IMG_0447_zps43dece11.jpg

IMG_0446_zps68f98bd8.jpg

IMG_0450_zps676da65f.jpg

IMG_0453_zps00e912ae.jpg

IMG_0467_zpsfd9ed0d9.jpg

IMG_0469_zps623b69c9.jpg

IMG_0470_zps1e595b8d.jpg

IMG_0471_zps1f394fef.jpg

Had a small leak under the reservoir since I had it at a weird angle. Thought it would be an issue but risked it and ended up wasting more time later reassembling it. Best part is after all that I had an error code that was related to cpu issues apparently. Took me 2 hours to figure it out and turns out it was simply having a card reader on, removed it, booted up fine  :mad:

Temps now go to around 40c while gaming whereas on air it would go 60-70c. Going to try and see exactly how hot it goes later using furmark.

Edit : 6 hours no more leaks.

Pretty.  :grin:

I have to say, after installing a prefabbed liquid cooling system for my CPU, I'm never doing it again. I'd rather buy a new CPU than go through that ****. I can't imagine the hassle it is to build your own.

You mean the all in ones like the corsair h100 or something?

Those are SIMPLE to do since all you do is mount the radiator and attach the cpu heatsink.

Doing it like this just requires more effort is all but there are much better results gained.

Highest tempature after 15 minutes of furmark was 52c.

Yeah, well it still took me 3 hours and drilling through a fan to mount the radiator. All for something that is probably leaking right now.

Splintert said:
Water cooling seems to be overkill. 60c isn't even near the danger zone.

Can now overclock easily without having high temps though. Put my card up 20% or so and only raised temps a degree or so from when it was on stock.

Plan was to wait until income tax return and spend some of it buying more watercooling for my cpu.....but only got $30 back so can't afford **** :sad:

Even my laptop running a 17% overclock saw minuscule temperature increases. Unless you plan on increasing the voltage, it doesn't provide much of an advantage.

Splintert said:
Even my laptop running a 17% overclock saw minuscule temperature increases. Unless you plan on increasing the voltage, it doesn't provide much of an advantage.

I am going to just see how high I can go tomorrow. Currently running 1125/1860 (GPU clock/Memory clock), stock is 925/1375.

Just reading up what other people get and this is the clocks some reviewer got on the OC'ed version of my card (after OC'ing the OC version). 35c and haven't crashed yet so once I change voltages to 1.3 I can only imagine I should get to 2k or so memory and maybe even gpu clock if I am crazy enough.

Also, laptops GPUs are significantly different compared to a desktop.

Edit : Running their clocks I got 20c under their temps exactly running a furmark preset benchmark (which is probably hotter than BF3 would get me like they did).

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/04/10/sapphire_hd_7970_oc_edition_video_card_review/9#.UVJ-UxzvslU

Lol at the price of $580, I got this with a waterblock for $350 last year :grin:

You'll likely hit the point where the card simply can't handle the clock speeds long before you get to 2k  :smile:

Yes, laptop GPUs are significantly different however their temperature allowances are the same. The hottest I've gotten was 96c during gaming. It simply won't crash due to heat.

Either way, all these overclocks are great. But are they still transferring into reasonable framerate increases? I've reached the point on my 6850 that increasing the clocks does literally nothing.

Splintert said:
Either way, all these overclocks are great. But are they still transferring into reasonable framerate increases? I've reached the point on my 6850 that increasing the clocks does literally nothing.

Most likely no. I haven't done any significant testing, nor would I even see a great framerate increase given that I am running the highest end card AMD currently offers :p

Had screen tearing from having over 100fps in war thunder the other day though.

System has now been running over 24 hours with no leaks, success.

If I was actually a millionaire I would cater to these requests and not even care. Was drinking coffee earlier this morning and was wondering how well that would work...

If only I was a millionaire :sad:

Back
Top Bottom