SP - Battles & Sieges Squad Creation for Bandit Hideouts (Single Player)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate I

Recruit
Hi it is Nate again with another suggestion. So far, I have been frustrated with the seemingly "random" selection of troops I am able to get from my army to raid bandit hideouts. It would be nice to be able to create a small "strike squad" you can use for missions like this and for the "rival gangs" encounter. This could simply be a formation number or a different tag applied to a troop.

I also think it could be interesting to use a "strike squad" in a siege to try to open the gates for your army. i.e. use a %chance for roguery to enter the city with your strike squad, then try to sneak and open the gates or go in loud and try to kill 20-30 guards with your squad to start the siege with open front gates. This would be an interesting decision point for the player, would use the existing siege map. You could also make it so that it has a low impact on the town garrison if the player wins, and if they player loses the town/castle could reinforce the gates (bonus HP) and the player would be captured until the siege resolves.

one last question. if i turn on the beta and somthing gets messed up can you turn it off? i think i will try it if theres no real risk there.

Although remember if you pick choose troops, watch your companions, some can switch to formation 1 (infantry) with this option

one last question. if i turn on the beta and somthing gets messed up can you turn it off? i think i will try it if theres no real risk there.
Yep just switch your experimental branch back to "none", of course any game you start on 1.4.3 will prob not work going back to 1.4.2. Make sure to keep your original 1.4.2 save and just "save as" when you jump into it in 1.4.3

So started the beta and did a new save. it crashed twice after about 3 seconds of moving my army around. sent bug report both times through system. ill probably just roll back to regular.

Back
Top Bottom