Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

JPA32

Recruit
Unfortunately I don't know what the names of the maps are, but in and around the Danustica region, when you engage a battle with atleast 300-400 troops and receive this map, you spawn with a large mountain flanking your left side, and in smaller battle conditions this probably doesn't come into play, but when you get more infantry it'll push your Cavalry spawn to be on top of the mountain, and the only way down for them is jumping to their death. The spawn probably needs to be moved up a tad so that this doesn't happen.

I also had this issue and lost 20+ cav units. All of them were wounded and I still won the battle, but it's still frustrating. I been experiencing this issue for multiple updates.

Hi,
Also posted in the "formation spawn" thread: any kind of "canyon" map will have cavalry and horse archers spawn on the slope of the side cliffs, instantly wounding/disabling up to 35 / 40 % of them and dismounting many of the survivors.
Maybe (simple suggestion ^^) have the armies spawn in "column" along the center line of the canyon instead of "wide line" perpendicular to it?
Cheers

That would indeed be one of the simpler fixes. Also they could designate the cliffs as proper no-go-areas and forbid spawning there.

Hi,
Also posted in the "formation spawn" thread: any kind of "canyon" map will have cavalry and horse archers spawn on the slope of the side cliffs, instantly wounding/disabling up to 35 / 40 % of them and dismounting many of the survivors.
Maybe (simple suggestion ^^) have the armies spawn in "column" along the center line of the canyon instead of "wide line" perpendicular to it?
Cheers
This is how it would be in real life. No one goes into a canyon in a perpendicular line, they go in a column.

This happens to me too, on a "desert"- style - canyon map. The horse archers are spawned on top of the cliff to the left of the player and drop of the cliff to be wounded or dieing instantly or when having them move from their position. I've seen in happen (in a lesser degree) in a "normal" -style canyon map as well. Maybe this is due to the fact that the desert canyon as steeper inclines versus the normal canyon, or that I was leading a large army at the time, I do not know, but I agree what is stated above: they shouldn't be spawning on a cliff at all, but all on "accessible" terrain. I have checked the bug fixes of the update that came online yesterday: this was unfortunatley not in one of the fixes.

This happens less often to me now, I think it is because they have added more maps to each binome, so the chance for canyon maps decreased. Whenever I get a canyon map I retreat before my troops have a chance to kill themselves, and then usually when another map is generated it is an open map. Also I remember one instance where I had a canyon map and my horseman spawned in my footmen instead on the sides, so maybe they changed something in the troop placement.

This happens less often to me now, I think it is because they have added more maps to each binome, so the chance for canyon maps decreased. Whenever I get a canyon map I retreat before my troops have a chance to kill themselves, and then usually when another map is generated it is an open map. Also I remember one instance where I had a canyon map and my horseman spawned in my footmen instead on the sides, so maybe they changed something in the troop placement.
True, in the latest patch from 2 days ago it was mentioned in the release notes that 26 new battlemaps were added. However, retreating and reentering the battle in the hope for a new kind of map is not really fixing it, it is avoiding it :smile:. The part you mention about horsemen spawning among the footmen I have not yet encountered, but I have not played much yet with the latest patch installed.

True, in the latest patch from 2 days ago it was mentioned in the release notes that 26 new battlemaps were added. However, retreating and reentering the battle in the hope for a new kind of map is not really fixing it, it is avoiding it :smile:. The part you mention about horsemen spawning among the footmen I have not yet encountered, but I have not played much yet with the latest patch installed.

True. Yeah it only happened once to me as well. But since the game doesn't punish you for retreating and re-entering, this is what you can do if you don't want to lose your cavalry to gravity.

Back
Top Bottom