Someone is impersonating me and getting me kicked/banned off multiple servers by spamming and team killing using my ID and Name

Users who are viewing this thread

Someone is impersonating me and getting me kicked/banned off multiple servers by spamming and team killing using my ID and Name
Here is the spammer in action

This took place on the Mod events servers run by Marth and Hussar

What shall I do?

Last edited:
I tried but I didn't have much luck they unbanned me for a few days but the trolls used a different name attached to my Id and got me in trouble again.
your wording here is a bit unclear to me.

if the troll just uses your name, then there shouldnt really be an issue I guess?
if he is using your ID, i.e. has access to your gamekey, you are pretty much out of luck and your best bet is to buy a new one. (I doubt this is the case tho since you seem to both be able to play at the same time? Or did I missunderstand? -> If he has your key, you get kicked whenever he joins any server. If thats the case, nothing you can do)

Looking at the video clip you posted...

jam1.png

jam2.png

...the names are different.
Snermd and Snremrd

Most likely on different ID's, surely. Either way admins should have checked that they were kicking the right one.

if the troll just uses your name, then there shouldnt really be an issue I guess?
if he is using your ID, i.e. has access to your gamekey, you are pretty much out of luck and your best bet is to buy a new one. (I doubt this is the case tho since you seem to both be able to play at the same time? Or did I missunderstand? -> If he has your key, you get kicked whenever he joins any server. If thats the case, nothing you can do)
This individual also came on and trolled

and Here

The Full video Of the clip

Last edited:

Will buying It from GoG work?

You don't need a new game key. The guy doing the spamming doesn't have your key, he is just using a similar name and the admins didn't look too closely. You need to find the server admins on discord, steam, or this forum and message them about the situation. They can check the logs and unban your key and ban the correct one instead.

This looks like one of the admins doing the server announcements, try contacting him or joining one of the discords in his profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/thefearlesshussar

Last edited:
You don't need a new game key. The guy doing the spamming doesn't have your key, he is just using a similar name and the admins didn't look too closely. You need to find the server admins on discord, steam, or this forum and message them about the situation. They can check the logs and unban your key and ban the correct one instead.

This looks like one of the admins doing the server announcements, try contacting him or joining one of the discords in his profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/thefearlesshussar

I tried that we ran an experiment with the ID on a server and the admin tracked the Id of one of the trolls to my Character.

It shouldn't be possible for two people with the same ID to be on the server. You would get kicked off when he joined, and he would be kicked off when you joined.

If he has your game key somehow though, then yeah you need another copy of the game.

Back
Top Bottom