Soundproofing

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything soft will absorb sound waves, I'd suggest you go down to thrift stores or salvation army stores and try to find some large pieces of soft and thick fabric you can hand in front of the walls. It's not going to be as good as the industrial or commercial sound proofing materials but it does go a fair way toward the aim of sound proofing your room.

Cloth with egg cartons on the wall, and grab a few of those bean bag style door snakes to run around the edges of the door. Alternatively you just increase the volume until it deafens everyone in a mile radius.

Moss said:
Alternatively you just increase the volume until it deafens everyone in a mile radius.

I think that might have the unintended side effect of turning the flesh of anyone inside 50 meters of the source into hamburger of the fly off the bone variety.

Moss said:
Cloth with egg cartons on the wall, and grab a few of those bean bag style door snakes to run around the edges of the door. Alternatively you just increase the volume until it deafens everyone in a mile radius.

This first. You can have the worlds best soundproofing on your wall but if you have a gap its purely useless. Soundproofing on your walls will also have the sideffect of altering the acoustical properties of your room aswell. could be handy for you depending on what you want to do. As a general rule though, soundproof the weakest link first. Gaps, then probably glass panes, then doors, then walls. Maybe look online for some acoustical tables to get an idea of what does what.

Lyze said:
Or if either of you are making too much noise, use a gag.
This shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did  :lol:.

On-topic, so just make sure any cracks in my door and windows are sealed then put anything large and soft up on the walls.

I'm against soundproofing. Not only am I able to annoy the **** out of my neighbours, I can also hear them fighting.

Once, I heard my neighbours throw stuff around, as the woman screamed for the man to **** off and out of her life. Quite an uplifting experience, for some reason.

Obviously. Just keep that in mind, if you ever get into an argument with me. I have a thing for arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom