Western Cavalry Mace: 75
Highland Mace: 97
Northern Mace: 86
Eastern Infantry Club: 95
Eastern Heavy Mace: 85
Eastern Cavalry Mace: 78
Southern Heavy Mace: 87
Southern Cavalry Mace: 78

Compare this to swords which unless they are short sword (<90 Length) they have usually consistently around 90 speed. This means facing Empire legionaries one game and being faster than their mace and then next game going against Vlandian sergeants and being confused about why their mace is suddenly twice as fast.

Axes as well:

Imperial Axe: 88
Imperial Heavy Axe: 98
Imperial Battle Axe: 83
Highland Axe: 99
Hatchet: 99
Northern Axe: 92
Northern Heavy Axe: 90
Northern Cavalry Axe: 88
Southern Axe: 90

Imperial Heavy Axe has to be a bug that it swings faster than the Imperial Axe, and damn near anything else? In any case: The attack speeds shouldn't be so spread out, and is also contributing to inconsistencies in other parts of the game ie. kicking for example.

I'm sure the weapons are balanced around speed based on their length and damage also, but attack speed is the number 1 thing any experienced player will look at, as that is what will allow you to exploit vulnerabilities. And it shows, I don't see anyone using the cavalry variants of the weapons if they can help it, they are way too slow and while this can be mitigated on horseback it cannot be on foot.

(Also aware that these values are probably not final in the first place but I feel like it's a quick thing to fix that would improve the QoL of the game a lot IMO)

Pretty please. As you say Cavalry tagged weapons are the biggest offender, I think Khuzaits glaive is faster than the druzhinik axe or vlandian cavalry mace, which is clearly not right

Pretty please. As you say Cavalry tagged weapons are the biggest offender, I think Khuzaits glaive is faster than the druzhinik axe or vlandian cavalry mace, which is clearly not right
Its to balance cavalry and not let them mindlessly spam their weapons. Thats why they introduced a cavalry menavlion which has 10 less speed than the normal menavlion. Most of the cavalry weapons have far more range aswell, to be used on horseback and to balance out the riders slow movement speed.

The speed ''inconsistencies'' in and by itself are fine. However, lets assume that some maces are faster than others because of their weight. Then this should lead to a considerable decrease in damage too, right?

The following seems acceptable to me:

Make weapons faster and less effective.
Make weapons slower and more effective.
Make weapons average speed and average effectiveness (compared to similar weapons of course).

short swords are faster and less effective
more range means you will get less speed

this is already in the game, if you compare short sword to long swords and the rabble mace changes that will hit soon

The speed ''inconsistencies'' in and by itself are fine. However, lets assume that some maces are faster than others because of their weight. Then this should lead to a considerable decrease in damage too, right?

The following seems acceptable to me:

Make weapons faster and less effective.
Make weapons slower and more effective.
Make weapons average speed and average effectiveness (compared to similar weapons of course).

Correct, but the slowest speed weapons are literally TOO slow to use against a competent player, because you'll literally never land a hit, they will see it and have way too much time to block.

And it doesn't feel great being one shot by a super slow weapon either, it looks weird. Would rather it was a litte more "tight" the variation of weapons. Like @Caps is saying, cavalry weapons HAVE to be longer, so they must be balanced out by being slower, but at the moment it's too slow.

I havent looked at all the details but using the khuzait mace vs the vladian mace feels like a big difference.....

You can see it in my post:

Western Mace: 96
Eastern Heavy Mace: 85

The western mace is much faster while not really hitting any less hard than the heavy mace. It's part of the reason Sergeants are so good right now.

Ι disagree that weapons should have vast differences between them. There are weapons that are totally unviable like the druzhinik axe against someone who knows how to spam and is a decent player due to how slow it is. It's downright stupid that long 2handed weapons can spam faster than any 1 handed.

Ι disagree that weapons should have vast differences between them. There are weapons that are totally unviable like the druzhinik axe against someone who knows how to spam and is a decent player due to how slow it is. It's downright stupid that long 2handed weapons can spam faster than any 1 handed.

So you agree with the topic then? :razz:

Agreed

I think there need to be some differences, otherwise 2-handed weapons would be far, far more powerful than they already are. Yes there are some rotten eggs, but that doesn't mean all 2-handed are bad. Take the Menavlions and the Glaive for example, they're disgustingly overpowered at the moment.

If their speed is to be increased, their damage should be decreased as well. One-shotting heavy infantry with a polearm while they're up in your face feels dirty and being on the receiving end - is really frustrating.

Polearms as a whole in this game are just fundamentally broken because they don't have a minimum distance like spears do.

The biggest problems on 2 handers come from hitbox innacuracies and retarded feinting animations. They should fix the latter 2 first and then adjust stats. I agree on menavlion and glaive, they are baby wheels weapons.

Back
Top Bottom