SP - UI Sorting of weapons in inventory

Users who are viewing this thread

Today, weapons in inventory are default sorted as follows:
1) Type (1h sword, 2h sword, polearm etc.)
2) Value

When I craft several copies of a weapon, they will all have the same length. I may craft different alternatives of the same type, for example 1H swords. Each sample of an alternative will have the same length, and different alternatives will usually have different lengths. It would make the job of finding the weapon I want, much easier if the weapons were default sorted as follows:
1) Type (1h sword, 2h sword, polearm etc.)
2) Length
3) Value
4) Sum weapon parameters = Swing_Speed + Swing_Damage + Thrust_Speed + Thrust_Damage + Handling

By the way, I really would like to see the same sorting of weapons when Smelting.

Last edited:
I'm against adding that kind of sorting to inventory. While not filtered, there are so many items with so many different stats, it would be pointless to sort them in these stats. Sorting the whole inventory in "length" doesn't really make sense.

But adding sorting to crafting pieces can be implemented, especially how we're introducing the encyclopedia sorting with the next patch. I'll bring that up internally. Thank you for the feedback.

I'm against adding that kind of sorting to inventory. While not filtered, there are so many items with so many different stats, it would be pointless to sort them in these stats. Sorting the whole inventory in "length" doesn't really make sense.

But adding sorting to crafting pieces can be implemented, especially how we're introducing the encyclopedia sorting with the next patch. I'll bring that up internally. Thank you for the feedback.
Yes, my suggestion was regarding crafted items. The rest, I just smelt, since crafted items are superior with high smithing experience.
Please also consider adding the parameters "length" and "handling" in the Smelting window/tab. This to better identify the inferior crafted samples that may be smelted.

Since you are talking about smithing, I wanted to ask:
If I remember correctly, "locking" a weapon causes a warning to pop up when trying to smelt it, but wouldn't it be simpler if it just didn't appear in the smelting list?

I often find myself smelting a bunch of weapons and either having the merry smelting flow interrupted or accidentally click yes in my hurry to get back to smithing :???:

I'm still on 1.5.9 so I don't know if changes have been made on that front, sorry if it's already been fixed!

If I remember correctly, "locking" a weapon causes a warning to pop up when trying to smelt it, but wouldn't it be simpler if it just didn't appear in the smelting list?
For cases where players did want to smelt a weapon which was locked, they would have to leave the smithy, open the inventory, unlock the item, then go back to smithy again. I think having a warning is the best middle ground there.

For cases where players did want to smelt a weapon which was locked, they would have to leave the smithy, open the inventory, unlock the item, then go back to smithy again. I think having a warning is the best middle ground there.
I agree that the warning is a good choice. I often lock items I want to keep for smelting, to keep me from selling them in towns. I don't want to have to go through the list, unlock weapons to smelt, then go to the Smithy and smelt them, then return to Inventory to re-lock any I didn't get rid of.

I understand your point.

Back
Top Bottom