Something is rotten in Calradia

Users who are viewing this thread

Am I the only one who doesn't care about feasts? A mechanic that gives NPCs something peaceful to do is a fine idea but really, feasts were never fun.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about feasts? A mechanic that gives NPCs something peaceful to do is a fine idea but really, feasts were never fun.
BUT IT WAS IN WARBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something something Taleworlds eats children!!!!! and lies while selling the game at the most expensive EA price ever, its actually the price of a quadruple A game! something something Taleworlds cause World War 2!

(approximated fair representation of previous arguments)

BUT IT WAS IN WARBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something something Taleworlds eats children!!!!! and lies while selling the game at the most expensive EA price ever, its actually the price of a quadruple A game! something something Taleworlds cause World War 2!

(approximated fair representation of previous arguments)

Approximated arguments of the "it's a great game crowd."

Didn't you know? You're either with them or against them. There is no middle ground.
Oh i did know, thats why im done with valid arguments that i take more care to write, makes no difference. I dont mind contructive critisism, and while the OP post does border more towards this, this time, theres a history of posts that do not, from said person.

So nice use of strawman everybody in this thread, arguing against a ridiculed version of someone's argument its always the better idea since you cant lose. Anyways, the thing of feasts is that they made sense in the world, Lords must gather from time to time, build relations do things that lords do, make the world seem a little more alive which is something this game is clearly lacking, there have been like what 3 or 4 threads lately talking about how poor immersion is, this is not something to ignore. The thing is not if Feasts were or not in Warband the thing is that Warband is a 10 year old game with 15 year old graphics and was hugely way more immersive than this game, and feasts played a role? Well, yes, they did. Seeing all the lords gather just to chill was a little touch that made the world fill dynamic, you could find their daughters and sisters gathered there to so you could find that lady that you like and his brother there to build relations, fighting against them in the arena was fun too, was it perfect? Well no, stupid harlaus was making feasts in the middle of a war, but doesnt mean it can be perfectioned and even, improved upon. Arguing against these kind of mechanics make no good since we're asking less for a game that can have much more. How much time are we going to keep saying "there are more important things to do now" if no one will end up playing due to boredom. Again, feasts arent the big deal, but they're a deal, and world building is made of a set of little deals that compliment each other and play little roles in order to be part of a bigger story, which is the player's story.

I'd rather them focus on getting the rebellions and crime syndicates out tbh
Well they're going to have to focus in a hell lot of stuff in order to make the game engaging and not tiring. In my opinion if they release patches with just 1 new feature it will eventually tire out the players and so on and so on. For example:
-TW releases a patch with rebellions
-Fans come back, try doing a rebellion
-Okey we did rebellions for we're bored
-Everyone goes back to complain in the forum the game is still boring
-Repeat loop with a different feature
They should work for months until they have a **** load of stuff to do and release it all at once so the player wont get tired, the game will feel way more dynamic because of the amount of things to do and they will have more time to work on more stuff.
The best we have now is celebrating at the end of a fight, which is nice, but, its like a the tiniest grain of salt

They should work for months until they have a **** load of stuff to do and release it all at once so the player wont get tired, the game will feel way more dynamic because of the amount of things to do and they will have more time to work on more stuff.
The best we have now is celebrating at the end of a fight, which is nice, but, its like a the tiniest grain of salt

Have you been paying attention to the forums the past few months they were doing the refactor? I think if they did this there are a few people who would stroke out.

Have you been paying attention to the forums the past few months they were doing the refactor? I think if they did this there are a few people who would stroke out.
Yea, this refactor is the best exucuse after:

Bro, it´s EA
Bro, you shouldn´t have bought it
Bro, modders will fix it

Well they're going to have to focus in a hell lot of stuff in order to make the game engaging and not tiring. In my opinion if they release patches with just 1 new feature it will eventually tire out the players and so on and so on. For example:
-TW releases a patch with rebellions
-Fans come back, try doing a rebellion
-Okey we did rebellions for we're bored
-Everyone goes back to complain in the forum the game is still boring
-Repeat loop with a different feature
People on here, the same that hate on the game all the time, throw fits if it takes more than a week between patches.

People on here, the same that hate on the game all the time, throw fits if it takes more than a week between patches.
Well yeah people will complain, people will always complain and then people will complain that other complain, the best you can do is say who cares and keep doing your job, the best defense they have is to keep doing their work. And honestly sometimes some critique isn't bad so dont think you're saving TW form anything if you strawman every complain on this forum in order to ridicule someone with the right of complain, they've payed after all and criticizing Bannerlord because its boring it's just... right? The game is boring, its EA, its unfinished but in the current state is boring and devs must understand why it's boring, these threads actually voice the problems the game has, maybe the devs are or are not aware, maybe this thread is the one that makes them aware, maybe it will be the next one, but until a problem isn't solved we have all the right to criticize and in fact we SHOULD do so. Dont take me wrong I dont support manchilds who come to throw tantrums towards hard working people in order to cope with their real life frustrations (eerrr mushashi), but what we see here is genuine and not even toxic whatsoever compared to other threads.

Last edited:
I agree that not necessarily feast be added but it may be fun if they expanded tournaments into a larger fair for something to do in peace time. Such as having tournaments for only those with say clan tiers under 3 but have fighting, horse racing, archery/throwing, and/or crafting. Then you could get invited to better tournaments when you grow your clan. It could put all the lords of your ranking together to meet and talk and also make it a good way to get quests or sell items because it is a bigger event. You would probably make the tournaments last longer and have fewer of them but I think it would really add to the RP and immersion.

What did they do to upgrade feasts or replace it with something more creative? Yeah, nope. :grin: :facepalm: It was better than nothing, and it gave some modicum of interaction with other characters besides the battle loops we have now.

Yeah, I dont understand what not caring about feasts or them not being fun means at all, like, did they got in the way of your fun or something, I really dont get it, why would anyone NOT want a feast option implemented. Its like, it makes no sense?

Yeah, I dont understand what not caring about feasts or them not being fun means at all, like, did they got in the way of your fun or something, I really dont get it, why would anyone NOT want a feast option implemented. Its like, it makes no sense?
They were a buggy mess for a very long time in Warband that interrupted sieges, weddings and sometimes kept summoning lords that had better things to do.

Back
Top Bottom