• Hdd to Ssd

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • 6gb ram to 16gb ram

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Tutui

Recruit
Hi guys I'm a player with a low specs (hdd and 8gb ram) and can have a extra money to upgrade only one thing...
What have the more impact on the upgrade?
Hdd to Ssd
Or
8gb to 16gb ram?

Edit : I have a Ryzen 5 2400g with a Vega 11 on-board

Last edited:
Hi guys I'm a player with a low specs (hdd and 8gb ram) and can have a extra money to upgrade only one thing...
Hdd to Ssd
Or
8gb to 16gb ram?

i got the game on a hdd, when you start the game it takes a while to load through all the models (usually i click through the armory once to load them all) but then it doesnt matter anymore. On medium-low settings im getting up to 300fps in skirmish. (Mulitplayer)

8gb is no enough.
Ssd just influence loading time.
+1

I am no expert but SSD will help you for other games too. So it should be prior.
alot of other games bottleneck with 8GB, most games use 8-10 but you can get away with 8 aswell (without losing too many frames)

SSD gives you insane boost in loading times though, might pick it afterwards since singleplayer got alot of those

Last edited:
I would say the RAM first, just because that will get you smoother gameplay when it really matters, then SSD later so you can have those buttery load times. I just got my first SSD and I have to say, its pretty sweet booting up my computer and getting into a game in like, 1 minute. however, without extra RAM some games might not be playable at all.

I still run my games on my HDD and my OS on my SSD, but if you do for an SSD, go for something 480+ GB, so you can put both the OS and some games on it. Remember to leave 10% free. Go for the ram, though, it should definitely help with games, and defrag that HDD.

What are your other specs?

I still run my games on my HDD and my OS on my SSD, but if you do for an SSD, go for something 480+ GB, so you can put both the OS and some games on it. Remember to leave 10% free. Go for the ram, though, it should definitely help with games, and defrag that HDD.

What are your other specs?
256GB should be enough, if you are selective which games you put on it. Some games need a ssd super badly while others less. Mordhau is unplayable for example if you dont put it on ssd.

256GB should be enough, if you are selective which games you put on it. Some games need a ssd super badly while others less. Mordhau is unplayable for example if you dont put it on ssd.

We're in an age where games have reached peaks of a hundred and some gigabytes. It's not a bad idea to future-proof.

wait another month or so for the leaks to be solved. Then you can decide which.

SSD will help with page-file, not just loading scenes, so it had a huge impact around 1.0 to 1.2 versions. But they did a lot of HDD fixes since.

RAM is always a good investment, as the OS + Game are using a lot of it. Again leaks are being worked on. Also look at your GPU and how much memory it has, to see how much shared memory you are using as well.

In short, better to get both, or wait a little more.

I saw some improved FPS with SSD, noticeably smoother performance. Load times are half or less. I have 12 Gb ram and may upgrade that next or wait to buy whole new system in year or 2.

Here is my recommendation. DO NEITHER!

Shouldn’t encourage folks to upgrade subpar systems when they don’t have the money and it won’t make a difference! We don’t even have enough info to give an accurate recommendation.

Wait a year, until Black Friday or whenever the next round of GPUs come out and buy whole new PC. OR buy fast 1 TB nvme SSD that you can use in next system. Upgrading ram on an outdated system is waste of money and you have bigger performance issues than SSD on an old PC.

Last edited:
if the only consideration is playing bannerlord, go for the ram. but for general purposes I'd take the ssd, faster booting time alone is worth it

Hdd to Ssd
Or
8gb to 16gb ram?
100%, no doubt whatsoever, 16gb of ram, dont even think about it for bannerlord, ssd will help with loading times and the initial lag when you load in a scene but not much more while 16gb will probably free you of the constant stuttering (it did for me and it should for you as well, nothing is 100% sure though)

if the only consideration is playing bannerlord, go for the ram. but for general purposes I'd take the ssd, faster booting time alone is worth it

^ Yea. Though last I checked RAM is pretty cheap where as getting a large SSD drive can be somewhat expensive. Also, make sure your Mobo has the extra ram slots and supports the type of ram you're buying.

If your mobo is too much of a toaster, your best bet would be saving up to just build/buy an entirely new setup.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.... I will focus on Ram.

I have a nice pc with a Ryzen 5 2400g, Vega 11 on-board...

Back
Top Bottom