlord.
I understand that argument, but for some reason I think it could be really fun. At the end you always can have your fresh troops in reserve ready to smash a tired enemy or the opposite. Actually it could be a game difficulty option.

I understand that argument, but for some reason I think it could be really fun. At the end you always can have your fresh troops in reserve ready to smash a tired enemy or the opposite. Actually it could be a game difficulty option.
you may be right, but I do not think it would be fun(even as a difficult option). However, that is just my opinion.

The problem I see is that without something like that the player itself becomes something like a "Terminator" with a good two handed sword skill chopping up and down like crazy, it could be fun but also too arcadish.

I absolutely hate stamina, with a passion, everywhere and always. Just let me enjoy the game. Dont nerf me in the most inconvenient moments, dont press the pause button while I want to continue, dont hold me back in moments I dont need it. Im perfectly capable of holding myself back, thank you.

EDIT: This would be a great idea for a mod, that way I wouldnt have to endure it.

EDIT2: Im sorry, that came off quite strong. I dont want to shoot down this suggestion, I'm just not a fan.

I think it needs to be part of the game's conception and design from the ground up to work well. As is, it would require 100s of changes to make is reasonable. You can't just "troops get tired and don't fight so good" because ranged already has massive advantage and it would just X10 if the troops were even worse of after charging across the map. Sure it could be evened out, but TW has overflowing plate of balancing already and is very slow to get it done.

Good idea for mod though.

TBH I turn this feature of in VC lol. If you haven't played the viking conquest DLC for warband, try it, it has a stamina system.

At this point, would likely need to be a mod given how many systems are tied into Stamina if this is implemented, then the AI adjustments, etc.

Would be a really cool feature for a Hardcore mode though

At every game that had stamina that I've encountered it acted as nothing more than nuisance: it handicaps you and in order to control it you have to take some of your attention off the gameplay and keep track of the stamina bar. It doesn't bring any joy or immersion, it just annoys you. And it's not realistic because in real life I can feel my stamina without taking my eyes off the opponent.

Back
Top Bottom