Someone finally managed to put Bannerlord in the right direction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Marajah

Regular

They just deleted all the Bannerlord content that are not the battles and put crusader kings 3 into it's place lol

No idea how that's gonna work, regarding the specialized CK3 "men-at-arms" troops, levies, performance and stability, big battles (armies in CK3 can get huge), troops going into medieval age, etc... but if it works, that's probably the game I wanted

I saw that, what an amazing mod, can't wait for it to be more developed, i'll play the **** out of this lol

The author said he may partner with other modders to create unique troop trees reflecting CK3 cultural levies/knights composition later on when the mod is more stable.

I would be happy if TW implemented only a fraction of CK strategic/political systems but if they want to keep the game 5y< friendly i'll be happy to play this mod then :lol:

meh
we just need the ability to play as our whole family and freely swap characters like the outdated clan control mod

frankly i'm surprised, it's impressive

but little remark for me, I find that including diplomancy and a lot of the features (not all) that Crusader King 3 has in Bannerlord would be easier and better combined than including battles in Crusader King 3, because it means changing pretty much the whole system of battle units with bonuses of land etc which are already present in Crusader King 3, it must be veeeeeery complicated
I think it's easier to include features in an empty game than in a game that is already full

frankly i'm surprised, it's impressive

but little remark for me, I find that including diplomancy and a lot of the features (not all) that Crusader King 3 has in Bannerlord would be easier and better combined than including battles in Crusader King 3, because it means changing pretty much the whole system of battle units with bonuses of land etc which are already present in Crusader King 3, it must be veeeeeery complicated
I think it's easier to include features in an empty game than in a game that is already full
yeah to me it makes more sense to improve bannerlord with a more in-depth campaign map system than just give CK3 battles. It also seems quite lazy and disrespectful to delete all the content and replace it by that. I never played CK3 but isn't the whole point of a game like that its strategy/tactical/management features? You add bannerlord battles and suddenly balance is all ****ed and game becomes easy-mode with bannerlord's (at least current) exploitable combat system (bad AI). If you make a mod for Bannerlord to improve depth and diplomacy that would make it a good idea, but it seems that this mod is a CK3 mod, not a bannerlord mod. As a Bannerlord player I don't really see the point for this mod for me (since it's a CK3 mod so probably requires that game to play), and as a CK3 player that is into strategy games of the sort, again, I don't see why it would be appealing for a hardcore fan to ruin that aspect of it with a battle system in which the player will always, no matter what, have a huge advantage... more power to the modder anyway, but to me it seems like merging apples with oranges for no particularly well-thought out reason...
Total overhaul mods will be way better, because they'll at least use bannerlord as its foundation, and not a completely different game that was simply not meant to have those kind of battles...

Last edited:
I find that including diplomancy and a lot of the features (not all) that Crusader King 3 has in Bannerlord would be easier and better combined than including battles in Crusader King 3, because it means changing pretty much the whole system of battle units with bonuses of land etc which are already present in Crusader King 3, it must be veeeeeery complicated
This is true. I believe some features from both games might be made redundant.
You add bannerlord battles and suddenly balance is all ****ed and game becomes easy-mode with bannerlord's (at least current) exploitable combat system (bad AI). If you make a mod for Bannerlord to improve depth and diplomacy that would make it a good idea, but it seems that this mod is a CK3 mod, not a bannerlord mod. As a Bannerlord player I don't really see the point for this mod for me (since it's a CK3 mod so probably requires that game to play), and as a CK3 player that is into strategy games of the sort, again, I don't see why it would be appealing for a hardcore fan to ruin that aspect of it with a battle system in which the player will always, no matter what, have a huge advantage
Yes, you would need both games. And yes, it would completely change balance, but the thing is CK3's battles aren't it's forte. They are also exploitable and become redundant after you can get enough men-at-arms. It's pretty much a rock-paper-scissor system, where terrain can somewhat neutralize the rock, paper or scissors.

Thing is, CK3 is awesome, and adding a different battle system (Bannerlord's specifically) might be an amazing combination. If you never played CK3, I'd advise it. It's got a different approach than MnB. You can only play as a ruler. No mercenary, merchant, bandit or whatever you can make out of a MnB playthrough, other than being a ruler. That said, succession, intrigues, diplomacy and politics are decently fleshed out. If you enjoy playing as a ruler, this is the crossover to be hyped for. It will probably be a monumental piece of work to make that mod happen without neutralizing too many aspects of each game, but if it does work, it's gonna be utter beauty.

I have to admit, I find the campaign in Bannerlord to be somewhat (A LOT) lacking and I wish they would have added in a fairly deep strategic gameplay loop to Bannerlord so it will interesting to see what comes of this mod.

Also one other comment. I really love this game and have played 457 hours in it so far but I can't help but find myself feeling massively disappointed. I mean Bannerlord COULD have been amazing but they just fell short in so many areas such as that deep strategic campaign, advanced diplomacy, meaningful territory control, etc. I mean Bannerlord has EVERYTHING it need to actually have all this but Taleworlds never fleshed any of it out to its logical conclusion.

I mean Bannerlord has EVERYTHING it need to actually have all this but Taleworlds never fleshed any of it out to its logical conclusion.
This is my biggest gripe with the game, it isn't a bad game and i had my share of fun with it but it doesn't hook me like warband does to this day.

The game has the potential to become legendary, to leave warband and it's many mods in the dust but it chosed to be.. mediocre? the game lacks immersion and ambition, the only thing it does right and interesting are the battles but those too have their share of problems, broken siege AI since release, armors being too weak and some weapons barely functioning (coof coof spears) making the battle end too soon and with too little strategy etc

Agreed with everyone that said it should be a Bannerlord mod only with revamped strategic layer suitable to Bannerlord and not straight up CK3.
This kind of trick mod is just a tech demo for someone who took it as a challenge and won't ever be finished. It's great material for "omg i cant even" Youtubers, but that's it.

I don't know about this. I am always suspicious about ideas like:' if a game had Total War battles, Paradox strategy, and Bioware RPG, it would be the best game ever.' I mean, there is a reason why no such game exists, aside from copyrights and technical issues. I once played a game called Age of Wonders, it's like a mixture of Civilization and Heroes of Might and Magic. Although I quite enjoyed those two titles, I had a very bad experience with Age of Wonders. One word to describe that experience - exhausting. I can't play the Civilization game, which already requires a lot of planning and thinking, and go into HoMM battle every time conflicts happen. It's too exhausting. I presume the same thing would apply if a CK3 and Medieval 2 Total War/Bannerlord were to happen.

This is impressive.
And for future of Bannerlord, I believe some features of CK is supposed to be merged to Bannerlord. Like fief management,feudal hierarchy, etc.

This is my biggest gripe with the game, it isn't a bad game and i had my share of fun with it but it doesn't hook me like warband does to this day.

The game has the potential to become legendary, to leave warband and it's many mods in the dust but it chosed to be.. mediocre? the game lacks immersion and ambition, the only thing it does right and interesting are the battles but those too have their share of problems, broken siege AI since release, armors being too weak and some weapons barely functioning (coof coof spears) making the battle end too soon and with too little strategy etc
Honestly Native Warband never impressed me all that much either. In fact I put the Native versions of Bannerlord and Warband at about the same level overall. What hooked me on Warband was the dozens of amazing mod that completely transformed the native gameplay into almost an unrecognizable completely new and different game.

When they started talking about that they intended to do with Bannerlord it originally sounded like they were going to be incorporating all or most the amazing additions that came about due to these total conversion mods that had appeared in the wake of Warband's release. In fact the hype sounded very much like they were nearly copying my FAVORITE Warband mod, Nova Aetas, which quit frankly had the most in depth and comprehensive gameplay re-work of all the fantastic mods that came out of Warband. I encourage everyone to check out this mod and go over the feature list of what was added to Warband if your not familiar with it and then sit back in complete and utter shock at how big a disappointment Bannerlord has turned out to be comparatively.

I mean they guy who created the Nova Aetas mod said he did it in a year and half's time, as a side gig and it has to have at least 10x the feature content of Bannerlord. I mean you could farm in that game, mine, cut timber. Build your own castle anywhere on the map. It had a complete social class system you had to progress through from peasant to lord and it was complex and difficult to do so. It had a complete crafting system broken down individually into specializing in Sword making, Bow making, armor making etc. and you had to progress from Apprentice, to Journeyman to Master so some very specific tasks to get there. Religion was taken into account and your choice of being Catholic, Orthodoxic, Jewish, Muslim or Pagan had a huge impact on game play. You had random encounters happen as you moved across the map. You had dozen of random traits earn randomly both positive and negative you had to deal with with such as being Ugly and having a huge negative relationship debuff when dealing with the opposite sex that made it difficult to get married. You had sea travel and naval combat. You had the ability to sail across the map and colonize the new world. You had dozens of ruin spread across the map which involved searching those ruins for hidden treasures. Hell you had quests the triggered these treasure hunts. You could take part in a crusade or a holy war depending on your religious affiliation if you wanted to. All this USING that Warband native code and it took only a year and a half to do it, part time with small team.

When I think of the complexity and feature richness of Nova Aetas, It really makes me wonder what the hell Taleworlds has been doing all this time when the best they could come up with is very nearly a carbon copy of Warband plus or minus a few features. How can a Modder create such a rich and complex game out of Native Warband's code when Taleworlds entire PROFESSIONAL development team can't even get a 10th of the feature of Nova Aetas into Bannerlord WITH access to the source code of the game. It boggles my mind.

It's an interesting idea and a remarkable feat so far, I'll give them that; however, I don't see it as the best way to benefit Bannerlord/CK gameplay.
In our case here, it would a real game changer if, for instance, someone manages to import the core political "framework" from CK, like enabling a clan/dynasty to overlap multiple kingdoms.
In my dreams maybe...

People do their hobbies with much more passion than their jobs. The difference in productivity can be amazing. This includes working on your hobbies in all available hours, not just 5x8 hours a week.
The team atmosphere can be very different. In a modding team, you are all volunteers and need to appreciate each other, even when you disagree, You respect other modders for their contributions, just as you would like to be respected yourself. Furthermore, everyone is in theory responsible for everything. If you see a mistake somewhere, you fix it. If you see the need to improve some part, you go for it, even if it was someone else's duty previously. There's no "it's not my job" attitude, which is one of Taleworlds problems according to Mex's posts, where parts of code are individual fiefs.
You also don't wait for a stamp of approval by some Big Penis to start working on something, you quickly agree with others through chat or internal forum posts. This is why Taleworlds is inefficient and slow compared to a small and competent modding team.
It's also true that Glassdoor reviews point to a too relaxed atmosphere in the TW offices, which translates to low effectiveness (maybe having on average 1 or 2 effective hours per day out of 8 possible).
Each of these problems add up and generally get worse in time if they are not addressed.

This makes me want to play ck3 again I hated the battle rng where I would have superior numbers tactics general troops ect and still lose

Back
Top Bottom