SP Native Soon Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

NLCRich

Squire
The Soon Mod will be based off the Followers of Soon Thread (and the lore and scriptures we've managed to compile in short time). This will be a small mod that adds to the base map without removing anything.

We have a Mod discord channel but the invites are only good for 24 hours. So post in here or PM me if you're interested in joining and I'll send a fresh link.

List of Core Objectives:
- Add new Castle to map and two villages (will be added in the dead area in empire territory)
- Add new MAJOR faction Followers of Soon (will have empire culture) that controls these
- Add notables and NPCs based off the people who posted in the Soon thread (Room to customize them based on feedback)
- Add NPC dialogue based off the holy scriptures of soon.
- Add new questline for Followers of Soon. Successful completion of the quest line will grant the player control of the castle and villages.
- Mod functionality that prevents any AI empire from declaring war on the Followers of Soon and the Followers of Soon from declaring war on anyone else (neutral faction)
- The player will be able to either declare war on the followers of Soon and conquer their castle, or get it via the quest line.
- New troop tree based off the followers of soon that will be a slight modification of empire troops. (Room to customize based on group feedback)

Optional Objectives:
- Battle Scene: If someone wants to try their hand at a battle scene, we can have this custom battle scene trigger in Soon territory.
- Custom armors or weapons for Followers of Soon faction - if anyone wants to try designing something in blender or maya.
- Additional Village(s). If other people want to join in and try their hand at a village scene, I am ok with more than two.

The way I see it there are four major areas of focus for developing the mod, and one optional area.

- Scenes:
The most simple place for someone with little experience to start is to try their hands at using the mod tools to develop a scene. There are great tutorial videos in the smithy that you can use to help get started. You will then need to look at the official Bannerlord modding documentation: What makes a village scene?.

-XML modification: We will need this to add the new faction and troop trees, as well as for the additional NPCs and notables.

-C# Modification: Some C# work is likely to be needed for the quest line and neutral faction functionality.

-Design Conception: There are still lots of decisions to be made. What do we want the troop tree to look like (gear, troop types, names)? What sort of gear and look do we want our special notables and NPCs (based on those who posted in the Soon thread) to have? People can feel free to post something specific for their own representation in the mod or work on the xml for their own character and we can bring them together after.

-3D artwork in Blender or Maya (optional): - This area of modification will be necessary if someone wants to take on the task of designing custom equipment for our troops or special NPCs.

I have the skills (or am working on getting the skills) for each area of focus, so other followers of soon do not need to feel any pressure to take on any part of this they are not ready for. Anyone who has posted in the Soon thread may post any design conception ideas in this thread. Input is welcome from all who had fun or found peace in the name of Soon. Anyone who wants to help with the mod may post in this thread about which area they want to work on. I am happy to help anyone get started who wants to help.

Last edited:
+1 support from follower of Soon it seems you have most of the areas where I focus covered in coding manners since I am absolutely garbage at doing anything else especially when working with blender or maya it requires more brain power then my own but I ansolutely support as a dedicated follower of Soon

Also I have of course read the post you originally made on the Soon thread and instead of just making a whole new mod for the total conversion i do not know if that was your idea you should just keep developing this one and wait until a atable enough version comes out to release this mod

Is there any coding related way i could help? Just a question to throw out and I also think the list is good enough for now and we can make it better probably after BL fully releases but for right now we have a nice amount

Also I have of course read the post you originally made on the Soon thread and instead of just making a whole new mod for the total conversion i do not know if that was your idea you should just keep developing this one and wait until a atable enough version comes out to release this mod
At the pace it's going, it will take at least that long before I have something ready for the other mod, which is why I haven't announced it in the forum yet, but at least with the mod tools out now, I can work on scenes and some of the other aspects and wait for the day. I have a great conception for it and have started on a couple scenes as well as the main map, but a lot of what I want to do in that mod I have no idea where to even begin. This mod is a better place for me to start, and also I thought it might bring some life and community to the followers of Soon I thought. That thread was born out of a bunch of ppl who wanted to find peace with the development and focus on having fun and not worrying about it. I thought this would be fun too, and I don't play to abandon this one even after announcing the other mod. It will definitely take a back seat until we have got our Core Objectives figured out.
Is there any coding related way i could help? Just a question to throw out and I also think the list is good enough for now and we can make it better probably after BL fully releases but for right now we have a nice amount
Absolutely. You can help anywhere you want. The first step is to figure out which parts of what we need to do will require the programming aspect. Then to get a basic template dll setup for modding bannerlord and start playing with the API and seeing what we can do. I know C#, but still have a lot to learn in terms of the API and will need to play around with it some I'm sure before I figure it out. I have a good idea of what needs to be done in xml, but will definitely do some learning as we go there as well. The hardest is figuring out what the mod tools will do for me and how not to mess that up. Some of the xml work is handled by the mod tools now and there isn't great information on using all three aspects (C#,XML,Mod Tools) all together without issues.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for helping as well. I'm a programmer but I also have the desire to learn how to use the scene editor, so feel free to put me down for anything.

I am also open to doing video conferencing on the weekends to help us coordinate better.

At the pace it's going, it will take at least that long before I have something ready for the other mod, which is why I haven't announced it in the forum yet, but at least with the mod tools out now, I can work on scenes and some of the other aspects and wait for the day. I have a great conception for it and have started on a couple scenes as well as the main map, but a lot of what I want to do in that mod I have no idea where to even begin. This mod is a better place for me to start, and also I thought it might bring some life and community to the followers of Soon I thought. That thread was born out of a bunch of ppl who wanted to find peace with the development and focus on having fun and not worrying about it. I thought this would be fun too, and I don't play to abandon this one even after announcing the other mod. It will definitely take a back seat until we have got our Core Objectives figured out.

Absolutely. You can help anywhere you want. The first step is to figure out which parts of what we need to do will require the programming aspect. Then to get a basic template dll setup for modding bannerlord and start playing with the API and seeing what we can do. I know C#, but still have a lot to learn in terms of the API and will need to play around with it some I'm sure before I figure it out. I have a good idea of what needs to be done in xml, but will definitely do some learning as we go there as well. The hardest is figuring out what the mod tools will do for me and how not to mess that up. Some of the xml work is handled by the mod tools now and there isn't great information on using all three aspects (C#,XML,Mod Tools) all together without issues.
Ok sounds good I think we could do this easier on PMs I haven't done as much C# coding as some on the forums but I have enough experience to make a difference if you can do the modelling or bet someone who can do it better then we will be splendid

I'll throw my hat in the ring for helping as well. I'm a programmer but I also have the desire to learn how to use the scene editor, so feel free to put me down for anything.

I am also open to doing video conferencing on the weekends to help us coordinate better.
My camera been broken for years now it fell out of my table when i first bought all the parts of my PC I bought it seperatly and I was building it close to my table and I pushed it off so there went my 50$

Also you know how to use blender so you can also help us with that

Ok sounds good I think we could do this easier on PMs I haven't done as much C# coding as some on the forums but I have enough experience to make a difference if you can do the modelling or bet someone who can do it better then we will be splendid
Discord is really the best place for this sort of collaboration. I just created a discord server for the mod.

https://discord.gg/bCaat7p

Also, the TW Forum Modding discord is a great server to join in Discord if you haven't joined already.

https://discord.gg/KfSDhKm

Great! I appreciate help in any area. There is still a lot to figure out. If you want to try your hand at one of the village scenes, that'd be great, but if you want to help out somewhere else, that is good too. I plan on getting into the basics of C# modding tomorrow, and researching how exactly to complete each of the objectives. I took the day off so I will be free to spend as much time on this as I want.

However, there is no need to rush. We can go at it in our own time and it will take however long it takes. So if you do decide to take on a village scene, don't feel pressured to have to complete it right away. You can work on it when you have time., and it can be added whenever it is done.

+1 for great idea. If there is any document write up needed, I can help too! I will be joining the discord chat tonight. Praise be.

So we have been working on the Soon mod. Here are some updates on our progress!

Map position is determined and icon construction is under way:
ocQs-.png

The basic layout for our troops is in the game! We still have to work on customizing their gear.
Nobles:
UvEpx.png
Regulars:
N7Z8F.png

A Soon Cathedral is under construction!
eC48k.png

Custom Weapons are being made!
eFY9n.png

Most of all we are having much fun modding bannerlord. If you want to participate, jump into our discord (linked at the top).

Follower of Soon!*: No modding skills are required. We can help you get started modding or you can just be part of our idea factory. No pressure and no expectations. People can contribute as much or as little as they want.

*No prior Soon thread contribution required.

Last edited:
If you still have problems, PM me your discord handle and I'll send you a direct invite via discord.

Back
Top Bottom