SP mechanics that make no sense

Users who are viewing this thread

lockefeer

Sergeant at Arms
1. Nobles & lords spawning in the front line in sieges and pushing siege equipment.
At this point I don't even care how bad the siege AI is, but this is the cherry on top. There is no logical explanation to why lords should be in the front line and use siege equipment whatsoever. They should be in the back, safe, unless the army leader explicitly tells them to push. This mechanics leads to many unnecessary noble deaths when death is on ( this is another poorly implemented mechanics that I'll explain).

2. Battle deaths only happen in battles the player took part in.
If the player doesn't participate in a battle, then the RNG death does not happen. This leads to deaths that only occur between the player's family/kingdom and their enemy. No lord has a chance to die in war except the ones that fought with or against the player. This mechanics make absolutely no sense and in my opinion should definitely be tweaked.

3. Raiding villages
Every noble will raid villages if they get the chance. No personality at all. The game doesn't consider the relation between the raider and the village owner. Your friend with 2 Honor and 2 Mercy will raid your village and kill your villagers without blinking an eye. You will execute 10 lords for raiding a single village, yet they will keep raiding that same exact village on an on. Nobody cares about consequences. Really shallow stuff.

4. Sending companions to missions

Consider "____ villagers cannot access ____ commons" quest. This quest usually takes 30-60 seconds to complete. You ride to the next village and get a dialogue option and that's it. When you send one of your companions to do it however, it takes around 25 in-game days. Why ?

There is much to add to this, probably mentioned in many posts regarding singleplayer feedback. I just wanted to share some of that stuff that mildly infuriated me as of lately.

Wholeheartedly agree with 1 and 2. #3 is actually supposed to be fixed with the next patch, so they shouldnt be griefing villages as much. As to #4, I have personally never sent a companion on a quest so I guess I never thought about it lol

These are all very good points, equally frustrated on all. I think (4) is just a balance mechanic; if your companions can complete such quests quickly you would likely take every single quest you come across and farm large amounts of reputation and loot. With current mechanic, you are strongly discouraged from using companions (I don't want to lose companions for a month for one silly quest), so you either do it yourself or skip it. I think changing it to like three days would be a good compromise.

I may add
#5: fencing goods mission - you are ALWAYS confronted by a merchant to give the items back at discount for relationship boost. So basically, this mission is a 'pay about 300-500 gold for +4 relationship with merchant notables' - a waste of dialogue and loading time. If we had a chance based on our roguery to get caught by the city guards explaining what we are doing with stolen goods (risk of seizing/bribe/combat) I could understand, but auto-dilemma is quite a waste.
#6: getting governor perks as clan leader without being able to be governor. While sitting in our fief, our character should supersede the actual governor and give his own boni with the governor helping out in aspects we do not know and buffing stats we already have (perk boosted by 25% or 50%, if governor has the same). Heck , in the charm tree there is the asine option to pick between two governor only perks - as PC, thank you!

Regarding companions on missions: what is the purpose of having them, if you are penalized out of 'balancing reasons' outright so that doing it yourself is always the better option?

4. Sending companions to missions
Consider "____ villagers cannot access ____ commons" quest. This quest usually takes 30-60 seconds to complete. You ride to the next village and get a dialogue option and that's it. When you send one of your companions to do it however, it takes around 25 in-game days. Why ?
What's even dumber than this is how the requirements for sending companions scale as you level and you'll eventually get to the point where no one can do it. :facepalm:

Inn and Out quest is terrible too. I don't know if my charm stats affect the quest or not but it's just basically cheesy as ****. Basically take the quest, go talk to the game host, say you'll pay for it and earn 1500 denars without any effort. Plus I'm not going to play that game like no way, no thanks.

1. I am more annoyed that you cannot really control were your guys are, they can randomly be in group. "Why is my Archer companion among the infantry?". Or ofc going into a seige and you loose your husband/wife.
2.Eyupp, I heard someone mention that the auto-resolve has a EXTREME minimal chance for it to happen. But after Centuries ingame (all saves together) now, I have never seen it.
3. I am more concerned on how damn long time it takes to raid a villiage, I am astounded that they NPCs even manage it, since when I do it, there is always someone coming to interupt that often has a more dangerous army then me. I wanted to make a small Raiding Warband, but no, killing villiages was easy, then even with perks for faster raiding... nope.
What's even dumber than this is how the requirements for sending companions scale as you level and you'll eventually get to the point where no one can do it. :facepalm:
Specially when they start demanding like 150 tactics+150onehand+150twohand etc! "but I just did this quest" the scaling is very off. Or how about "you want HOW many draft animals?!??!" yes, 76 of them...

