SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE CRPG

Users who are viewing this thread

it's a mod with a persistent multiplayer server that keep track of all your stats/levels/equipment/gold. you start off as a pile of **** and slowly work your way up, gaining experience and increase your weapon skills to allow better performance against other players, it's like a Mount and Blade MMO PvP server, like having your single player character on a multiplayer server. Honestly, it was a great concept, I loved it, except for the fact that if you had someone who was not only good at the game, but also the advantage of playing/grinding alot, they were able to significantly dominate the server over everyone else. Granted, for a concept like that, you are bound to have low vs high skill/level/stat/equipment differences, otherwise there is no fun in it. But I do think if someone makes it for bannerlord, there should be additional considerations for some sort of a matchmaking/level/ranking match up to account for the crazy level/skill gap that was there in cRPG. Of course that's asking a lot for a mod, but maybe if TW sees the potential in it, they can actually turn it into an official gameplay mode for multiplayer.

That would be awesome but unlikely sadly. I would prefer it to be a modsince the bannerlord teams won't take enough time to balance the game and listen to the communauty as the modder of CRPG where.

That would be awesome but unlikely sadly. I would prefer it to be a modsince the bannerlord teams won't take enough time to balance the game and listen to the communauty as the modder of CRPG where.

True that, oh well, if the devs see this at least they could consider it, wouldn't hurt.

it's a mod with a persistent multiplayer server that keep track of all your stats/levels/equipment/gold. you start off as a pile of **** and slowly work your way up, gaining experience and increase your weapon skills to allow better performance against other players, it's like a Mount and Blade MMO PvP server, like having your single player character on a multiplayer server. Honestly, it was a great concept, I loved it, except for the fact that if you had someone who was not only good at the game, but also the advantage of playing/grinding alot, they were able to significantly dominate the server over everyone else. Granted, for a concept like that, you are bound to have low vs high skill/level/stat/equipment differences, otherwise there is no fun in it. But I do think if someone makes it for bannerlord, there should be additional considerations for some sort of a matchmaking/level/ranking match up to account for the crazy level/skill gap that was there in cRPG. Of course that's asking a lot for a mod, but maybe if TW sees the potential in it, they can actually turn it into an official gameplay mode for multiplayer.
Thank you for the summary! That was exactly what I was asking for.

I remember trying it when i first got into Warband multiplayer. My experience was spawning in as a peasant and getting wrecked by people in full plate armor.

But I would give it a try for Bannerlord while there isn't a big level gap.

This type of mod has been available since warband, and there is a multiplayer mode.
And I see a lot of people who hardly ever play games, and the comments are kind of funny, and it would be better if New world hadn't been delayed.

I remember trying it when i first got into Warband multiplayer. My experience was spawning in as a peasant and getting wrecked by people in full plate armor.

But I would give it a try for Bannerlord while there isn't a big level gap.

That's exactly my only small dislike for the mod, maybe this time around the mod authors would be able to somehow create a matchmaking/ranking system to allow people of similar level/gear to match up, but yeah i def hear ya.

I WILL BEG ON MY KNEES AND WILL DO ANYTHING IF SOMEONE CAN PLEASE MAKE CRPG FOR BANNERLORD. PPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Donate your money (a lot of money) to speed up progression of making CRPG mod :twisted:

The point is that it was kind of easy to get to higher level and start playing with the people in plates... It's just that people get wrecked one game then stop playing... you gotta farm that **** bro wtf.

This was the whole point of getting geared, you farmed for the ''feel good'' and then when you where atit you had to perform and get good at the game while trying builds that fit your playstyle. I remember I badly wanted to become as good as the ****er ''Man'o'War'' that played 1h shield and I had a goal to get to his level and getting better at the game.

People want everything now and they don't understand that working for your sorry ass is the best way to enjoy a game to its full potential.
You need a goal to enjoy a game and CRPG gave it to me and many more.

