MP Spears should deal more damage

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree, spears need a major buff. Mostly in formations, something weird happens there with friendly collission, Viking Conquest did this better than Bannerlord. For your suggestion, to balance the increase in spear damage, increase the heavy (mail+) armor values too without increasing any other weapon damage (perhaps apart from a slight increase in sword thrust pierce damage to balance the armor increase). A man in full maille should still be able to take a single spear thrust without falling dead even though a horse should be stopped just by running into it. Think couched lance damage, reversed effect, the horse's own speed working against it without the spearman having to release a magic button, the spear is still there even if you don't release left click at the right millisecond, no?

If cav can oneshot me, and I pick a spear to counter cav, then yes, I should be able to oneshot a horse that charges full speed into a spear.

Yes. Silly horsemen. You are already at a great advantage being on a horse and being able to choose your engage- and disengagements. If you bumrush someone alone into a spear, or into a group, you should die. Anyone else would in the same circumstances.

+1 i totally agree if you hold a Spear or a sword super close to a human body and just Trust its should be able to pierce and do damage

+1 i totally agree if you hold a Spear or a sword super close to a human body and just Trust its should be able to pierce and do damage
+1 and I hope to see some collision mechanic/system for the weapons, especially to spears. Currently, how many spears or any weapons pointing at you, you can just pass through them.

Until spears are fixed I'm pretty much done. Its not fun to deal 25 damage on a perfect stab then get hit with a ****ing shortsword stab for 3x that that has double the animation speed.

Spears shouldn't have any melee buffs until their many issues are addressed. They can:

-poke around and over shields too easily
-be spammed freely despite being blocked
-do damage very early and very late in the animation which is poorly conveyed
-be swapped from to a 1 handed weapon when pressured freely with little danger of taking damage
-be used easiest with a kick to do fast damage

The only buff that spears should get any time soon is improved ability to rear horses.

Spears shouldn't have any melee buffs until their many issues are addressed. They can:

-poke around and over shields too easily
-be spammed freely despite being blocked
-do damage very early and very late in the animation which is poorly conveyed
-be swapped from to a 1 handed weapon when pressured freely with little danger of taking damage
-be used easiest with a kick to do fast damage

The only buff that spears should get any time soon is improved ability to rear horses.
i dont think you should punish people too much for swapping them, but +1 for the rest, dont need buffs for them

In Warband if you were pressured with the wrong weapon out (javs, spear, bow etc) the switch time allowed the opponent to get one hit off, but otherwise the time to switch was very fast. I think this kept fights honest and added a little depth to groupfights as you had to have some awareness of your weapon and your opponent. Right now in Bannerlord I see people constantly switching weapon mid fight, taking out javs mid-melee, throwing them then switching back with each incoming attack blocked. It's messy and discourages melee.

In Warband if you were pressured with the wrong weapon out (javs, spear, bow etc) the switch time allowed the opponent to get one hit off, but otherwise the time to switch was very fast. I think this kept fights honest and added a little depth to groupfights as you had to have some awareness of your weapon and your opponent. Right now in Bannerlord I see people constantly switching weapon mid fight, taking out javs mid-melee, throwing them then switching back with each incoming attack blocked. It's messy and discourages melee.
I agree to this , you dont need to watch what you have in your hand at all.

Just leave the spear as it is, but move the "Keep at Bay" "Push Back" perks as a default trait of thrusting spears (no swing).

More damage or faster thrusts -- none of this is going to essentially fix the spear. The one advantage the spear has over any other melee weapon is range, and that range advantage, was THE advantage to have in combat -- powerful enough to make the spear reign as the king of weapons throughout entire human history of war before modern firearms.

I'll accept every "problem" the spear currently has, if I can properly use my spear to stop the opponent dead in his tracks from coming any closer to me -- as it should.

As far as the multiplayer side of things goes, I think the damage to the spear is generally fine. It isn't astronomical but if you can stay at range and get in multiple pokes, it adds up quickly. This is hard to do fighting 1v1 with someone which I think is fair, but is easy to do and effective when paired with a teammate who can keep the enemy at bay. I'd say the only major change the spear or pikes need is consistent circumstances when stopping a horse. As I've noticed it sometimes seems random if a horse is going to stop, and sometimes even weird angles will stop horses when it should really be striking the head or front of the horse to stop it.

But the damage doesn't seem bad, stopping a horse and stabbing it a few times will do a lot of damage to a horse, I've done close to 100 damage in total from stopping a charging cav and a few secondary strikes after it's stopped which is a good bit of damage to the horse. It isn't dead as horses have a lot of health, but they are definitely hurting.

Back
Top Bottom