Special items?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, this might be a stupid question but is it still possible to get the special weapons by killing the right faction? What I mean is, say I wanted to get an ivory bow. Would I have to join veagirs and then get to 50 with the king? Or could I just kill some ivory archers? I really need to know because I already have a town and some castles and I REALLY don't want to give all that up just to get an ivory bow.

Thanks

Looting is still looting.  Kill a unit and have a chance at getting anything it's equipped with.

Kapt Torbjorn said:
But there's no more ivory archers?

There are, you have to constantly patrol vaegirs lands for ivory guard groups as well as scouts. Scouts have 2-4 ivory as well as marksmen and ivory guard usually has 9 ivory archers with 8 ivory guards.

Just constantly harass them until they give you ivory arrows and bows. Might take a while though.

Plus if you can knock out the archers, you can recruit them later after you release them from prisoners. Other then claiming your own kingdom and doing it or resucing them from bandit groups.

Ivory guard are perfect for archers. I got 4 ivory bows (one masterwork) from one group of 15 guys.

Same with the crusader groups... lots of good paladin gear.

Also, they're recruitable from the special town addon "Ivory Temple".

Well, I haven't waited the full 50 days for the building to be completed yet but the name kinda makes it obvious.

Cathedral enables Paladin, Earl, and I believe the Blademaster.

Ivory Temple enables Ivory Guard, Major Prince, and Ivory Archer.

Palace enables Khan, Veteran Keshik, and Elite Mangudai.

Halls of Glory enable Einherjar, Valkyries, and Favoured Thanes.

Council Chambers enable Elite Arbalestiers, Greater Councilmen, and Captains.

It would be nice if there was a way for you to get a faction's special equipment legitimately.

I mean, lets say for example I want to play a loyal Vaegir Noble and run around with my group of allies equipped with ivory bows.  In order to do that, I need to spend a bunch of time first slaughtering my own countrymen to get the right equipment first?

I understand that the Looting skill needed a boost, and its pretty cool the way it works now, but can you see what I mean?

Durf said:
I mean, lets say for example I want to play a loyal Vaegir Noble and run around with my group of allies equipped with ivory bows.  In order to do that, I need to spend a bunch of time first slaughtering my own countrymen to get the right equipment first?

That's what this is all about.... I wasn't sure if you COULD still do that. They added a patch so that if you join the faction and get 50 relation with the king then he'll give you the equipment. Didn't you read my first post?

Can you get the equipment if you just get to 50+ relation with them without joining them?... Also, what would the other factions give you?

Yeah, what do they all give you? I'm assuming the veagirs give you the ivory bow, but is that it? Do they give you a masterwork at least? How 'bout the other factions?

well if you are willing to fight some ivory archers, and have a high enough looting skill, you will eventually get your hands on a Strong or Masterwork Ivory bow, they require 6 and 8 powerdraw respectivly, but with the Masterwork ivory bow, i can one shot just about anything...some stronger units can sometimes survive a hit from extremely long range, or a cavalry unit at long range riding away from you.

If you are close enough to be firing on a point target, more likely than not you are close enough to one shot it.

I personally think that you have a much better chance and probably enjoyment just looting the special items from the top tier patrols of each nation. Aim for like ivory guards, crusaders and berserkers group. You can get your hands on some of the best items around. Well except armor, I think the Lordly Lordly curisass plate is the best around +24, +86 and +24 are the stats I think. Although...if its possible..loot the dark knights stuff lol.

Tismanu said:
I think the Lordly Lordly curisass plate is the best around +24, +86 and +24 are the stats I think. Although...if its possible..loot the dark knights stuff lol.

Actually the best armor I have ever found is from the rhodoks, Heavy Plate Mail. I has like 40, 75, 40 or something like that. It owns. =]

Where do you get a good shield and spear?

The Heavy Plate does have considerably higher protection for the head and legs, but the lordly plate has higher protection for the body, so its really a toss up as to which is the better armor.

I perfer the body since I'm such a fat dude. The chance are that you are going to get hit in the head with a projectile is pretty low although it HAS happen to me quite a few time. And as for legs, I never consider it much of a threat since I doubt the AI going to be aimming at your shins when your chest is a much better treat. Lol.

Spears would probably be with the Rhods line, the halbeard units and such. And shields, I don't really know, I personally favored the Round Huskal shield since its a decent size and coverage for the speed.

I've actually seen archers aiming at my feet quite a bit when i'm approaching them on foot with a shield in hand.  But I still am willing to sacrifice leg and head protection in order to protect the body.

Odd I never taken a leg shot, I've been hit in the head like 3 times total but I usually have something stuck in my chest, an arrow or sometimes even a damn spear. Oddly enough I've been shot through the back the most, hence why I learn to wear a shield no matter what. Shouldn't really try to stand on the ladder and shoot at the archers but since my troops won't let me go through got nothing else to do and might as well pick some people off.

Back
Top Bottom