In Progress Sound loss during battle PS5

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number

Claude74

Recruit
Summary: During a battle and after my character has gone down, the game Audio is muted for the rest of the game session. Only quitting and restarting fixes it until the next battle. The occasions it has happened are when the battle info is up and the battle speed is increased. It doesn’t happen immediately but after a few seconds. There is a high pitch sound before the audio cuts out. This is since the new update I downloaded on 2/3/2023. It only seems to be in battle and after my character falls. Update, this is definitely only happening after my character is down and the speed is increased whilst looking at the battle progress info.
How to Reproduce: As above
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related): Battles, after death/fall, during battle info screen as battle continues
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Last edited:
How about your console sound output settings?
Are you using a wireless headset? Linear PCM(5.1/7.1), Bitstream(Dolby), or Bitstream(DTS)?

There is a potential temporary solution, I can't ensure its dependability, but I did see some discussion on Avsforum that said setting your audio format to bitstream might reduce the issue.
It only works for some specific scenes.

Are you using a wireless headset? Linear PCM(5.1/7.1), Bitstream(Dolby), or Bitstream(DTS)?

There is a potential temporary solution, I can't ensure its dependability, but I did see some discussion on Avsforum that said setting your audio format to bitstream might reduce the issue.
I use linear. I changed into Bitstream dts and hope that fixes it temporarily until it gets patched. Will let you know if I still have issues.

Thanks Shiroin, I’ll give it a try. I’m just using the TV’s speakers.

It is probably game related rather than hardware. Especially on PS4.
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom