OSP Code Combat [SP] Weapon Head flipping

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been looking for head flipping/swapping for Warband for a while, and managed to find a way to do it through WSE. Similar to Somebody's Alternate Weapon Modes but more lightweight, this mod adds head flipping to Warband.
This does require WSE (included in the files) in order to work.
The only edited source files are module_info (for compile directory), header_items (for adding the wse offset_flip flag), and module_items (for adding and modifying the items). I commented whenever I edited, so if you cntrl+f flipping in the items files you'll find the edits.
This should work for just about any mod for Warband, you can even copy the items from compiled text into another module, run that module with WSE, and they should work. I've tried this with Knights the Last Battle and Viking Conquest.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/38883qist6ymmu6/Head+flipping.7z
-Includes compiled module and source
-Readme on how to install/run WSE
-Added alternate weapon modes for 14 weapons:
  • Hammer (pierce)
  • Pickaxe (blunt)
  • Military Hammer (pierce)
  • Fighting Pick (blunt)
  • Military Pick (blunt)
  • One Handed Battle Axe (pierce)
  • Hafted Blade (pierce)
  • Iron Battle Axe (blunt)
  • Iron War Axe (pierce)
  • Sarranid Battle Axe (blunt)
  • Sarranid War Axe (pierce)
  • Glaive (pierce)
  • Poleaxe (blunt)
  • War Hammer (pierce)
I tried to balance out the damage but the effect itself is quite powerful and I didn't want to change it from vanilla. You can obviously tweak them however you wish, though adding the itp_has_bayonet flag for the secondary mode may be a good way to balance it out due to adding a delay for swapping between modes.

I haven't done much playing with this, but is it feasible to apply something similar to spears to give them a lower reach "choked up" stance?

Apocal said:
I haven't done much playing with this, but is it feasible to apply something similar to spears to give them a lower reach "choked up" stance?
This only flips the mesh 180 degrees, it doesn't move it up or down. Unless there's another WSE flag I don't know of, you could use the offset_musket flag (which doesn't require WSE) to do this. Though the problem with that is that it flips the mesh upside-down, so this would only really work if the spear had a buttspike. It also works better when the attachment point is closer to the bottom of the weapon, otherwise the reach value becomes inaccurate to the weapon mesh.

Back
Top Bottom