Ssd or 16gb ram?

What upgrade?

• Hdd to Ssd

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • 6gb ram to 16gb ram

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

8gb of RAM is not enough in 2020. If you don't have enough RAM, an SSD is irrelevant.

That's not true. 8gigs of RAM means when your ram is used at capacity, your hard-drive creates virtual memory to compensate. That is then dependent on the read/write times of your hard-drive. SSD's can play memory catch-up far better than HHD's can. I've used 8gig RAM systems with both HDD's and SSD's and its a night and day difference.

Arguably its better to upgrade RAM first in a one or the other case, but its far from irrelevant. Also an SSD with your OS installed will see improvements outside of gaming (Very quick boot times, absolutely zero system lag) where-as going from 8gigs to 16gigs RAM is way less noticeable in non-gaming applications.

Part of it is cost. You can buy another 8gig RAM stick for anywhere from $20-$80 depending on location and a 4 year old can easily install a ram stick. Decent sized SSD's cost a lot more and it takes a little more technological fluency to switch over your OS and data to a new drive (though not that hard.)

As for GPU's, if that's your bottleneck, you'll notice by dropping graphics settings. You can't really "get around" RAM/HDD bottlenecks.

As for my personal experience with this game, I'd say SSD is a must.
Altought, I'm running on 8gb of ram so I might be wrong.

Hi guys I'm a player with a low specs (hdd and 8gb ram) and can have a extra money to upgrade only one thing...
What have the more impact on the upgrade?
Hdd to Ssd
Or
8gb to 16gb ram?

Edit : I have a Ryzen 5 2400g with a Vega 11 on-board

I have 8gb ram and an SSD and a cpu that doesn't meet the recommended specifications, I run the game on medium setings with firefox running and tyt liveshows or nerd soup episodes or Netflix movies running in the background and I suffer no stuttering until Firefox starts using crazy amounts of memory and I need to restart that

I'd say the SSD is most important if only for the load times (recently moved Ark to the hdd and after 30 minutes it still didn't load... moved it back to ssd and that problem was solved)

8gb and SSD is NOT enough. Even SSD virtual memory can't cope with this game.
SO far I have played this game with 3 configurations. (CPU i5-7300hq and GPU GTX 1050 4gb remains constant)

8gb ram and HDD - was quite playable at 1.1 in small to medium battles, then became unplayable with later patches, long loading screens, up to 1 minute sometimes.
8gb ram and SSD - battles didn't see much change, loading screen times massively reduced.
24gb RAM and SSD - playable small to medium battles on medium settings, larger battles on lower settings.

My upgrade from 12 to 16 gb ram saw modest improvement in stability. Bannerlord averages memory usage of 9.5gb and 6gb in standby, 700 mb free. With browser open have under 100mb free. Hard faults causing lag at minimum. I noticed page file before from my SSD I think this is one rason I saw such an improvment when upgrading to better faster ssd and installing on there.

Hi guys I'm a player with a low specs (hdd and 8gb ram) and can have a extra money to upgrade only one thing...
What have the more impact on the upgrade?
Hdd to Ssd
Or
8gb to 16gb ram?

Edit : I have a Ryzen 5 2400g with a Vega 11 on-board

Get the RAM. You need it. For everything. Later you can get an SSD, but right now you NEED upgraded RAM, no discussion. If anyone tells you something else they are stupid.

Nah both. 8GB of RAM? On a gaming rig? ....... An HDD? ****ing hell.... Look with ALL kinds of technology this is the most important: Choose a reputable brand and buy the most expensive equipment. Everything else is puur GARBAGE! You might still buy garbage but if you don't follow this advice you SURELY buy garbage.

For me SSD made much bigger improvement. It was very noticable. This might be different with a more powerful GPU / CPU. In case of OP upgrading 6 to 16 gb would see biggest improvement. Beyond 8 or 12gb, I think the largest benefit depends again on your setup.

Back
Top Bottom