B Musket Era Sound and Smoke FX Mod v3.0 up!

Users who are viewing this thread

solecist said:
will be releasing a version for the new wfas patch replacing all the new sounds (because they're still pretty bad), and altering some of the new particles (like bullet hits).

Sounds are fine. Saying they are bad to promote your mod, now that is bad.

ArkadiuszB said:
solecist said:
will be releasing a version for the new wfas patch replacing all the new sounds (because they're still pretty bad), and altering some of the new particles (like bullet hits).

Actually no he means to say they will be even better ones that make his old ones sound bad xDDDD

ArkadiuszB said:
solecist said:

Well, if it is his opinion that he can do better than the patch 1.41 sounds, he is entitled to it. I wouldn't imagine he would be continuing if he felt he couldn't do better, do you? Still, I personally like the new sounds and bullet impact effects, and a lot of other people have mentioned that they do as well, so I can't imagine too many people bothering with a sound and effects mod. Who knows though, there are sound mods for M&B and Warband which I can't stand using in place of the Native ones, yet some mods include them and many players prefer them.

it is my opinion that the new sounds are bad, yes. sorry you don't agree; you don't have to download the mod. i believe that they are tinny and cut off awkwardly. i love that they added sounds for distance, though. this was something i reaaally wanted.

the next version will simply take what the devs have done with the effects and expand them. the smoke will last longer, as before. they also added a pan flash/smoke effect that i will modify because right now it doesn't look particularly realistic. the bullet hits will only be modified slightly for realism -- i don't think the new effects are bad, and, as i mentioned, they seem very similar to mine aside from the lifetime of the particles being set much lower.

solecist said:
it is my opinion that the new sounds are bad, yes. sorry you don't agree; you don't have to download the mod. i believe that they are tinny and cut off awkwardly.

i fully agree, they (in game sounds) sound nothing like any kind of gun past or present. i know there is more hissing in blackpowder rifles and muskets but there is like no "boom" and no reverb in the game. ive heard replica firearms and they go boom. and ironically in the beginning of firearm tech it was the boom not the bullet that had the most effect on the battlefield.
good job solecist

Ill check if the particle effect is still working for the latest patch, though Im not sure if I like the new, native one more. Ill test it anyway.

has someone tested this with the new patch?

Just did a clean F&S install to test the new sounds, and their even worse then the old ones  :mrgreen:
Sounds like my guy is using a silencer

Back
Top Bottom