splinter cell blacklist

Users who are viewing this thread

Ducksrulez

Sergeant Knight at Arms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcjFh-lKIJ0&feature=player_embedded

looks pretty awesome. finally it looks like the knife is back

also we need a E3 discussion thread

Isn't he like 60 years old  by now?

EDIT: If they bring back incapacitating enemies, I might play this.

EDIT 2: For the "leader" of 3rd Echelon, he sure does a lot of field work.

It all went downhill after Chaos Theory. I liked sneaking round in tight rubber suits knocking people out and dragging them to the dark corners...

What Maboobs said. The last few Splinter Cells have been absolute ****. The last one which was even remotely good was Double Agent. Then Conviction was utter bull****, and now in this one, Sam Fisher, who could barely climb a tall-ish wall in his younger days (also read: in the earlier games), now possesses Spiderman-like abilities and climbs ****ing cliffs in a record 5 seconds without even stopping for a breath.

And when are developers going to realize (or rather, remember, for they seem to have forgotten) that having a cover system, a silencer on all guns, and a NPC AI only capable of patrolling linear corridors is NOT stealth.

Well, gee. He's basically saying that the stupid kiddies these days want explosions and loud gunfights and they outnumber those who prefer the old Splinter Cell gameplay so it is a case of "Mass Appeal". Guess which game I won't be buying.

I havn't played a single Splinter Cell game after Double Agent, which I played the living **** out of. Bloody loved it. According to my friends Chaos Theory was good too, but alas I do not know. Conviction, well, Im not even going to ****ing touch it. I had a look from a few vids on youtube, and to be quite honest it looks like horse dung. This, not much better. At all. Maybe even worse :/

So we're looking at assassins creed mixed with ghost recon advanced warfighter, whatever happened to only relying on your gun in dire emergencies or using stealth and the shadows as a weapon?.

I thought a good mission for Sam was not being seen and not killing anyone but targets? I'm not sure I even saw non lethal stealth takedowns.
That's a bad Sam Fisher.

Not sure why anyone even calls him sam fisher since it isn't even the sam voice actor. Should have renamed him but guess they just want to milk it.

Game turned to **** once they released conviction.

It's not even 3rd Echelon anymore. Didn't you guys watch the gameplay trailer? The narrator says 4th Echelon twice. Not only is Sam(?) either A) way too ****ing old for this **** or B) time-traveling back to when he was supposed to be military before he was even 3rd Echelon (let alone 4th, whatever the **** that is), but he has no concept of stealth anymore. It's just "sit at this corner, tag a bunch of bad guys that are standing still or moving really slow, then push a button to kill all of them in a cinematic sequence you'll be seeing for the entire game." Also, why the hell does he kill the one guy he's supposed to extract? Since when does Sam just nonchalantly kill everyone? You couldn't even get the best rating in Chaos Theory if you killed a single guard. :sad:

Orion said:
time-traveling back to when he was supposed to be military before he was even 3rd Echelon

I wish I had a time traveling device so I could go back in time to when games weren't so ****ing stupid. I would probably end up assassinating most of the console makers too.

God damn casual market has ruined our only hardcore games to the point of no return.

Back
Top Bottom