The point is that it was kind of easy to get to higher level and start playing with the people in plates... It's just that people get wrecked one game then stop playing... you gotta farm that **** bro wtf.

This was the whole point of getting geared, you farmed for the ''feel good'' and then when you where atit you had to perform and get good at the game while trying builds that fit your playstyle. I remember I badly wanted to become as good as the ****er ''Man'o'War'' that played 1h shield and I had a goal to get to his level and getting better at the game.

People want everything now and they don't understand that working for your sorry ass is the best way to enjoy a game to its full potential.
You need a goal to enjoy a game and CRPG gave it to me and many more.

Fully agree. Few games captured and gave you a feeling of progress, and achievement, such as C-RPG. It is hands down the most fun I've had ever with Mount and Blade, the thing I spent the most time in, and one of my most absolute best gaming experiences in my LIFE. That should say alot, as I have been gaming now for over two decades.

C-RPG has this going for you:

No class system. You can create your own character with a name, and when you play on that character you will earn experience and gold depending on your performance in-game. You could take part in Battle servers, Siege servers, Duel and then as well STRATEGUS (the magnus opum of everything).

So you have people walking around in C-RPG with their own characters, and they have to buy every piece of equipment by themselves to be able to use it (bar any skill or attribute requirements) in-game. You want a sword? BUY IT! Want an axe? BUY IT!

So people really had their own loadouts - and I remember specifically buying a Nordic Shortsword early on, because it was quite cheap, had super cheap upkeep, and was just a little weaker than what most people used. Guess what? Despite it's short range, it became deadly in my hands, and my first weapon that I made a "Masterwork" weapon in C-RPG. Yes, you could earn an "ORB of upgrade" or some **** every time you retired (you did this when reaching lvl 34/35 in C-RPG), and you can use these orbs to upgrade equipment. Like having 2+ extra armor or 1 extra swing dmg and 1 extra thrust dmg. **** like that.

Now so all of this was crazy fun. And on top of all this, they managed to create EVERYONEs dream. Strategus.

For those of you who don't know, Strategus, is Mount and Blade singleplayer with a world map, made into a persistent online world muliplayer game. Sounds awesome? Lemme tell you more.

You know in-game if you recruit units, they already have their gear. Funky and strange but OK given it's a game. In Strategus, it worked a bit differently. You could recruit units over time, costing you money, but they came all without equipment. What happened is YOU had to buy every horse, every sword, every shield, armor, etc, that you would need for an actual battle.

What many people did is, especially early on when money is low, they'd buy say a chest armor for every unit, but then maybe weapons for only 1/3 or 1/2 of their units. Because items were expensive, not easy to come by, and because of player limits in game, you wouldn't have say 500v500 people on screen even if both sides has 500 units each, but you'd see maybe 100 real players playing on each side, so as soon as someone died, they'd respawn a bit later and then pick up a weapon from the ground. People would even loot their enemies stuff with this.

So people would log-on to this webpage online, where a map of Calradia would be showing with real-time moving units on it. You would see yourself as well as a blob, size depending on party size, and you could only see what you can see. Not all the world. Anyway, moving took TIME on this map. You'd click on another city, and it might take hours to actual days in real time to get there. But if there was a fight to happen, someone engaging someone on the map, what happens was that a battle would be scheduled 24h ahead on a server, and people could open a TAB called "Upcoming Battles".

The parties involved would write about the battle and who they wanted to recruit for it, they would write various incentives and rewards they'd give out if they come out alive of this battle, and then people (REAL PEOPLE) had to apply for these battles. The commanders would accept them into their roster, and 24h later if you logged into this server YOU WOULD BE PART OF THIS BATTLE!

So you would need to get all troops, the equipment for the troops, AND THEN YOU NEED ACTUAL PEOPLE TO PLAY YOUR TROOPS!
This made for crazy fun, immersive, cooperative and down-right amazing battles with 100 people sitting in TeamSpeak and trying to infiltrate a castle, take over a village, or just survive being ambushed in the woods or fields by someone already hiding in said woods. People would have small parties standing atop small mountains to scout for targets. Wicked times..

