(Sry for the lot post recently) Question on marriage and pregnancy since changed form my last time

Users who are viewing this thread

So, first sorry for making all these questions, I recently plying again and few things changed since my last playthrough.

So, what exactly the chance for members of my clan, for example, my brother to get his wife pregnant?

Can he lead soldiers and his wife work as governor? will they get a chance for pregnancy or do I need keep them both in the same place?

How is working for player too? I remember i could lead my soldiers and eventually I'd receive a notice about the pregnancy. But now, resting at my fief suddenly got notification about my wife getting pregnant. So the player needs stay in same place what about my clan memebers? Do they behave like AI lords and chances are random or need stay the same way a splayer controlled hero

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I seem to remember that **if** the wife is 18 y.o. and has zero children, that her change of getting pregnant (on the daily tic if staying with her spouse in a city or castle) is 18% per day. As the age increases, and number of children (that SHE has) increases, the % chance drops.

So, what exactly the chance for members of my clan, for example, my brother to get his wife pregnant?
This thread has the formula posted by @SadShogun and I don't think it's changed.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...h-every-additional-child-how-much-tho.432081/
I tried to do math and a seemed to arrive that Dev said it's about 13% daily chance for a 18yo woman with no kids.

Can he lead soldiers and his wife work as governor? will they get a chance for pregnancy or do I need keep them both in the same place?
I'm not sure, I know that they make pregnancies on thier own but I'm not sure how the game does it. I do know that having them with you and waiting through the daily tick is a reliable way to make pregnancies though. They can in your party, in the town keep/tavern, set as governor of town or leading a party in an army with you, as long as they're both in the same fief during the daily tick. I say save an wait 10 days, then re-load and do again until somebody is pregnant.

How is working for player too? I remember i could lead my soldiers and eventually I'd receive a notice about the pregnancy. But now, resting at my fief suddenly got notification about my wife getting pregnant.
Yeah it's like I describe above, I also have video in my sig on the subject. Player character can't randomly get pregnancies anymore, you have wait with spouse n stuff.

what about my clan memebers? Do they behave like AI lords and chances are random or need stay the same way a splayer controlled hero
Kinda answered, but they do make them on thier own, but it's much better to just wait all together in a fief. I don't know if they have a random chance or if they just end up in same fief sometimes for the NPC couple to make kids. Maybe @SadShogun can tell us how NPC and free roaming Family make babies.

@Ananda_The_Destroyer

Hey, thank you for your answer, I appreciate.

I hope the Devs can clarify later what does and what doesn't.. like everytime disbading brother party just to put them together kinda sucks. I hope he behave like the AI and is random generator, the only that i agree would need the wait is the player, this give us more control about pregnancies for our main player.

Sorry if I said lots of reductant things.

So, first sorry for making all these questions, I recently plying again and few things changed since my last playthrough.

Pretty good as long as she is young, has no or only one child and they stay together at the same settlement (town or castle, I don't think villages work).
You need to keep them at the same place for at least one day. So you can pull him into an army for 0 influence and rest where she is governor for a few days. That will generally work.
How is working for player too? I remember i could lead my soldiers and eventually I'd receive a notice about the pregnancy. But now, resting at my fief suddenly got notification about my wife getting pregnant. So the player needs stay in same place what about my clan memebers? Do they behave like AI lords and chances are random or need stay the same way a splayer controlled hero

Thanks in advance
It is the same for the player, husband and wife together at hte same settlement. They can be in the same party, governing, just hanging out in the tavern or leading another party, but they have to be together.

Back
Top Bottom