SP Top Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I would advise next time opening the suggestion threads in the Suggestions board, otherwise it is not really fair to compare the amount of views and replies of threads in the correct subboard and ones in the main board The Citadel.

I will move your thread to Suggestions board if you wanted to make a suggestion and not just collect feedback and discuss with other players.

• NPCs having a personality (with working perks and such)
  • More dialogue options and lore
  • Clan and lord rivalries
  • No save-scumming marriages, but multi layer quests
  • Random encounters on the map and in towns
  • More interaction with the clan members, maybe even they giving you some quests
  • Nemesis system based on relationship with the lord (he will hunt you down and take revenge no matter what and even execute when relation is minus 100 or smth or kidnap your relatives)
  • Lord rebellions and forming of breakaway kingdoms
  • Peace time activities (bounty hunting, feasts, building your own fort or castle)
  • More diplomacy (trade, access rights to territory, alliances)
  • More differences between Imperial kingdoms
  • More meaningful bandits, like real crime lords with real multi layer hideouts that represent a challenge not just goofy 20-30 looters all over the place
  • Injuries and diseases
  • Some late game Cataclysm like foreign invasion

Hi.

Is this post qualified for making the list even though it was posted on the wrong section? 45 replies and 1k views.

Hi, it would be if it was posted in the Suggestions subforum and got the views and replies whilw being there.
The Citadel is the most active and general forum, thus can not be compared with other boards in replies/views.
Other than that, Dejan already responded to your thread, so it already got the neccessary attention.

I had a conversation with @Duh_TaleWorlds in another thread, where I pointed to at least one thread from this list that, judging from his answer, devs had not noticed. I now wonder how aware developers are of this list? The threads listed in the OP do a great job at summing up what needs to be addressed in the game, and it would be a shame if this is not reaching who it needs to reach. Is this getting to the point where it is too big of a list to be managed, or is there something else going on?

I know exactly what you a reffering to @eddiemccandless , the thread that already got an official "forwarded to developers" line in june 2020, then added to top activity SP suggestions by myself in october 2020 (once it reached the thresholds), now in march 2021 is somehow being forwarded to developers once more.

What my guess is, is that some developers just don't check the suggestions that aren't dealing directly with what their job usually is (nor they need to), so they find out later than their peers that do deal with that particular subject and say they will forward it to them, but their peers likely already know about them (but isn't a priority at that moment), and perhaps additionally , often times very quality threads just get created in the wrong time for that subject it's dealing with, and the devs need to be reminded from time to time, to revisit it, once they deal with the critical issues or priority stuff from their internal checklist, so they don't forget about it, as in some cases months can pass until the priorities get straightened.

These suggestion lists are community made and not official, and i am absolutely positive that developers know about it and read it.

More so, recently there was some word of hope that perhaps we might get an official version of it, if an internal agreement is reached.
Part of my day-to-day activities is gathering suggestions from the designated areas and relaying them to the developers during dedicated suggestion meetings. There is currently no official thread listing suggestions that have been rejected or approved but I'll bring up the idea internally.

Thank you both! I realize that managing all suggestions is no easy task, an official list of suggestion marked as rejected/accepted as the one that you mention would be a great way to go about making the community feel heard I think.

1. Diplomacy-
I've noticed that there's not much meat in the way of diplomacy other than political marriages that don't actually carry weight and war. If you added in Alliances, Trade Agreements, Political Marriages and maybe the option of creating Vessel kingdoms this would immerse the player in another aspect of management.
2. Roads and map sites other than towns or cities-
The empire is a carbon copy of the Romans save one small detail, it lacks a breathing infrastructure. Adding a few roads connecting all the imperial towns and adding some forests to explore would also add an immersive experience that could still mesh nicely with the game. Maybe a nice royal hunt mission in a wood near the Kings estate. Some ruins held by bandits that need patrolled every few days lest they become over run with brigands and used as bases to stage road raids.
3. Expand the roguery aspect-
The dark ages were rife with scandal and intrigue, the castles and halls are bare, adding a court aspect that needs to be managed such as hearing Subjects problems or passing judgement in land disputes between farmers would be fun. With Court always comes opportunity and intrigue, as the castles are bare the opportunity to over hear secrets about lovers or plots is lost. Let alone the opportunity to profit from an enemy's secret be it blackmail or betrayal.
4. Expand on the Senate and Lords Council-
Having positions to make appointments that would impact relations with the clans would be nice, also allowing us to delegate tasks such as security and patrols would be nice.

