SonKidd's Multiplayer Troop Item Generator (v0.9b)

Users who are viewing this thread

SonKidd's Multiplayer Troop Item Generator (v0.9b)

Hi guys, I made a little utility using Java and decided to share it with the forum.

What it does:
For those who have made new multiplayer troops, you must have tried copy and pasting tens of lines of
Code:
(call_script, "script_multiplayer_set_item_available_for_troop", "itm_id", "trp_id"),
So I just wrote a small Java application that parses in your item_kinds1.txt files, then after you input your troop name and select it's items you want it will automatically generate the required python code.
*Please note that it does not generate the 'item_set_slot' lines; hence, if you don't add them manual, but just add the generate lines of codes to items that haven't been assigned to a slot, the game will crash*
Remember to back-up your module system from time to time - it's hard to imagine this utility doing any serious damage to any module - but I hold no responsibility if it does :razz:.

Who is this for:
Super lazy modders who need to add multiplayer troops.
It is only tested with MB: Warband. I have no experience in WFAS modding whatsoever and have no idea if the code is the same.
Note that this is only an utility, it does not add multiplayer troops - to do this you need to do it manually in the python code - it only automates the small step of allowing player to choose what weapons when being a specific multiplayer troop type.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, this tool isn't for you.

Screenshots:
57268236.png

65153266.jpg

1 - Import your item_kinds1.txt (place into same directory as the .JAR file)
2 - Your list of items should appear
3 - Filter your list for easy navigation, just type and press enter
4 - Select wanted items
5 - Enter troop name, auto saves when you click "Exit" for next time
6 - Generate code and copy and paste :grin:

Download Link:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3292

FAQ
0) What do I need to use it?
JVM I'm guessing :S. Most computers have it.
Also the python module system - it generates python code for you to copy and paste, and does not edit your text file(s).

1) How do I use it?
Read Instructions.txt. Hopefully the interface is self-explanatory enough. If you have any suggestions about the UI, just post it here.

2) Any planned features?
I might add phrasing python files in the future if I'm not lazy. Any suggestions are also welcome. But this is just a small utility that serves a specific feature and I believe there isn't much to add :grin:.

3) Why not make it Open Sourced?
Eh... This was my first Object-Oriented + Java GUI code. The coding is so horrible that there is no thing worthwhile for me to release :grin:.

4) Why not make it import the item_kinds1.txt during start-up?
Can't figure out how haha. Something wrong with static reference or something. If my coding abilities improve and I figure out a way I would like to add it.

Guys on the Taleworld forum - all the wonderful tool makers - Mtarini Swyter Lumos Morgh dunde and many more, for motivating to make a tool myself in hope that it would be useful to the community (though this one is just a really small one that is incomparable to yours :grin:)!

Please post here if there are any bugs, comments, or suggestions! Thanks.

Awesome! I was considering writing one myself, but as I haven't reached MP stuff yet, I never started. And now, when this is around, I don't need to!
Thanks, I'm sure it will come in useful later on (for me at least, it will be later - I'm stuck to SP for now).

I'm also glad that I all of us have inspired another programmer to join the cause of M&B software writing. :smile:

SonKidd, the download link seems to be broken.
I can't download your tool, I allways get a white page when I try to download it.
Please check it.

EDIT
Ahh.. damn it was just because of my Adblocker... I turned it off and It worked.  :roll:
So sorry for the false alarm...

Back
Top Bottom