SP Top Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I know I'm late to the party (this forum) but over my hundreds of hours of Bannerlord (thousand + in M&B in total), I cannot stress it that aside from a needed additions of the political and kingdom system, I would like to point out and request 3 specifics that should be added. Please Note: I don't know exactly where to post a thread like this but until then, it goes here in the SP Suggestions!

1: Character/Faction Biography Edit - It's a minor request of the quality of life in this game but I can guarantee that a solid slice of the Bannerlord community give their character a bit of backstories, some people probably write their stories in Microsoft Word and the cooler people definitely just like to commission an art but I must say that it would fantastic if Taleworlds could merely seal that in by giving us the choice to edit our biography texts (see above Info tab) and I mean at good length (not a cheap word amount). And I don't just mean our character but also Family Members, Companions, and also our own custom Kingdom (maybe the Lord's too?). At least to just say, a bio is a good start for more.

This way we don't have to wait and rely on the elusive traits to make an skimpy and appalling bio to our character but rather something with life!
bannerlord6-1024x576.jpg

2: ADOPTION - I can bet you all the gold in my character's inventory (which currently ranges to a few million) and my custom 300 - 1100 dmg glaive (Levity) the flat majority of any Bannerlord player has either requested, mentioned or even dreamt of adoption; this coupled with every player's lack of children until their 40s and the long wait of having to raise the children to fighting age - Point being, it would be fantastic to add adoption, at least start with adopting companions, as I have a couple of young candidates that I had the honor of tutoring and watching fall unconscious in battle meanwhile I win it with only sliver of health.

I would like to see my clan blossom into a large clan healthy and ripe for future nepotism in my custom kingdom I intend on inheriting (currently am bound to inherit the Northern Empire because I pitied them 2 in-game years ago and joined). But it doesn't have to just be companions adopted into children but a possible field of adopting siblings (at a penalty of upsetting existing siblings or adopting as children while upsetting other adult children).

Note: My character is like in his 40s and would never adopt this thing as a child.
xq62nts7gmr41.png

This is one system I can guarantee many want to see as it would greatly expand their clans (add a limit if you must, at least allow 2 adoptions) and make them fief-granting to making lords and the marrying family members to gain more mechanic much more fruitful.

3: Expanded Kingdom Rank System - Aside from every request that entails a greatly expanded kingdom system (which I fully support because I love politics and kingdom management), a kingdom needs ranks aside from 2 ranks: The King & Generals (because ladies in waiting and children don't count. The only technical rank is the Marshal but that's not a rank but an ability given to lords to summon armies.

Let's separate the Lords from the even more powerful lords by granting ranks, truly giving certain clans more influence or perks depending on the job (i.e the rank of a court strategist, marshal, chancellor, cavalry commander, bodyguard captain, or even a freaking Duke). A possible solution as to creating a hierarchy suitable to the historicity of the middle ages and a hierarchy system worthy of a custom kingdom and it's much needed overhaul of politics and management.

Now before you nitpick and possible destroy my confidence and essentially my will to mount and blade things; just know I am a humble player making my way across Calradia. Do consider these as a start.

I would like to see villages given a second production product that has a small chance to change to a different high demand product (at time of change), this would add some dynamics to the economy throughout the game.

Remember when you could set troops to formations or just make a troop of companions. Why did they remove it and where can we get the 'Notes' from warband. Individual relations instead of clans would be nice as well.

I need a scout, several factions are fighting against me, I need to know where their armies are and what their numbers are.

I urgently need a template for managing prisoners, I fought off the siege of the city 4 times and each time armies of 1400-1600 people came, I need to leave 2-10 fighters of each type (depending on rank) so that I can replenish the army.
After each battle, I have 500-1100 prisoners, I'm tired of manually dragging them.

there is not enough highlighting of troops in the list by type, often you have to give troops to the garrison, you need to see troops that have reached the limit of development or do not have type development at all, militia, caravaners, etc.

Last edited:
Bigger map more factions. New world Asia Africa.
Bigger map??? I don't don't understand why the world is as big already, half the game is grinding and taking castles in repetitive sieges, I would rather prefer a smaller map with better politics and more differences between factions. They all play the same.

