SP Top Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

If I can make a suggestion on this compilation list, it would be to make sure major topics are represented with links to 2 or 3 threads if they exist, regardless if they reach the current minimum activity criteria. For an example the topics, politics and diplomacy, do not appear once in this compilation list despite the fact that a simple query on the terms “politics” or “diplomacy” brings up a lot of results and is something people are clearly looking for. There is also minimal reference to dynasty mechanics, with only one link to thread asking if the dynasty system was going to make it into EA and contributors to that thread eventually devolving into a discussion about what game engine is being used… As I read through the threads Dynasty mechanics seems to be a primary desire for many of us here and it doesn’t seem to really be represent well at all in this compilation thread so that is a bit worrisome.

Here is a list of major topics that I noticed that are missing or under-represented in this compilation list:

• Politics
  • Dynasty System, Succession
  • Diplomacy
  • Unique wars – Rebellions, Coups, Invasions
The first 3 at least should be considered major topics because they are core mechanics of the game that currently seem extremely bare-bones and empty.

Please understand this isn't harsh criticism of you guys, I can't imagine how hard it is to manage all of this feedback, this is just a suggestion that I believe would be helpful.
There are lot of really good suggestions and discussions for those but they don't meet a certain bull**** criteria apparently.

Here is a list of major topics that I noticed that are missing or under-represented in this compilation list:

• Politics
  • Diplomacy
They are mostly under "Player, NPCs & Troops" but agreed.

If I can make a suggestion on this compilation list, it would be to make sure major topics are represented with links to 2 or 3 threads if they exist, regardless if they reach the current minimum activity criteria. For an example the topics, politics and diplomacy, do not appear once in this compilation list despite the fact that a simple query on the terms “politics” or “diplomacy” brings up a lot of results and is something people are clearly looking for. There is also minimal reference to dynasty mechanics, with only one link to thread asking if the dynasty system was going to make it into EA and contributors to that thread eventually devolving into a discussion about what game engine is being used… As I read through the threads Dynasty mechanics seems to be a primary desire for many of us here and it doesn’t seem to really be represent well at all in this compilation thread so that is a bit worrisome.

• Politics
  • Diplomacy
The first 3 at least should be considered major topics because they are core mechanics of the game that currently seem extremely bare-bones and empty.

Please understand this isn't harsh criticism of you guys, I can't imagine how hard it is to manage all of this feedback, this is just a suggestion that I believe would be helpful.

THIS!
We all want to see both the game and the discussions improving and try to understand what is going within development, which is made harder without a roadmap, yet we also feel that communication is somewhat lacking, even though there is clear effort from the side of the company.

@Count Delinard
I believe one of these issues might be due to the current format of using a forum to discuss feedback and suggestions, which I have extensively advocated to several gaming companies in their feedback forums(ironically) that it is not the most appropriate format for creativity and to acquire truly valuable feedback, as good ideas and pertinent suggestion might be buried due to lack of activity, visibility or just by the sheer volume of threads being made every day.

People will generally miss other similar threads and create new threads of their own on the same major topic splitting discussion to several places and instead of growing a discussion, they diminish it, while a minor topic that suddenly blows over due to being the only thread on it might seem as if it was something HUGE.

I would sincerely advise for a complete swap, only for the feedback section, possibly gradually as doing it too suddenly would be bad as well, from the current Forum format to a format more similar to the "Kialo" website "tree-format".

By creating a different format where several major, medium and minor topics can be created, within those other smaller topics and suggestions may be added and each topic could be given pros and cons or have annexed threads like the ones we currently use for the forum for more detailed and in depth explanations and images, it will be more organized, harder for people to repeat one another while easier to improve on each other's suggestions while it will also be easier for TW to visualize the content and filter out that which is disconnected moving elsewhere.

Besides, there is a differentiation between making a new topic, pro or con to making a comment within an existing one, which also helps even more with the organization.

I'm not saying to use the Kialo website, but to take inspiration from its format to remake at least a section of the feedback forum here in the TaleWorlds.com website to allow for a more constructive, organized and effective format for creative development, cooperation and information visualization.

This is an example discussion I created on Kialo just to demonstrate what I mean with its format, that as I mention in the example itself, would also need to be adapted to allow multiple layers of topics within topics.

