Resolved Some units in my party is detached from any commander during an army battle and charges alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: Being a captain of a Battanian army (of which I am a lord in) of archers doesn't include all archers. When I command the archers in battle, many of the archers in my party are not a part of the command group 2 "Archers", and these archery are on a charge command (simply charges head straight into enemy). See attached video. I've experienced similar before where I am not a captain of any group on a army battle, but infantry in my party specifically are detached from the rest of the army command AI it seems, and charges blindly into the enemy.
How to Reproduce: Have a party with many archers. Join a army in your faction. Be a captain. Watch random soldiers in your party charge blindly into the enemy.
Have you used cheats and if so which: Mod used: Party Screen Enhancements v1.5.13.265256
Scene Name (if related): See video.
Media (Screenshots & Video): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AApD9ai2XI17A9WAz9_0rya9rbFv2kw_/view?usp=sharing
Edit: To clarify what you see in this video: I joined an army and I chose to be a captain for all archers in the army. However, many of the archers in specifically my party (Fian Champions) can be seen to charge by themselves, ignoring the archer captain's orders (me in the video).
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version: 465.89
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600x
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600Mhz 32GB
Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD

Edit: See clarification on "Media" point.

Last edited:
At least one trigger for this bug is ordering a formation to retreat while the "order of battle" window is up. It doesn't normally happen, but if there are a lot of NPC parties in your army, there's a(nother) bug where one of the nobles/companions will automatically switch from the formation s/he was shown in in the OoB window, to another formation, as soon as the OoB window is closed. If the new formation is one that you told to retreat with OoB window up, this noble/companion will instead charge the enemy, ignoring all orders for the duration of the battle.

It sounds like your issue is a slightly different manifestation of the same bug, as you're talking about regular troops doing it and not nobles/companions. I've only seen it happen with nobles/companions (who are leading their own parties in my army). Now, I've never joined another kingdom; I always start my own. Perhaps that's why we're seeing different variations of the bug?

At any rate, if you're the king, a workaround for the bug is to wait until after the OoB window is closed before telling any troops to retreat from the battle. Although, that won't help you with the other bug which caused a commander to switch formations, so you might end up with a morale loss to his/her original formation, on account of a commander retreating at the start of the battle.

Last edited:
We are marking this thread as resolved as the requested information has not been provided. Please let us know if the issue is persistent.

Back
Top Bottom