spears v cav

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay, I had 2k hours in Warband multiplayer, and im still trying to reteach my brain to relearn things, for example no to hold down block while holding down left click(from warband instincts when u had to feint and block). But how is it okay that I hit the cav for 30 dmg at full speed seeing him coming at me 100miles an hour from across the map and I still get knocked down or killed? how does that supports logic in gameplay. I've seen multiple instances where cav rushes full speed into spear wall, get stopped, and still escape. (Okay I get it there's the X mode, but im talking about normal attacks)

Your attack didnt hit well enough to trigger the rearing. The reason behind it could be anything from attacking too early/late or missing the initial stab, and dragging slightly.

At the moment, spears arnt really a counter to cavalry, atleast not if the cavalry knows what hes doing

Spears are 100% a counter to cavalry on foot. I have no problem rearing horsemen when they try to charge me. If they then try to get close and slow I just jump stab them. Do I win every fight against a horseman when I have a spear? No. Is it fair everytime that I lose? Yes.

Yeah it's kinda BS, to be fair. You can still rear horses in Bannerlord but it's not balanced and reliable like Warband and the stab attack 'release' is much slower as well as cav now moving around lightspeed so it's tricky...Also cav can now bump you off the stab if they get their angles correct so there's that. Also as you say if you do stop them you'll have a hard time denting their billion hit points. AND if you rear them, and do manage to damage their health bar they can zoom off before you land another hit. OH and btw you'll likely glance every shot if you do stop them and the attacks will be magnetised to the riders shield from pretty much any angle. BUT let's just be real - if you do someone rear someone playing cav it's not like you'll be able to carry out any other actions before getting lanced another 2/3 times from others....

You know what, just play cav.

Back
Top Bottom