SP - General Sprinkling the strategy: Advanced tactics with radial menu

Users who are viewing this thread

Something that I would like them to add is a command with which we can choose which group of units to attack another specific group. Similar to sieges we can tell a group of units to use a specific siege weapon or use the stairs.

Focus Fire sounds like a good idea to me, but I would like something similar for the other melee units. Yes, I think the AI of the horse archers is the best thing in the game, but one thing I would like to see is that they split up into small groups and skirmish the enemy
971717545_orig.jpg

Hi all,

Loving the game , especially the battles but I do have some suggestions/requests.

More commands as the title says:

Skirmish command: troop try to keep distance and use ranged weapons.For infantry backpeddaling if the enemy gets to close and for cavalry circling the enemy and pelt them with ranged weapons. Horse archers do this quite good already but in my experience javelin cavalry mostly just charge.

Advance/fall back 10 paces: Like in warband.

Move to left/right flank: either to defend or set up an attack.

Fall Back to position: Move troops to specified position while keep facing enemy.

Keep formation: Advance already does this to an extent but especially cavalry looses cohesian very fast.

Maybe more but these are some I'd like to see.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Marty

Hi all,

Loving the game , especially the battles but I do have some suggestions/requests.

More commands as the title says:

Skirmish command: troop try to keep distance and use ranged weapons.For infantry backpeddaling if the enemy gets to close and for cavalry circling the enemy and pelt them with ranged weapons. Horse archers do this quite good already but in my experience javelin cavalry mostly just charge.

Advance/fall back 10 paces: Like in warband.

Move to left/right flank: either to defend or set up an attack.

Fall Back to position: Move troops to specified position while keep facing enemy.

Keep formation: Advance already does this to an extent but especially cavalry looses cohesian very fast.

Maybe more but these are some I'd like to see.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Marty
Merged this with the best thread on this exact subject.
Let us use the search function when wanting to create a new thread to see if the issue in question already exists.
On some of your points, there is already a way to achieve them, just in an unintuitive way, i recomend watching this guide

Merged this with the best thread on this exact subject.
Let us use the search function when wanting to create a new thread to see if the issue in question already exists.
On some of your points, there is already a way to achieve them, just in an unintuitive way, i recomend watching this guide

Thanks!

Is already in the game but yeah they are not always looking at the enemies when doing it so understand the request as it could be adjusted some more in game. Other then that i like the new commands + the old one 10 paces since you dont need to redirect em by quick pointing if you need to adjust em quickly on the fly when you're far away

The most interesting command that they should implement would most def be the quick flank right or left to attack command :smile: cool idea you had right there

Last edited:
The thing is that presumably it is expected that Taleworlds will fix the grouping in the party screen and that the troop selection buttons (1,2,3...) in the battlefield will work as they are supposed to with toggle on/off and multiselection. What the OP says in that thread is already done by the new implementation of the subgroup menu (F7), what happens is that the above mentioned should work correctly and it's not like it happens nowadays. That said, it is a good alternative.

Based on the fact that the above mentioned will eventually be fixed officially, I would put together 3 elements with which in my opinion the tactical options would be extended to fulfill that need. The first one we already know, Pre battle orders & deployment; an essential classic. We know plausibly that this function will eventually be introduced in Bannerlord (only placement like in sieges/ plausible).
The second and third are current "Order of Battle" and Group/Subgroup panels.

AB192F0024FA0A3485EBE9E410218983B09FD6A7
hHvJWOvnxHjdegMuc8kBPz-u05u1DK9p9e7NjPxr_AU.jpg
0cphf.png

This panel would be present both in the pre-battle phase (deployment) as well as in the battle itself. All this together working in harmony in a PBOD 2.0 style, which runs perfectly being simple and with no intention of reinventing the wheel. This along with my proposal, in my head works great. Another thing is that it is feasible or that Taleworlds wants to carry it out.
I think a battle UI similar to total war games would work fine, with the proper adjustments to this game, of course.

Back
Top Bottom