Spear thrust on horseback

Users who are viewing this thread

How did you get it to work? Thanks for info.

**Edit: Nvm, I realize now that I needed the 3.01 patch for this to work. Thanks.

I downloaded the patch so I could thrust from horseback.  But apparently that also means I can no longer use my Katakama Yari for swinging at all, even on foot.  I really wish we could get two-handed polearm animations and be able to do an overhead thrust, standard thrust, and left and right swings from horseback or on foot.

You know, you can always use morgh's editor to change the items. So you can modify the three types of katakama yari to be able to swing on horseback (and on foot of course).

Ok guys, so recently I put on the 3.1 with 3.1 Suguroku and I can't seem to lance anything.  I tried pressing X but that doesn't change anything.

Also, I transferred a game over.  I notice at relation 9 with the guildmaster I still can't start a business.  Is the limit 10?  Don't mind me, only played the latest version in the past few days....

Kharille said:
Ok guys, so recently I put on the 3.1 with 3.1 Suguroku and I can't seem to lance anything.  I tried pressing X but that doesn't change anything.

The couched lance attack has been removed for historical accuracy.

Considering spears are quite fast on that game, I believe there is a lot to be gained from learning how to thrust them. By couching, you can kill enemies only on an arch in front of you. With thrusting, you can kill them all around, and faster, as you don't need to gain momentum.

KhivalrousBear said:
You know, you can always use morgh's editor to change the items. So you can modify the three types of katakama yari to be able to swing on horseback (and on foot of course).
I could do that if I got it to work.  But I don't think there are any mods that use the 2h spear animations on horseback.

Back
Top Bottom