There needs to be more diplomacy options and ways to change city/etc "laws". For example, the quests that make you bring "illegal" materials to another city for someone. Another merchant interrupts you to tell it's illegal. What if we had the control over whether or not it is? Stuff like that would be cool to have, too.

suggestion:
please change the current "inventory" menu with something like "clan inventory", and let us equip our companions even when they have there own party, to avoid having an endgame companion wearing rags from a looter. by the way big thanks for letting us play this game in it´s early stages! I love to see the improvement first hand and beeing a part in it´s development!

I have several suggestions, concerning 1.6:
1 - CRAFTING: after crafting one item all chosen parts should NOT go back do default ones. Sometimes we make a lot of the same (usually cheap in materials, but giving lot of XP) weapons. And constant re-selecting parts is annoying
2 - CRAFTING: option to SAVE certain set of parts as a player-made template, which would eliminate the need of re-selecting all parts everytime we enter smithy
3 - MAIN QUEST: time limit should be optional (some players like it some want to play w/o a time-stress)
4 - TIME: maybe it would be better to make an in-game year last for 365 days? Seasons of the year would be longer but it would be more intuitive when looking on save 'days'.
5 - TIME: It would be nice if in the world map, there would be displayed number of days passed since the start.
6 - PERFORMANCE: in 1.5.8 fps was cool, after 1.5.9 it was horrific. In 1.5.10 and 1.6.0 - is better but still :/

Last edited:
Thread title: Titles
Category: Player, NPCs & Troops
Why should it be featured in this thread: Because in my proposal I have detailed all the titles of nobility, and the titles will increase the immersion in the game
Brief summary: Titles are an important part of medieval social life, as they show the dignity of a ruler. It is the title that shows at what level of the hierarchical ladder you are.

Thread title: Marriage and inheritance.
Why should it be featured in this thread: In my proposal, I gave an example of marriage traditions and systems of inheritance, and marriage and inheritance of fiefs are an important part of the Middle Ages, and, therefore, of the game.
Brief summary: Marriage plays an important role in people's lives, so different marriage traditions will increase the content of the game. Feud management and inheritance is an important part of medieval society, so the inheritance system is an important element of the game.

Thread title: Campaign map
Category: World Map
Why should it be featured in this thread: because this is a great suggestion for increasing the number of factions
Brief summary: mong the faction I would like to see various steppe tribes, except for the Kuzaites (these are the Nachagans, Arkits, Kergits, Karakergits), various desert tribes, except for the Aserais and the island state.

Thread title: Religion
Why should it be featured in this thread: Because in my proposal I came up with interesting religious mechanics.
Brief summary: Religion is an important part of people's lives, and in the Middle Ages it played an important role, so it's worth adding it to the game

Last edited:
Are any of these suggestions going to be implemented anytime soon or planned, or are these suggestions based on ideas?
I can not say that with certainty (only developers know that), we are just trying to keep most of the suggestions on the popular subjects in one place in order for developers to have easier time tracking them.
What i can say is that some of them have indeed been implemented (those that have the "implemented" green text in the end) and that many micro-suggestions and QoL that aren't on this list are aso implemented (most notably those from the UI subboard)

I can not say that with certainty (only developers know that), we are just trying to keep most of the suggestions on the popular subjects in one place in order for developers to have easier time tracking them.
What i can say is that some of them have indeed been implemented (those that have the "implemented" green text in the end) and that many micro-suggestions and QoL that aren't on this list are aso implemented (most notably those from the UI subboard)
Ohh ok gotcha (y)

Back
Top Bottom