Code:
 ("ohyeah", sf_vol_9|sf_priority_9, ["ohyeah.ogg"]),
 ("mmm", sf_vol_9|sf_priority_9, ["mmm.ogg"]),
 ("woo", sf_vol_9|sf_priority_9, ["woo.ogg"]),
 ("sigh", sf_vol_9|sf_priority_9, ["sigh.ogg"]),
 ("workit", sf_vol_9|sf_priority_9, ["workit.ogg"]),
and this:
Code:
(add_xp_as_reward, 1000),(play_sound, "snd_ohyeah", "snd_workit")
for example.  Right now, the sounds play simultaneously, as they do with an individual play_sound call assigned to each ID. 

The question is, are there options (or some savvy script that I'm not capable of creating) that would allow playing sounds in succession within the same tuple, or, whether two separate "play_track" calls would allow the clips to play in succession within the same tuple.  I read somewhere that the "music track" would play until file end.

Also, I can't find any reference to "mtf_sit_" in module_dialogs, so would this even work in there?

I could always edit the clips and add more sound files for the three or four combinations, but I'd rather do it with code.

First give me the links for the sounds. :wink:

Anyways, I think, underline it, think you can do it like this:

Code:
(add_xp_as_reward, 1000),
(play_sound, "snd_ohyeah"),
(play_sound, "snd_workit"),

That will play both sounds at once.

What you probably need to do is to make a trigger to handle timing, or you can just make multiple sound variations- when play_sound runs, it picks one of the 32 possible sounds that you can attach to a given sound entry, so you can have a decent amount of variety even with just one entry.

Archevious said:
First give me the links for the sounds.
http://soundbible.com/  There you go.  I'm not very familiar with that place, it was one of the first links in a search for sounds.  It is free, so don't expect topshelf stuff.  Also, the formats are mp3 and wav.

xenoargh said:
What you probably need to do is to make a trigger to handle timing, or you can just make multiple sound variations- when play_sound runs, it picks one of the 32 possible sounds that you can attach to a given sound entry, so you can have a decent amount of variety even with just one entry.
Triggers.  I'm afraid of those!, since this is only my fourth day of dealing with both python and the module system.  Anyway, thanks much for the pointer.

Edit: Erm, additional, merged sound clips it is!

Back
Top Bottom