Spear Infantry

Users who are viewing this thread

Making the spear infantry descent to at least hold off in skirmish

1) Make the class 120 gold
2) Give them a decent spear so either improve the length of the spear or give them the long spear. For a spear infantry, this unit has no stopping power to all forms of cav.

This class needs to be able to spawn 3 times in skirmish, right now it's just garbage.
I don't get WHY you haven't changed this already, but it makes khuzait even weaker.
An alternative, which was suggested multiple times is to make an heavy inf class for khuzait but, since i know it won't happen please for the love of god make this class spawn 3 times. Or at least make other classes on khuzait better and not trash like the nomad/rabble/lancer. You are nerfing horse archers,so now it's time to give some strength to this faction.
Also the khuzait heavy mace used to be faster i think, right now it feels slower compared to other maces or weapons.
All this balancing problems come from your class system, so everyone would appreciate if there were constant (Even small) changes to try to make it at least balanced.

Probably because this is a cavalry faction.. but i mean it still kinda sucks to be low armour and slow
Yes this right here is what people are missing ^
If every faction has the same excact troops just reskinned, why even have factions?? Khuzait aren't supposed to be a melee powerhouse. They're a horse faction whose infantry should really be mediocre at best, but cavalry really good. It would be dumb if Khuzaits had some shock infantry troop and heavy infantry. They don't need it. They have heavy cavalry with an op as f*ck twohander and their staple, the horse archers. The inf is there to support their cav.

Ps. They also have a heavy armored archer with a glaive. Yeah.

If every faction has the same excact troops just reskinned, why even have factions?? Khuzait aren't supposed to be a melee powerhouse. They're a horse faction whose infantry should really be mediocre at best, but cavalry really good. It would be dumb if Khuzaits had some shock infantry troop and heavy infantry. They don't need it. They have heavy cavalry with an op as f*ck twohander and their staple, the horse archers. The inf is there to support their cav.

The thing is they are not a powerhouse in anything right now.
The horse archer got completely nerfed with the last patch, nomad is hands down one of the worse light cavalry in the game and the lancer isn't good enough especially since couches can't do as much damage anymore.The heavy archer class is decent i guess but vlandian crossbowmen are way better imo.
Just because you can get on tdm playing lancer with a glaive and 1hitting people it doesn't mean it's a good class.

What you are not understanding is that every medium class in the game has the possibility to spawn 3 times in skirmish except the spear infantry.
Which is completely dumb, especially since this class costs more than menavlion infantry which is 50 times better.
You can at max spawn with this class as many times as a vlandian sergeant, which means it can be compared to heavy infantry cost-wise but it's completely garbage since they are not heavy infantry but medium.
Other classes khuzait have are the rabble which i won't comment and the low-price archer that doesn't have a shield perk.
If you are really arguing that this faction isn't at disatvantage against any others, i don't know what to tell you.
Allowing this class to spawn only 2 times right now it's just incoherent and again, all this could have been avoided with an equipment system.

This isn't aimed specifically at this class in particular as I wouldn't have a clue how to properly balance the faction, but just based on the fact it's called 'Spear Infantry' and obviously that's meant to be it's role. I think spear infantry should be some of the fastest in the game, as it's the only time that spears become in the slightest bit viable. You're required to use footwork to keep yourself at a distance where your attacks don't glance, and the overall low damage of the spear is a fair trade-off for that. I have more success using the pike with shock infantry in a 1v1 fight than using a spear, or spear and shield combo on any other class.

Obviously this could go against the Khuzait's cavalry focus, but I think it's something for the dev's to consider if they ever think of adding new classes. I'd make a seperate thread but to be honest there's hardly anyone that even attempts to use the spear for anti-infantry purposes, and I only do so for the fun of it and hoping that one day, if they do buff the spear (which they don't seem keen on) I'll be some sort of spear god.

Other than that, I like this class just because they look like some bad mother fu ckers. But gameplay wise they're bad.

This isn't aimed specifically at this class in particular as I wouldn't have a clue how to properly balance the faction, but just based on the fact it's called 'Spear Infantry' and obviously that's meant to be it's role. I think spear infantry should be some of the fastest in the game, as it's the only time that spears become in the slightest bit viable. You're required to use footwork to keep yourself at a distance where your attacks don't glance, and the overall low damage of the spear is a fair trade-off for that. I have more success using the pike with shock infantry in a 1v1 fight than using a spear, or spear and shield combo on any other class.

Obviously this could go against the Khuzait's cavalry focus, but I think it's something for the dev's to consider if they ever think of adding new classes. I'd make a seperate thread but to be honest there's hardly anyone that even attempts to use the spear for anti-infantry purposes, and I only do so for the fun of it and hoping that one day, if they do buff the spear (which they don't seem keen on) I'll be some sort of spear god.