1. I am more annoyed that you cannot really control were your guys are, they can randomly be in group. "Why is my Archer companion among the infantry?". Or ofc going into a seige and you loose your husband/wife.
1. you can switch which formations your companions, and other troops for that matter, are attached to in the party screen. You'll see a small banner with a roman numeral on it to the center top right I believe.

I do not know what to think about those "help X, annoy Y type of missions" like 'overpriced goods', 'herding grounds', 'rival gang' or 'cannot sell goods at'. Currently I want to build up relationship with notables, not destroy them. Any thought on those? Has anybody experience with them?

I want 37 ****ing cows
nope it takes over 150 trade to buy 37cows..... or You with your 2 trade I guess
What do you mean why do I need 37 as draught animals for my crappy village with like 30 grain?
Of course I can't mix and match mules and sumpter horses wit the 37 Cows
Yes I know that 37 cows is about 2 years worth of the tax the village pays you not to mention the 12 plus days it will take you to gather 40 cows
Don't you want me to like you?
You wouldn't want me to lose power and get lost would you?
I'll pay you in so much meat it'll tank you speed to 2 and match your trade!
What do you mean how do I get that much meat from the grain farm, it's from the cows you're brining me
How would I know what draught animals are for... do YOU know what draught animals are? Nobody does!
What's a Google, like a Googled Helmet?

If you make it back here before I get lost I'm gonna need 57 tools!

Wait..scaling also applies to parties, not only to missions right? That is why you encounter 5-10 looters in early game and 50+ later. This also means, that your caravans staying at 30 men will eventually be destroyed by random looters just overwhelming them, right? This is a feature, that has to go or at least has to be looked over seriously. 40+ Steppe bandits sound like fun if you earn money with caravans as merchant (no teleporting captured persons back to fief for you but running across Calradia for getting them back.
Whats next? Having to battle 100 thugs in the 'rival gang' quest?

I think requirements and demands should somewhat relate to the direness of the situation and size of the faction demanding it. A small village might ask for 20 bushels of grain while a big village might ask for 50 - reasonable. But upscaling towards no perceived end seems wrong. And the way the game treats your companions seems plain wrong. They are overpriced soldiers if you exempt the engineer and medic ones, that can do something you most likely never manage to level.

7. The leveling system is absurd, there's no way to ever really become proficient, especially with the mecanism that slow your learning rate dramatically in every skills if you level one skill. If at least the heir system was making the heir inherit the stats of the parents, we could focus on building a strong dynasty with constant and real improvements each generations !

1. you can switch which formations your companions, and other troops for that matter, are attached to in the party screen. You'll see a small banner with a roman numeral on it to the center top right I believe.
But the assignments you make don't carry over when they are pulled in to a larger army. I have tried slotting my dismounted companions as Horse Archers (IV) just so I can command them in big battles-- doesn't work. I can control them as "4" with just my warband, but when I go into a larger army and command horse archers they are not there. Walking around the battle I see they are randomly grouped, some as archers some as infantry probably determined by their strongest skills. Makes it tougher to keep them alive (easy if they really are horse archers on horses).

Should just have a numeral you can assign (e.g. VII) that is locked for companions that you can command in every battle regardless of who is in charge of the Army... basically your personal guard.

I wonder, what these captain perks are for. How to assign a captain at all?!
Go to the party screen and select a companion. On the right, next to their portrait, there is a Latin number. When you assign it for a companion he becomes the captain for that group (the first in the list, from top to bottom, if you put more than one in the same).

Should just have a numeral you can assign (e.g. VII) that is locked for companions that you can command in every battle regardless of who is in charge of the Army... basically your personal guard.

That is an interesting take. I would want this only for battles you are not the commander.

Yeah we had a discussion on another thread (which I can't find) about having a baggage train option for companions so you get their benefits in party but don't have to watch them charge to their deaths in armies
Go to the party screen and select a companion. On the right, next to their portrait, there is a Latin number. When you assign it for a companion he becomes the captain for that group (the first in the list, from top to bottom, if you put more than one in the same).
I don't think that necessarily makes them the captain just puts them in that formation (you can assign multiple companions to archer for example). To be a captain I think they need to be leading a party in your army.

Back
Top Bottom