Bigger map??? I don't don't understand why the world is as big already, half the game is grinding and taking castles in repetitive sieges, I would rather prefer a smaller map with better politics and more differences between factions. They all play the same.
This. In my opinion this is the reason why warband's endgame was so much better : you had variety and you could see the light at the end of the tunnel

There was a problem of choosing soldiers for battle if there was a large army, the game gave me a lot of cavalry and few archers, but I wanted the opposite.
=
In a large army, some soldiers never gain experience because they never enter the battlefield.

I have 124 captive lords, I want to sell only the lords of Bottania, I need small colored icons next to the avatar, and also a note that the lord is the leader of the clan.

now there are two options for poaching lords; in peacetime without fiefs and during war with fiefs, you can add a third option - independent lords, they will be in your faction, but they will have their own laws, they may not take part in wars and fight among themselves.

It is very difficult to find clan relations, I have a lot of them and I need to raise relations, I have to sort through for a long time, I need to sort my clans according to their relationship to me.
I scored 130 captured lords and 1000 captured soldiers, the soldiers must be sold, and the lords should be left, spent a lot of time separating them in the menu from the intermediary.

Often after the battle, my units recruit extra soldiers and extra prisoners, but I don’t see this right away, I only see messages about desertion and how prisoners run away, it is necessary that the army has red overflow numbers just like it’s done with me.

Add the ability to transfer soldiers to lords with less than 40% units.

now there are two options for poaching lords; in peacetime without fiefs and during war with fiefs, you can add a third option - independent lords, they will be in your faction, but they will have their own laws, they may not take part in wars and fight among themselves.
Subsequently, this will provide an opportunity for the AI to create coalitions and new factions.

Add combat sounds:
Command duplication sounds (battle horns)

Enemy intimidation sounds (command warcry)

Last edited:
Hi all. Really enjoying the game! Would make sense for a patch that allows you to retrieve ammo from killed enemies. At the moment I'm trying to improve my throwing skill but run out of Javelins etc as I don't miss and so all the javelins are stuck in enemies and I can't retrieve them! Cheers
EDIT - seems to work for throwing axes - can get them back from the body of the dead!

Sorry if this has been suggested before but attacking an enemies siege camp / sallying out would be much more satisfying if it takes place at the camp outside the beseiged town or castle rather than open field. Cheers

Last edited:
Add the ability to create units in battle for all types. I need a squad of spearmen against cavalry.

Hi all. Really enjoying the game! Would make sense for a patch that allows you to retrieve ammo from killed enemies. At the moment I'm trying to improve my throwing skill but run out of Javelins etc as I don't miss and so all the javelins are stuck in enemies and I can't retrieve them! Cheers
EDIT - seems to work for throwing axes - can get them back from the body of the dead!

Sorry if this has been suggested before but attacking an enemies siege camp / sallying out would be much more satisfying if it takes place at the camp outside the beseiged town or castle rather than open field. Cheers
This I think Warband had that feature. There also might be a mod for that.

I have some suggestions:
1 I suggest adding construction elements. Players can design their own style of the city wall, build various fortifications for the occupied city wall, and determine the location of the fortifications themselves.

2 Add the street battle function, and players can build houses in the castle. Traps and trenches. Players can deploy their troops to the roof of the house and dug trenches in advance before the start of the garrison war. After the enemy occupies the city wall, they will fight with the players in the street. The troops deployed in advance in the trenches will charge the enemy when the enemy lacks defense, the archers on the house will also attack the enemy, and the enemy will attack the archers through the ladder.

