Spawn area should kill you for camping it

Users who are viewing this thread

After 10-15 seconds, spawning in and camping your spawn area (unreachable by opp) should kill you to promote leaving in a timely manner.

This has basically gotten as bad as people hiding outside map boundaries and on roofs that should not normally be accessible.

Please fix.

Also, Ebdanian brings up a great set of points towards seeing the map just removed as a resolution, which I support:
The map with the protected spawns just needs to be removed. There is so much currently wrong with it. The spawns themselves crisscross each other in a way that makes no sense. during fights your opponent will constantly be spawning behind you. It is also completely broken and features numerous extremely easy map breaks and broken areas that you can glitch onto.
Between the hut roof, broken map collisions that people ignore/abuse, and the overall feel could really just see this map scrapped or heavily requiring a revamp, but as is shouldn't be in rotation.

Last edited:
In the sand Map I used to play horse archer and jump from A rampart to some house roof so id be invulnerable to infantry and also had the opportunity to see A and C from there. I mean... sure it was stupid, but not game breaking at all

The spawn is often camped by the opponent so protecting it by some kind makes sense for the enemy team to form up after a wipe.
I agree it sucks people just stay in there but the opposite - a team killed off instantly again before having a chance to spawn again and reform in timely manner as well - is even worse.

The map with the protected spawns just needs to be removed. There is so much currently wrong with it. The spawns themselves crisscross each other in a way that makes no sense. during fights your opponent will constantly be spawning behind you. It is also completely broken and features numerous extremely easy map breaks and broken areas that you can glitch onto.

Since the rounds are very short, i dont see any problem with an afk in the secured spawn areas.
this is not about afk people tho, at least not completely. There are some maps where you can stay in spawn as an archer and your enemies wont be able to reach you

this is not about afk people tho, at least not completely. There are some maps where you can stay in spawn as an archer and your enemies wont be able to reach you
I think you are talking about that corner spawns in the forest skirm map? Is it possible to shoot the flag areas? I havent seen it and if not, just cap and let the campers come.

I think you are talking about that corner spawns in the forest skirm map? Is it possible to shoot the flag areas? I havent seen it and if not, just cap and let the campers come.

It's not so much you can shoot onto the caps, but when you are fighting people to stop them getting to the cap and the archers are on the spawn platform shooting down... just, it doesn't happen in other maps so why is it acceptable in this one?

Probably because the map is so small compared to others, you dont have the big spawn areas like in the desert and middleeuropean map. It is acceptable since it doesnt matter. When you are in a fight with somebody at the flag, it makes to difference if he is in his spawn or not.

True you can even jump into one of the protected spawns.
This mal has easily the most glitches and abuses.

Probably because the map is so small compared to others, you dont have the big spawn areas like in the desert and middleeuropean map. It is acceptable since it doesnt matter. When you are in a fight with somebody at the flag, it makes to difference if he is in his spawn or not.

It does matter because he now has no danger from being pushed... if an archer tries to stand and shoot at me and the inf I’m fighting steps off me just a little bit too far I’m pushing that archer. Can’t do that when they are in an area I can’t reach and I can’t get out of the area I’m fighting in without being shot and stabbed in the back as I run.

I'm totally on board with this as a resolution. Between the hut roof, broken map collisions that people ignore/abuse, and the overall feel could really just see this map scrapped or heavily requiring a revamp.

Back
Top Bottom