Other than that, I like this class just because they look like some bad mother fu ckers. But gameplay wise they're bad.
Khuzait has a cavalry focus yes, but they possess the weakest cavalry besides Battania(light Battania cav is way better then light Khuzait though), and have a heavy foot Archer with a 2h weapon.. before Bannerlord i didn't know Mongolians were known for heavily armored foot archers. My point is that from a lore perspective Khuzait makes no sense in their class design anyway, so buffing their infantry wouldn't be game breaking.

Dude Khuzait heavy cav under-performs in ANYTHING. Lowest armour(with glaive), shortest lance, no long spear as alternative, no good horse without giving your shield away. Also glaive is a very bad team-play weapon(for skirmish) because it has such a high team damage potential. It's just a selfish weapon that performs better when 1v1, just like the menav cav.
Horse archers got nerfed to hell, cant even shoot accurately whilst moving now.
Spear infantry also under-performs in many aspects. Low armour and mediocre weapons, worst spear.
Light cav has the shortest spear for a cav and to get the long spear you need to trade your shield.
Light archers are the worst of their class.

Ok let's talk about captain mode then. And yes it's obvious there needs to be two sets of classes or different balance for skirmish and captain.

Khuzait lancers delete any other cav with their glaives. The only other cav who have similar weapons are the imperial coursers (with 16-25 armor) with cav menavlions, which deal way less damage. Also, compared to the other heavy cav:
- Khuzait Lancers have 30 if they have glaives
- Aserai Mamlukes have 32
- Sturgian Druzhinniks have 38
- Imperial Cataphracts have 45
- Vlandian Knights have 41-50
Keep in mind that none of these right here have glaives or similar weapons^
With a lance or long spear/kontos to deal good damage, you usually have to always charge and turn around and charge again. With glaives you can just move around a bit while turning from side to side, spamming side swings.

While yes, horse archer accuracy while moving was nerfed into oblivion, they really are only vulnerable to enemy melee cav. You can still play them as really mobile archers. Also, khuzait khan's guard have glaives and heavy armor (38 being pretty high), while being archers.
There is really no point in making the khuzaits have really good inf too. Sometimes in captain mode, I've seen spear inf win by a lot vs varyags. Supposed weakest melee inf fac vs supposed strongest.

Thought i'd give my reply to this cuz Khuzait's been bottom tier since day one, and it doesn't help that they bumped his cost up from 120 to 130 several patches ago. I think the best way to buff him would be to allow for his spears to be swung like low damage clubs whenever his shield is holstered, similarly to how spears worked in Mount&Blade: Warband. This should increase his effectiveness at dueling in open areas significantly

I think spear inf needs a glaive perk.
Might be a difficult thing to balance, I think. Spear Infantry's probably the only medium infantry in the game, and unless there's a massive skill discrepancy between two teams, Khuzait players can generally do a fair chunk of damage with the heavy mace or throwing spear + basic sword.

Probably my favorite class. Wish there was an option for longer spear while retaining movement speed increase. Short spear doesn't make much sense to me when the class already has a built in sidearm. Shield doesn't seem as strong as it should be on what I perceive as a more defensive infantry unit, especially considering the lower armor compared to other factions primary infantry.

Would like a customization option for full covering gauntlets rather than the straps and such available now.

I agree, Empire has Menavlions, Vlandia has Voulge/Bilhook.

I think the problem is no one would play Spear Inf with Glaive when Khan's Guard exists. Khans can 1v1 any shock unit without firing a shot and win and will murder most Light Infantry as well. (Club Clans can kind of stand a chance if you get them in a tight spot where they can't swing).
I don't think a Khuzait Shock Infantry would have a job to do that Khan's Guard isn't already better at.

I think the problem is no one would play Spear Inf with Glaive when Khan's Guard exists. Khans can 1v1 any shock unit without firing a shot and win and will murder most Light Infantry as well. (Club Clans can kind of stand a chance if you get them in a tight spot where they can't swing).
I don't think a Khuzait Shock Infantry would have a job to do that Khan's Guard isn't already better at.
Archers should not have access to polearms and twohanders at all. That's one of the core issues I have with multiplayer balance at the moment.

Once Khans Guard doesn't have glaive anymore, giving it to Spear Infantry in exchange for its shield seems like an okay option.

Archers should not have access to polearms and twohanders at all. That's one of the core issues I have with multiplayer balance at the moment.

Once Khans Guard doesn't have glaive anymore, giving it to Spear Infantry in exchange for its shield seems like an okay option.
Khan's Guard is definitely the worst offender and I don't think anyone will argue it couldn't use a nerf. Being able to take Glaive and Reinforcement perks in Captain is just a war-crime.

Said this two years ago and I stand by it lol:

Back
Top Bottom