3 Players can build positions, such as bunkers and trenches, before field and siege battles. Players can also build a headquarters with guards. Players can use binoculars to inspect the battlefield and command the troops at the headquarters. The enemy may attack the headquarters secretly.
4. The spark of sword collision in the battle is too small, and there is no dynamic blur effect in the battle. I hope to increase the spark of sword collision and dynamic blur effect.
5 Add kill slow lens effect. Players can choose to turn it off or on.
6 Add the "bullet time" effect similar to "Sniper Elite 4". When the player's troops use the crossbow to attack the city, the bullet time will appear automatically. The player can see the effect of the crossbow hitting the enemy. The player can choose to turn off or turn on this effect
7 Add the command of bow and arrow volley
8 Add the flame lighting function of bow and arrow.
9. Improve the charge effect of cavalry charge on infantry. The cavalry can knock the infantry away, but the effect is not obvious now.
Add more role-playing games for urban interaction, such as farming, real estate sales, court decisions and other functions, and there are too few urban interactions now.
11 Increase the bloody effect, such as beheading. Players can choose to turn this effect off or on
12 Add the day and night weather change system in the battlefield.
The above suggestions are about single mode

I have some suggestions:
1 I suggest adding construction elements. Players can design their own style of the city wall, build various fortifications for the occupied city wall, and determine the location of the fortifications themselves.

2 Add the street battle function, and players can build houses in the castle. Traps and trenches. Players can deploy their troops to the roof of the house and dug trenches in advance before the start of the garrison war. After the enemy occupies the city wall, they will fight with the players in the street. The troops deployed in advance in the trenches will charge the enemy when the enemy lacks defense, the archers on the house will also attack the enemy, and the enemy will attack the archers through the ladder.

3 Players can build positions, such as bunkers and trenches, before field and siege battles. Players can also build a headquarters with guards. Players can use binoculars to inspect the battlefield and command the troops at the headquarters. The enemy may attack the headquarters secretly.
4. The spark of sword collision in the battle is too small, and there is no dynamic blur effect in the battle. I hope to increase the spark of sword collision and dynamic blur effect.
5 Add kill slow lens effect. Players can choose to turn it off or on.
6 Add the "bullet time" effect similar to "Sniper Elite 4". When the player's troops use the crossbow to attack the city, the bullet time will appear automatically. The player can see the effect of the crossbow hitting the enemy. The player can choose to turn off or turn on this effect
7 Add the command of bow and arrow volley
8 Add the flame lighting function of bow and arrow.
9. Improve the charge effect of cavalry charge on infantry. The cavalry can knock the infantry away, but the effect is not obvious now.
Add more role-playing games for urban interaction, such as farming, real estate sales, court decisions and other functions, and there are too few urban interactions now.
11 Increase the bloody effect, such as beheading. Players can choose to turn this effect off or on
12 Add the day and night weather change system in the battlefield.
The above suggestions are about single mode
Cheers mate...

1. How about feasts, own hideouts of safehouse, play as bandit leader in bandit faction with a flag and may called upon by lords to support them in wars for exchange of ignoring banditary. Just an idea, unimportant but not impossible?
2. Proper Jousting tournament and arena?
3. Leather/normal belt for swords on back and sword on waist, similar to some of the pc games, so that the sword won't be hanging in air, without support.
4. Some rework on armors and cloths please.
5. Level 3 wall in battania is very bad. the keep looks aweful and there is no beds.
6. Please rework on Aserai, Sturgia, Vlandia, Khuzait and Battania castles. The design is same in their faction for their all castles.
7. Play as soldier in the army and ability to buy house in the lords' land and upgrade house, similarly to the city and castle.
8. Bounty on head and some Lords and bounty hunters always ambushing.
9. Dismember, Maimed and permanent scars.
10. Temporary camping.

Sounds too much; however, not impossible. Take time, keep trying.

Thank you,

Hi - real pet hate of mine.... my parties that I have set to "defensive" and released from my army in a specific region (assuming they would effectively defend/patrol in that area) seem to constantly want to join other armies and wander off..... really annoying. Would love an option to prevent my parties from joining other armies and have them stay roughly in the area I leave them if they are set to defensive.
Cheers

Bring back the "go to town" order for lords so we can defend settlement like in Warband.

AI parties/Armies doesn't defend in siege with high priority also with the party priority on defend or balanced. They seems to be very easily attracted from small party passing near and get away from the siege zone.

Back
Top Bottom