something needs to be done about archers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Thrust damage to the face is 75. I can't really that is with full movement bonus or not. It feels so low. A slash to the body with an axe deals 86. Somehow I think a point going through my face might be an immediately debilitating injury. Can't 1 shot headshot with a sword to the face?

I'd be surprised to see a one handed axe deal 86 damage to a somewhat armoured opponent. The critical thing here is that cut damage only negates 25% of armour, whilst pierce negates 50% of armour.

So while the cutting axe may theoretically deal 86 damage, slap some armour on there and you're probably looking more towards 20 damage post-armour stats. Meanwhile although the stab on paper does less damage with 75, half of that damage is getting through, so more like 30-40 damage.

I would imagine a sword going through your face would probably be a bad day, but I would also imagine a horse running you down at 20 m/s would probably crack your rib cage and leave you unconscious, there does need to be a seperation between the reality of medieval war and fun gameplay.

I could agree that some minor changes may be needed, in order to more consistently connect stabs with damage output high enough to stun the opponent. But I've also seen when stabbing animations are too fast and too damaging, and there's a whole other problem awaiting you which in my eyes is even harder to resolve.

The game has invisible barriers to prevent people from being shot in the head regardless of how low your shield is (from the front ofcourse)
I dont like it, but right now infantry need whatever help they can get.
Yes, i think this also has to do a lot with the other thread, how classes have a way too high bow skill. Archers have sniper-accurate bows.

Back
Top Bottom