The forum doesn't have to be extinguished, but would work in parallel to this new format.
PS: There is no need to sign up or login to view the example. When you open the link, just click here:
click-here.png

Last edited:
3 Suggestions and a More Fun 200x Game! IMPLEMENT THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  1. Allow to transform your companions into noble vassals of your kingdom, giving them their own clan and fiefs (And with that add a range of interactions with them, like banqueting, summon them to defend or attack a kingdom and more);
  2. - Allow to send soldiers to my vassals;
  3. - Allow me to select my main house to receive all kings seeking peace, alliance and much more.

IMPLEMENT THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

@Count Delinard

When @Brandon suggested my Marriageable Freedom, Romancing, Courtship, and Family thread a while back, I don't think it met the activity standards you are looking for, but it now has over 450 votes in the poll (over 80 voters), over 90 comments, and over 2k views. Not all the ideas in it have strong backing, but most of them do. As many people are hoping for more in marriage and courtship content in a game that touted posterity and inheritance being a major gameplay factor, I am hoping the Devs see my and other players' posts on this topic. Brandon has an amazing list on page 3 that I really think needs more attention. If possible, please go back and view that list to see if others' posts have increased in activity enough to meet your standards.

Last edited:
What is the difference between rusty equipment and the normal one ? Because I`ve got splintered bows with the exact same stats as normal ones, rusty thamskene spatha with the same stats as the normal one, so on...

What is the difference between rusty equipment and the normal one ? Because I`ve got splintered bows with the exact same stats as normal ones, rusty thamskene spatha with the same stats as the normal one, so on...
Traditionally, the prefixes give % modifiers to the stats of a weapon, but I'm guessing that the prefixes are in but those % modifiers might not be.

Traditionally, the prefixes give % modifiers to the stats of a weapon, but I'm guessing that the prefixes are in but those % modifiers might not be.
they`re not, there`s absolutely no reason to upgrade from a rusty piece of equipment to a normal version of it. It doesn`t look different in battle, has the same stats, the normal one is way more expensive so it`s actually, as things are, counterproductive to get it when you have it`s rusty counterpart

Respectfully, I understand there is a requirement of activity however these really are some detailed presentations and generous efforts from @darksoulshin. In my opinion these threads push quiet hard and far thus farther discussions might be difficult, which would results in very low activity. I must argue exposure isn't matter at least in this kind of threads.

ECONOMY , LOGISTICS and WARFARE SUGGESTION LIST(which contains the 3 threads below):
DURABILITY, DEGRADATION AND MAINTENACE SYSTEM,SMITHING SKILL AND PRICE BALANCE
ECONOMIC,PRODUCTION,SOCIAL STABILITY THREAD
LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY LINES THREAD

We are going to be changing the methodology for how threads are added to the OP, as well as bringing someone onboard to help keep this up to date, stay tuned! :smile:

? Community announcement ?

@Piconi and @GG Cannon will now have a new special role, we call it "Community Notable". They will not be performing moderator duties, but they will be in charge of moving, merging and editing threads in the feedback board to make sure they are the best they can be and that great ideas reach the Developers more easily :smile:

We will also be making changes to this thread, it'll now feature different criteria to get threads into the OP, it will all be managed by @GG Cannon and @Piconi

We hope this will make things better for everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
? Announcement ?

We will be splitting the Top Feedbacks into two separate lists.
Top Activity will feature threads that reach 30+ organic non-spam replies and 500 views OR 50+ voters on that thread's poll.
Top Curated will feature threads chosen either by the community notables or the moderation team.

You can now formally suggest threads or request a review by leaving a reply in this thread using the template below:

• Thread title: <Linked title>
  • Category:
  • Why should it be featured in this thread:
  • Brief summary (maximum 100 words):
  • Does it meet Top Activity criteria?

• title : [Suggesion] the game is base on tier system (clans, troops, armors...) why not the player?
  • category : 1.c Player, NPCs & Troops
  • Why should it be featured in this thread: the tier system is implemented everywhere in bannerlord but this new system is only half implemented wich is really disappointed to me
  • Brief summary (maximum 100 words): i love this new tier system but i just don't understand why they didn't apply it to the players and the troops. troops right now are just mixing some low tier armors weapon with higher tier armors without any model. for example the Sturgian archer tier 4 is wearing an armor tier 5 but the same archer tier 5 is wearing an armor tier 4 and a bow tier 3. with this system, the lvl of the player and the troops would determine the stuff they will cary.
  • Does it meet Top Activity criteria? : not yet, but i hope it will be true soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom