Resolved Soooo i cheated... And game running REAL choppy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.9.271857
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Just want to say I LOVE THE GAME and have put in over 250hours, just tinkering with different things on this save atm, thus the cheating.
Summary:
Ok so the problems are after leaving the game running for about 12 hours and it click spamming on the sell tab I have 2.14billion gold (not the point but it happened),
Problem a: It said I did not have enough gold to buy OR sell anything, it was somewhere in the negatives in the trade windows. (reload fixed this)
Problem b: (the main issue) The game was VERY VERY laggy/delayed in anything that was done, took about 5-10seconds to register clicks in map movement or leaving or entering towns or even in town using different functions, *I have found that the game has a "memory leak" or something, where when it is left on a while it gets a bit choppy to play* (a quick restart fixes this) but with this specific problem the save file was SOOOO FAR GONE that after attempting to load the save I gave up after 2-3 times, leaving it for up to 5-10minutes to load. I have since tried again tonight, and whilst writing this (10-20minutes) it has finished loading and is running quite smoothly.

EDIT/UPDATE: Might be worth adding after a bit of playing the issue is still there for loading taking 5-10minutes, saving takes about 30seconds.

How to Reproduce: // Have you used cheats and if so which:
Sell faction leaders to allied base for influence, before hitting accept hit cancel.
Once you've done this you can sell them to the tavern by spam clicking as much as you like for free gold (i wasn't interested in the gold) but as a side effect of this, you can get A LOT of roguery which is insanely hard to get and not really farmable currently.

Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD 5700
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: AMD 5600X
RAM: 32gig ram
Motherboard: Asus
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): NVME

Last edited:
Would probably be good to upload your .sav where it's too laggy when you load it, or at least set it aside in case it's asked for by devs.

I could be some incidental bug that came up while you let the game running so long. Or it could be something behind the scenes the game does when you cheat-sell the NPCs, perhaps doing it so many time has caused some data to be added to the game and make it unstable, say a phantom data for each time you cheat-sold the lord.

BTW I didn't think you got roguery for selling lords, weird.

Last edited:
Hello, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please share the troubled save file with me so i can forward it to the QA team for further inspection? You can upload the file to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ address. Please paste the link to this thread as description so i can identify it.

Ok so the problems are after leaving the game running for about 12 hours and it click spamming on the sell tab I have 2.14billion gold (not the point but it happened),
Problem a: It said I did not have enough gold to buy OR sell anything, it was somewhere in the negatives in the trade windows. (reload fixed this)
Problem b: (the main issue) The game was VERY VERY laggy/delayed in anything that was done, took about 5-10seconds to register clicks in map movement or leaving or entering towns or even in town using different functions, *I have found that the game has a "memory leak" or something, where when it is left on a while it gets a bit choppy to play* (a quick restart fixes this) but with this specific problem the save file was SOOOO FAR GONE that after attempting to load the save I gave up after 2-3 times, leaving it for up to 5-10minutes to load. I have since tried again tonight, and whilst writing this (10-20minutes) it has finished loading and is running quite smoothly.
Here is the root of the money problem:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,147,483,647#In_computing
In computing, this number represents the largest value that a signed 32-bit integer field can hold.
It's fair to say that you can't get that much money without cheating and that any problems arising from this are your fault.
Can't say if this is related to your other problems, but it's likely.

Hello, i couldn't find the file. Have you copied the link to this thread as a description?
I've just done it again. the file name is (don't laugh) Naughty Anthony.sav

Let me know if it doesnt work, but it is going through the "upload1-100%"
with a link to this forum post in it.

Here is the root of the money problem:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,147,483,647#In_computing

It's fair to say that you can't get that much money without cheating and that any problems arising from this are your fault.
Can't say if this is related to your other problems, but it's likely.
I'm not here for the problem to be fixed, I'm here because it's clear something is wrong, and I thought it may be useful for the devs to look at it.
Also it's not directly linked to the money as when i "gift" it all away i still have the same issues. and it is ONLY the save files that did the cheat that load poorly.

I'm not here for the problem to be fixed, I'm here because it's clear something is wrong, and I thought it may be useful for the devs to look at it.
Also it's not directly linked to the money as when i "gift" it all away i still have the same issues. and it is ONLY the save files that did the cheat that load poorly.
It's possible that the problems are connected in a way you can't imagine. For example, a money overflow generates a huge save file (for some obscure reason in the code) and you get slow loading of saves. If I would be QA and a similar problem is not reported elsewhere, I would dismiss it. They are not sitting around waiting for someone to break the game with cheats or autoclickers so they could help him fix his game, they do have plenty of other stuff to do.

Last edited:
It's possible that the problems are connected in a way you can't imagine. For example, a money overflow generates a huge save file (for some obscure reason in the code) and you get slow loading of saves. If I would be QA and a similar problem is not reported elsewhere, I would dismiss it. They are not sitting around waiting for someone to break the game with cheats or autoclickers so they could help him fix his game, they do have plenty of other stuff to do.
I don't know why you're trying to white knight this dude, I submitted a bug request that is all. I have no expectations of what they will or won't do with the information, but.. just because you feel it has no merit doesn't mean that is the case. This could be a link to a much larger systemic problem and this could be a sign of that, and therefore lead to helping the quality of the game.
It may also be exactly as you've put it, useless **** that isn't worth their time, but that is for the developers to decide, unless I'm wrong and you are on the team, in which case... it is your choice to do with it what you will.

Furthermore, there is a specific banner for "cheat" which I clearly listed, I'm assuming that isn't there without reason. I also wrong in the first line that it was in fact cheating, so I've been 100% transparent.

Lastly, if you have nothing to generally contribute to the thread I believe you know where the door is!

My suggestion here is that whenever you break a game by cheating, to resist posting bug reports out of respect for those whose job is to process them. If there is a real bug unrelated to the cheating, someone else would have reported it and nothing would have been lost.

My suggestion here is that whenever you break a game by cheating, to resist posting bug reports out of respect for those whose job is to process them. If there is a real bug unrelated to the cheating, someone else would have reported it and nothing would have been lost.
So again, you're not done?
i thought when you first comment, "wow so many comments, you must be really dedicated to the game" i now realize your actually just a pain in the ass.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom