Someone help me with factions

Users who are viewing this thread

Train different recruits to see what they turn into and which units best suit your playstyle. After that it's simply a matter of choosing the faction that occupies the cultural region whose units you want to use.

What faction is considered to have the best LIGHT infantry or MEDIUM infantry?  It's hard to tell with just observing in battle.  I'd like to know so I can recruit these lower level infantries to give to my lords or to take some into battle though I know any light and lower medium infantry will get crushed by heavy infantry of any faction.

Saxons and Jutes get awesome second level infantry (Kotsetla) who usually get axes, which is the weapon that completely destroys any kind of armor in Brytenwalda. If you've noticed, Theows, some archers, and other basic level troops who get axes are strangely dangerous against heavily armored opponents (ie: my companions with wolf armor, elite infantry...), because the ai is dumb and a naked troop with a hand axe can possibly take out a mailed opponent, or at least get in a hit or two, which with an axe will take away a substantial portion of health even with 80+ body armor.  Basically for infantry you want as many axes (AP: armor penetration) as possible because swords, seaxes, short swords and etc are pretty much useless except against units with light armor. Axe damage is way less mitigated by armor as compared to swords, which only cut (c) and don't penetrate (p).

I don't want to fight with units that I don't like. Yes, I can have some units with axes in the first lines, but I am more to play with sword, trowing spears, spears, shield and armor.

Back
Top Bottom