If this comes to Bannerlord the future is set. We are already in Nirvana then.

Fully agree. Few games captured and gave you a feeling of progress, and achievement, such as C-RPG. It is hands down the most fun I've had ever with Mount and Blade, the thing I spent the most time in, and one of my most absolute best gaming experiences in my LIFE. That should say alot, as I have been gaming now for over two decades.

C-RPG has this going for you:

No class system. You can create your own character with a name, and when you play on that character you will earn experience and gold depending on your performance in-game. You could take part in Battle servers, Siege servers, Duel and then as well STRATEGUS (the magnus opum of everything).

So you have people walking around in C-RPG with their own characters, and they have to buy every piece of equipment by themselves to be able to use it (bar any skill or attribute requirements) in-game. You want a sword? BUY IT! Want an axe? BUY IT!

So people really had their own loadouts - and I remember specifically buying a Nordic Shortsword early on, because it was quite cheap, had super cheap upkeep, and was just a little weaker than what most people used. Guess what? Despite it's short range, it became deadly in my hands, and my first weapon that I made a "Masterwork" weapon in C-RPG. Yes, you could earn an "ORB of upgrade" or some **** every time you retired (you did this when reaching lvl 34/35 in C-RPG), and you can use these orbs to upgrade equipment. Like having 2+ extra armor or 1 extra swing dmg and 1 extra thrust dmg. **** like that.

Now so all of this was crazy fun. And on top of all this, they managed to create EVERYONEs dream. Strategus.

For those of you who don't know, Strategus, is Mount and Blade singleplayer with a world map, made into a persistent online world muliplayer game. Sounds awesome? Lemme tell you more.

You know in-game if you recruit units, they already have their gear. Funky and strange but OK given it's a game. In Strategus, it worked a bit differently. You could recruit units over time, costing you money, but they came all without equipment. What happened is YOU had to buy every horse, every sword, every shield, armor, etc, that you would need for an actual battle.

What many people did is, especially early on when money is low, they'd buy say a chest armor for every unit, but then maybe weapons for only 1/3 or 1/2 of their units. Because items were expensive, not easy to come by, and because of player limits in game, you wouldn't have say 500v500 people on screen even if both sides has 500 units each, but you'd see maybe 100 real players playing on each side, so as soon as someone died, they'd respawn a bit later and then pick up a weapon from the ground. People would even loot their enemies stuff with this.

So people would log-on to this webpage online, where a map of Calradia would be showing with real-time moving units on it. You would see yourself as well as a blob, size depending on party size, and you could only see what you can see. Not all the world. Anyway, moving took TIME on this map. You'd click on another city, and it might take hours to actual days in real time to get there. But if there was a fight to happen, someone engaging someone on the map, what happens was that a battle would be scheduled 24h ahead on a server, and people could open a TAB called "Upcoming Battles".

The parties involved would write about the battle and who they wanted to recruit for it, they would write various incentives and rewards they'd give out if they come out alive of this battle, and then people (REAL PEOPLE) had to apply for these battles. The commanders would accept them into their roster, and 24h later if you logged into this server YOU WOULD BE PART OF THIS BATTLE!

So you would need to get all troops, the equipment for the troops, AND THEN YOU NEED ACTUAL PEOPLE TO PLAY YOUR TROOPS!
This made for crazy fun, immersive, cooperative and down-right amazing battles with 100 people sitting in TeamSpeak and trying to infiltrate a castle, take over a village, or just survive being ambushed in the woods or fields by someone already hiding in said woods. People would have small parties standing atop small mountains to scout for targets. Wicked times..

If this comes to Bannerlord the future is set. We are already in Nirvana then.
Well said. Its weird to share such identical feelings about 12 years old mod for indie game. But i also think it was the best gaming experience of my life and i play for 25 years now.

dev in progress, join discord https://discord.gg/BXV7Jhr
unknown.png

Back
Top Bottom