Some tips for surviving.

Users who are viewing this thread

If you plan to play this; here is some tips for survival in this mod.

1. Don't bother with spears. For the most part due to armour penetration and how easy it is to close in on someone they are completely useless- there isn't enough horses in this game either to warrant them for the most part.

2. If you are a warrior try and get something that's a good slashing weapon like an axe, with high damage. You'll encounter heavily armed folks in this and its best to use something that can outpace them but actually penetrate their armour.

3. Try and get friends to play with you and help you out. This mod is full of people who will gangbang you and repeatedly crush your skull in.

4. Choose the largest and most aggressive faction, especially if you are new. Trying to opt for the smaller factions often gets you murdered repeatedly even if you try to reason with folks.

5. Looting is fairly easy to do and can net you good gear if you look around. Just watch out for other people, they are doing the same or the owners of the dead bodies might come around and make stuff miserable for you.

Other then that, feel free to add your own tips. I personally don't play a lot of Persistent World esque mods myself anymore but I gave this one a go and that's what I found.

I can confirm the spears being useless, but not the "join big factions thing". I had always played alongside micro-factions and things went well (until the Vikings started raiding). It is important to be coordinated and keep communicating. We, Saxons, although had few faction emembers, managed to keep our solidarity for quite a long time, like helping eachother during raids (we'd eventually concentrate all our forces in one single town) or announcing about Viking activities in the lands so we can flee in time (and empty the treasure chests).

Spears arent useless. If you would play formation battles They would Be the most deadly weapons in game

Cynfar said:
Spears arent useless. If you would play formation battles They would Be the most deadly weapons in game

The problem is you need a trained and coordinated force of people to do that, likely on a teamspeak. If you are just an average joe joining alone or with a sparse group of friends you won't manage to ever get that level of armed forces and seldom see such battles.

As for the smaller factions thing; if you are experienced enough go for it- but just make sure you can get good gear and defend yourselves. Like in the real world the thing that staved the Vikings off and other raiders was well fortified guarded towns and fortresses, castles if you will.

Today's PW community has gone far (far, far, far, FAR) past the days of yore, where armies engage in the field in a semi organized manner regardless of teamspeak. Players are just in for the greedy kill-steels and individual combat. It's like we devolved from the Romans into the individual glory of the Celts. Nothing wrong with that, nothing like running howling into battle like a mad hound. But at the same time, it's nice just to have that shield-wall fight.

Back
Top Bottom