B Musket Era Sound and Smoke FX Mod v3.0 up!

Users who are viewing this thread

just the sounds would be pretty easy...find the current musket sounds in that mod and replace them with the ones from my mod :smile:

Thank you very much for this mod. It has enhanced my gaming experience no end. I especially like the crack and whizz of bullets flying close to my head  :grin:

solecist said:
just the sounds would be pretty easy...find the current musket sounds in that mod and replace them with the ones from my mod :smile:

okay I tried that but for some reason, the firing sound does not shuffle, so I kept hearing the same sound file over and over again :???:

This mod is a must have, the original sounds and smoke are so bad.
Seeing a line of musketeers disappear behind a huge cloud of smoke...awesome  :grin:

This MOD is a must have...  thought it deserved a bump.

My 2 cents:

The firing sound is accurate and sounds great!

Improve:
Near miss should sound better, I will see if I can find any musket ball sounds.

I think the noise dies off too quickly.  i.e.  make it only slighter louder and do not have it fade off as much.  The long range shots are nearly silent.  It would be rEALLY cool if the sound could lag at distance to represent sound moving slower.

great work!

Looks great! The smoke in the day might not be too visible, but it does add a fog of war effect that I'd love to see in more games. Happy grenades have another sound now too :eek:

thanks, guys. appreciate it!

redcoat said:
I think the noise dies off too quickly.  i.e.  make it only slighter louder and do not have it fade off as much.  The long range shots are nearly silent.  It would be rEALLY cool if the sound could lag at distance to represent sound moving slower.

i'm afraid that's a bit out of reach for this engine. there doesn't seem to be any setting related to the distance sounds can be heard, other than a volume variable, which was already maxed out for firearms. this is a big pet peeve of mine, and i would absolutely fix it if i could.

At any rate.. light years better than before.  I do think we could improve the 'near miss' and near hit snaps.  They are not horrible at all; but onward and upward right?  I tried to find some better recordings of actual musket fire but failed. 

one issue i have with the snaps is that the engine appears to increase the speed at which they're played. so, as of right now, most of the whiz-by sounds are played at almost twice the rate they're supposed to be. weirdly enough, making the sounds longer in the ogg files themselves did not fix the problem.

haha, weirdly enough, the new update looks like it takes a page or two from my particle effects. the smoke still doesn't last long enough, though!

will be releasing a version for the new wfas patch replacing all the new sounds (because they're still pretty bad), and altering some of the new particles (like bullet hits).

Back
Top Bottom