Spear Infantry

Users who are viewing this thread

spearinfantry.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Khuzait Spear Infantry in this thread.

I think the movement speed needs to be increased a bit and it would.be nice to see glaive or 2h added as a perk because there is currently no medium armor inf that is fun to pay as khuzait.

I agree with the movement speed suggestion, the class feels very slow, I'd suggest an increase to 78, like the rest of the infantry classes. The longer spear perk is mostly useless as you're not going to be needing a longer one to stop horses and the improved armor has more of an impact on gameplay and it's just more useful.

I also cannot find a reason to pick throwing spears since the default weapon is a spear. You need a melee weapon for infantry engagements. I usually just go with the mace, there's little reason to pick the sword, but it's probably something newer players may prefer since they are at risk of getting outreached more, so it's probably not a bad idea to keep it.

The stronger shield perk is also mostly useless. I see no reason to pick it if my default shield is good by itself, and it's not worth trading improved armor for it.

Eh I must be weird for really liking this class, the long spear + sword combination just works for me. I will double what flav says though, increase it's movement and have a sword by default making the throwing spears replace the spear as it used to.

A set that is an “unreasonably powerful weapon” / conventional set of equipment in terms of benefits.

lDzZaUL.png

T9KI9wt.png

Instead of “nerf”, think about adapting the equipment of other factions to the Khuzait level (Sturgia “Warrior” has such benefits, and they are excellent!).

Last edited:
A set that is an “unreasonably powerful weapon” / conventional set of equipment in terms of benefits.

lDzZaUL.png

T9KI9wt.png

Instead of “nerf”, think about adapting the equipment of other factions to the Khuzait level (Sturgia “Warrior” has such benefits, and they are excellent!).
+1 every nation should have decent light inf and heavy inf just as an upgrade (same with cav and archers) We got that in siege and TDM why not in skirmish?

I think the movement speed needs to be increased a bit and it would.be nice to see glaive or 2h added as a perk because there is currently no medium armor inf that is fun to pay as khuzait.
I'd also like to see the glaive as an option; on TDM and Siege it is clear that the Khuzait are the least popular faction amongst casual players, and I strongly suspect that its lack of a cheap 2H class is the reason. Since glaives can be used with shields, I think it would fit best in the first set of perks, replacing the long spear option (and replacing the short spear when chosen, rather than adding an extra weapon).

Kinda funny that all throwing spear options are way better skirmishers than skirmishers are since they one hit kill horses making them extremely useful for shield wall inf and cav killers

If there is ever anything wrong with the Khuzait faction as a whole (especially in Siege and Skirmishes), it's because of the Spear Infantry in my opinion.

The Khuzait lack a proprer Infantry using a 2H weapon which deals tons of damage. Spear Infantry needs to have the option to use a sort of 2H glaive (or any weapon similar to Menavlion).

Spear Infantry also feels too slow. Everything feels so slow, the running, the swinging, the blocking,etc. I'd rather play Rabble and slip through the ennemies like a soap bar than play this ultra slow infantry that, in the end, deals very little damage.

If there is ever anything wrong with the Khuzait faction as a whole (especially in Siege and Skirmishes), it's because of the Spear Infantry in my opinion.

The Khuzait lack a proprer Infantry using a 2H weapon which deals tons of damage. Spear Infantry needs to have the option to use a sort of 2H glaive (or any weapon similar to Menavlion).

Spear Infantry also feels too slow. Everything feels so slow, the running, the swinging, the blocking,etc. I'd rather play Rabble and slip through the ennemies like a soap bar than play this ultra slow infantry that, in the end, deals very little damage.
If you get a glaive on a match where the enemy archer knows his stuff , you are basically dead. I agree this class feels slow but damage wasnt an issue for me, especially if you use the mace

If you get a glaive on a match where the enemy archer knows his stuff , you are basically dead. I agree this class feels slow but damage wasnt an issue for me, especially if you use the mace

I agree, having no shield is an issue against archers, my point remain = let spear infantry have the choice to use a 2h

2 Handers in skirmish are a meme, if anything i'd give more speed to their mace and make them have slightly better and faster movement. Spear infantry is not a bad class, but they can get outranged very easily and outspammed.

i just tried them against valandia voulgeir
1 class v 1 class in captain mod.
not using any formation or receiving any kind of damage before the fight

i lost all of them without any kill for me :meh:
of course it's going to be a losing situation,
but not a single kill is a bit extreme !!
they supposed to kill at least half of them then die

2 Handers in skirmish are a meme, if anything i'd give more speed to their mace and make them have slightly better and faster movement. Spear infantry is not a bad class, but they can get outranged very easily and outspammed.
This is the issue imo , because opposing factions can opt for swords since khuzait inf is weak in terms of armor, and you need to use a mace because their inf is heavy

2h in the hands of a pretty amazing player can deal so much damage. You might die more often of course, but you can also clutch 3 kills in 5 seconds. I do agree that on the competitive scene 2h classes are lackluster. The main issue being the delay you get for blocking after hitting a shield (especially voulgier, what the hell ? You hit a shield, you are 100% unable to block the next hit in time). Still, one good 2h user in a 6v6 skirmish can provide good damage if he's good at dodging arrows.

The point still remain that khuzait are lacking proper infantry, 1h or 2h. Spear infantry should receive a 2h weapon (optional of course).

Don't know about Captain mode, but the Lancer and Khan's guard both get the Glaive, and are more heavily armored than the Infantry option. They should be acting as the heavy hitters and damage dealers since the Khuzait are supposed to be a fast moving skirmishing type faction. I don't think their infantry needs a glaive considering they lack a heavy infantry option.

But I do agree that they could probably use an increase in movement speed. I would also adjust the perk for the throwing spears slightly to replace the spear that spear infantry carries instead of their 1 handed sword, like you can do with the Legionaire for the Empire.

@Callum The first perk should be should be improved armour, spear, throwing spears and the second should be mace, sword, glaive. Improved shield can be used instead of glaive if you don't want them to have a two hander. Let's be honest stronger shield is just a place holder.

Why is this the slowest infantry in the game. It has less than half as much armor and worse weapons than most of the infantry that are faster. Moving this unit up to 79 or 80 speed feels like a must.

Back
Top Bottom