SP - Economy some suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

1.Record the consumption of projective weapons during the battle and spend money replenishing them at the end of the battle.
This may improve the problem of money be accumulate too much.

2Maybe you can set up a button of “clean up the battlefield” to get the booty in a way like robbing a village.

3.Increase the number of villages.
Villages in an area often all have been looted,this reduces the sense of reality.

Regarding point 1, I like this idea. At present having a large number of ranged units in your party has no replenishment cost. This is rather unrealistic and to quote Braveheart "Arrows cost money, the dead cost nothing". If implemented this would encourage commanders to utilise the 'Hold Fire' order until there was a good opportunity for their ranged units to make use of their ammunition and reduce the after cost upon victory.

I also like point 2. I would suggest if this feature was to be added that it be expanded a little so that the time duration to 'Clean Battlefield' is dependent on the number that died fighting and that the loot include equipment from those fallen on the victors side. This would allow the victors to recoup lost funds and equipment from higher tier units that were lost. Also after the battle is over there should remain a battlefield marker. This would disappear once the battlefield had been cleared, but if the battlefield was left or the victors chased off it could be cleared by another party. This would allow the implementation of battlefield markers being magnets for looter parties in the immediate area. A final point would be if a player (or NPC) wanted to play dirty politics, they could allow a party who was on there side but the leader disliked to be defeated while they waited nearby and after the battle move in to defeat the enemy victor (who would be 'Clearing the Battlefield'), thus claiming the loot from both his former 'ally' and the enemy.

I cant say I agree with the 3rd point. To increase the number of villages would require either the distance between villages to be reduced (which would be less realistic and rather annoying) or the size of the map to be increased (while I'm not against this, I'm sure the developers would be as it would raise all sorts of other problems and they have likely spent a long time already on the map area). A second point would be that an increase in villages would generate an increase in revenue which there is according to many users a lot of already. If the increase in revenue was balanced back to the current economy lines with an increased number of villages, it would result in each village producing far less income to keep the balance (also annoying as it would mean the looting of a village would be less meaningful due to reduced impact on the Castle/Town connected to the village).

Back
Top Bottom