Spear Overhaul (overhand + underhand attack animations, stat changes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Govna127

Recruit
Awesome concept and works well. My only complaint is that swords etc are effected by the changes. Anyway to prevent this?
 

Arcon

Sergeant
Are you guys sure this does not affect 2h spears? I get the cool shield + 1h spear animations over head and underhand but they seem to hardly do much damage when I hit people with them unless im charging at them. Standing still they do junk damage. So I put away my shield and 2h the spear and it seems to be very fast attack animations to the point I just roll with this in arena combat.
 

Divilly

Sergeant at Arms
Arcon said:
Are you guys sure this does not affect 2h spears? I get the cool shield + 1h spear animations over head and underhand but they seem to hardly do much damage when I hit people with them unless im charging at them. Standing still they do junk damage. So I put away my shield and 2h the spear and it seems to be very fast attack animations to the point I just roll with this in arena combat.

Using shield and spear in tournaments is useless if you don't have a decent ability with polearms. But in battle, you can flank enemies at distance while protecting yourself by the shield below the spear.
 

Arcon

Sergeant
Divilly said:
Using shield and spear in tournaments is useless if you don't have a decent ability with polearms. But in battle, you can flank enemies at distance while protecting yourself by the shield below the spear.

OK I have tried it outside of arena some and found it not to work much better but I will try some more. Battle Command option is not working for me in Brytenwalda right now(I click on option and nothing happens so I must 'Charge' every time) so maybe you are flanking more successfully since your game works right. Wish someone knew the answer why mine is not working =/
 

Urban_Viking

Sergeant
I like the mod for infantry, but for cavalry there is only 1 attack so i want it to be the original attack. I spent hours on cavalry with a spear and i have no idea where the spear is going with the different animations, can i keep it so while on foot i have the different animations and attacks but while on a horse i do the native spear thrust?
 

Jazzwind

Regular
Loaded this up, tried it out.  Love the ability to over hand.  Damage, though, was so pew pew that I wondered if I were doing it wrong.  Jacked the damage up on the spear to 65 - still pew pew.  Put it back to 38, jacked the pole arm skill up to 200.  Totes Def no pew pew no more.  So it's just time and practice to have a reliable kill stick, like anything else, I guess. 

Love this.  So much I recommended to the guys building the new Ancient Greek mod, soon to be released.  Spear overhand in a shield wall - such pleasure in the correctness. 

Thanks so much.
 

Urban_Viking

Sergeant
Does this work with brytenwalda repolished, the maker of that is stupid and for some reason didn't add two attack directions for spears.
 

gdwitt

Knight at Arms
If you can find me source files for this I will add it in.
Several modders have tried and failed.
There is an overhead spear animation that I experimented with for several weeks back in January.
It doesn't work and it will take a programmer to figure out.
Or you can find me a mod where it does work and beg the maker to release the source files.
 

gdwitt

Knight at Arms
Read Brujoloco's threads on this topic.

I left the overhead spear animation in your resources folder if you want to experiment.
My source files are open to any interested parties on Nexusmods.

I really want this too, but haven't seen it work without significant flaws in any mod except Viking Conquest.
Vikings is top secret stuff apparently.

If you really want this, find me a mod where it does work and I'll PM the modder on your behalf and post what I find here.
Most modders are very secretive about source files because they are the only thing that allows innovations to port between mods.
The fellow who started this thread was not working with source files.
 

Urban_Viking

Sergeant
gdwitt said:
Read Brujoloco's threads on this topic.

I left the overhead spear animation in your resources folder if you want to experiment.
My source files are open to any interested parties on Nexusmods.

I really want this too, but haven't seen it work without significant flaws in any mod except Viking Conquest.
Vikings is top secret stuff apparently.

If you really want this, find me a mod where it does work and I'll PM the modder on your behalf and post what I find here.
Most modders are very secretive about source files because they are the only thing that allows innovations to port between mods.
The fellow who started this thread was not working with source files.

Is this in viking conquest? If it isn't it should be.
 

gdwitt

Knight at Arms
I am looking at options, but the benefits bring more damage than aid.
This is not in Viking Conquest.
They have an overhead 2 hand spear.
I have posted information for help on the Forge.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,332281.0.html

Read it.
If you want to encourage the top developers to answer my humble question, you can reply to this and keep it at the top of the board.
 

slite

Veteran
No download link, really? Would really like to use this mod, so tired of the awful spears in Warband..  :facepalm:
 

gdwitt

Knight at Arms
The Brytenwalda reworked does have an overhead two-handed spear with shield. It is a marvel to see but it doesn't make contact enough.
I have been hoping Bannerlord would fix it, but it seems those fellow jumped on a boat.
 
Top Bottom