Spawning of hight tier Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

You can marry your brother to a an imperial lady, take her scale armor, get her killed and marry him to another one, until your whole clan has imperial scale armor. Not sure about the particular sturgeon armor OP wants, but for just high tier matching armor you can't go wrong with spouse abuse.

You can marry your brother to a an imperial lady, take her scale armor, get her killed and marry him to another one, until your whole clan has imperial scale armor. Not sure about the particular sturgeon armor OP wants, but for just high tier matching armor you can't go wrong with spouse abuse.
nooo.....
i dont want to be that cruel

I'm level 30-something and on Day 1300+, with nine cities, and I've never once seen a high-tier piece of equipment for sale. The only ones I've gotten were beat-up ones from beating massive enemy armies, and even then only once I got my Roguery skill up a bit.

I feel like this is a game where you expect things wont always go your way. You can save scum battles (which I do). But, I like that it ain't always easy. That's what I really appreciate about this game. I want everything the bestest, but I can't have it that way. That's what I like. #realism... JK I don't tweet.

I have to ask, is this even a problem anymore? I just moved to 1.5.7 and so far it seems like every armor and most if not all weapons showed up in the game pretty early. I don't think I have any mods that alter this or at least the mods I am using that I think might actually be able to alter this, didn't in previous versions. If it is a mod, well then Taleworlds needs to figure out which one it is and copy whatever makes the armor show up. Oh and the prices are reasonable as well. Best chest armor sells for about 58k. Best helms, 18k.

The only thing I don't see being available is actual horse barding. I see plenty of harnesses for sale but no actual horse armor.

I feel like this is a game where you expect things wont always go your way. You can save scum battles (which I do). But, I like that it ain't always easy. That's what I really appreciate about this game. I want everything the bestest, but I can't have it that way. That's what I like. #realism... JK I don't tweet.
Yeah but the realism becomes completely removed form the game when your a Lord or a King, in charge of 2 cites and 3 castles, with 10 million Denars in assets and you can't wear the same armor or use the same weapons that a unit you have 50 off in your army can wear. I would think that as a King, if nothing else, I could go to my Elite Imperial Cataphract and say, " Give me your arms and armor" and he would comply. Wearing worn chain and a battered helm in this situation makes no sense whatsoever and is absolutely not realistic.

Yeah but the realism becomes completely removed form the game when your a Lord or a King, in charge of 2 cites and 3 castles, with 10 million Denars in assets and you can't wear the same armor or use the same weapons that a unit you have 50 off in your army can wear. I would think that as a King, if nothing else, I could go to my Elite Imperial Cataphract and say, " Give me your arms and armor" and he would comply. Wearing worn chain and a battered helm in this situation makes no sense whatsoever and is absolutely not realistic.
Point taken. I must agree.

I have to ask, is this even a problem anymore? I just moved to 1.5.7 and so far it seems like every armor and most if not all weapons showed up in the game pretty early. I don't think I have any mods that alter this or at least the mods I am using that I think might actually be able to alter this, didn't in previous versions. If it is a mod, well then Taleworlds needs to figure out which one it is and copy whatever makes the armor show up. Oh and the prices are reasonable as well. Best chest armor sells for about 58k. Best helms, 18k.

The only thing I don't see being available is actual horse barding. I see plenty of harnesses for sale but no actual horse armor.

I am running 1.5.8 vanilla, best helms are 150k, best armors 400-600k.

I have noticed there is an initial pool of each high end armor piece across several towns (Helmet in sargot, armor in ostican as an example) and this repeats for each culture.

I haven’t seen a new brigand with taberd since...have seen a few crowned helmets though, about 750 days in.

This still seems such a needlessly complex system that it boggles my mind. I mean I am glad that they are working on getting better items to show up and all but so much is tied to this production system and all of it is broken.
I wouldn't really call the production system broken or complex. It takes 10 days and 1 single iron ore to spawn an ultra tier armor; that's it. Once it's properly balanced and polished it won't be much different in functionality to the random spawning that you suggested. It's meant to work regardless of player intervention, so micromanagement isn't actually (supposed to be) necessary.

In reality, ultra tier armor already spawns frequently, but like I said, it's a large category (174 items in total) which is bigger than both medium and heavy armor categories combined, so what happens is the spawns get heavily skewed towards the lower valued items, since the items in that category currently have a wide range in value from 5k to 600k+. Once the price changes are implemented they can re-evaluate everything, and if necessary, separate the highest value armors into another category or two (e.g. 'noble' or 'legendary' armors) with their own production rates to increase their spawn frequency.

That said, I ran a test, and there does appear to be a moderate shortage of iron ore in the world. Over the course of 420 days, 1925 ultra armor items spawned worldwide in total, giving an overall rate of 4.58 ultra armors per day. The world had 53 artisan shops and 17 smithies in it, which should give an expected rate of (53 + 17) / 10 = 7 ultra armor spawns per day. That means ultra armor is only being produced at roughly 65% of its expected rate (4.58 / 7 = 65.4%). That's explained through a shortage of iron ore, and one potential solution is to just boost villages' iron production.

I think having an npc that you are able to commission expensive armor from if you're above a certain clan tier or something would be fine though. Also, there's no hard cap on the value of looted items, but that's a different topic.

FYI, if anyone wants to remove the iron ore requirement from ultra armor spawns since there's currently a shortage, you can do that in the spworkshops.xml file in the SandBox modules folder. Just open it up in notepad or notepad++ and find the "ItemCategory.ultra_armor" production listed under the artisan workshop and delete the <Input input_item="iron" /> tag above it. You can also increase how often it produces an armor by changing its conversion_speed to 1 (or more). Like so:

yHntN.png

A conversion speed of 1 means the artisan will produce 1 of that item per day. You can repeat that process for the ultra armor production of smithy workshops too if you want.

Last edited:

I have noticed there is an initial pool of each high end armor piece across several towns (Helmet in sargot, armor in ostican as an example) and this repeats for each culture.

I haven’t seen a new brigand with taberd since...have seen a few crowned helmets though, about 750 days in.
I've just gone 400 days in and all of a sudden I have a handful of 500k Sturgian armours in shop...

Must be a mod then. Well crap, I was thinking it was finally fixed and prices were reasonable. That being said, why the hell can a modder get the production to produce the high tiered armors quickly and keep the prices realistic and reasonable and the devs cannot? It boggles my mind. Obviously it is something pretty simple or a modder couldn't fix it so easily. It just makes me so frustrated that we are a year into early access with high tier weapons and armor being an issue the entire time and a volunteer modder makes it work right, probably with just a few months worth of part time work. It is no wonder that people are so frustrated with Taleworlds on so many things.

So an analogy... right now you go into a supermarket and choose from what is available - there is variation, but stock isn't chosen by you. But what you want is to make sure the supermarket has your favourite brand of ketchup - even if it is a special import from Alaska.

If I understand you?

Perhaps you just need to buy the right workshops in your favourite city to ensure they exist - making sure that city also has the right villages, and start filling that city with the right resources to give your favourite armours more chances to be made? Take a bit of control over the situation.

By the time you can afford this stuff you are an established Lord of the realm with several fiefs.

You should be able to have this stuff custom made for you by master blacksmiths.

You shouldn't be shopping at the mall with the rest of the plebians in the hope you will find fancy army at that stage in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom