Some Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

1. It's kinda silly that all the kings of the continent are wifeless, childless men and that EVERY kingdom has a pretender just waiting. Mix it up. Please, add wives, princes and princesses. Princes and Princesses might be like lords and have an army (depending on culture I guess. Would be nice to fight beside your waifu) and you can woo them too (more difficult, but you get more RoR) Princes might even work against their father (to get the throne quicker)
1B come to think of it, letting us marry our companions?

2. How can I have a sultanate without a harem? Add a polygamy options please. Don't care i if has negative effects on your honor/RoR/vassal relations. I just want the option there for my roleplaying. Besides, I'm the king, I make the rules!

3. Clear divide between common troops and noble troops. Noble troops are a far scarcer resource, but are much better equipped. Some Warband mods limit them by your honor and fief improvements. At no point should anyones army be all elite troops in full plate.

4. Full plate should be a massive jump in protection compared to anything else, and restricted to only noble units.

5. Custom Knight Orders. See Prophesy of Pendor for how to do it right!

7. Some weapons have an option to change grip type - deepen this system. Longswords and zweihanders should have a half-swording grip (shortens range, but increases pierce damage) and reverse grip (hold he sword by the blade and strike with the pommel, turning a sword into a improvised mace).
Grip switching cannot be done with a shield as both require both hands.

8. Bows and arrows should be support weapons. They are for use in softening an enemy, castle defense and specifically against lightly armored troops. You shouldn't be sniping enemy knights with headshots, they are not accurate. And they should suck against plate.

9. To help with siege, option in camp to pre-build siege equipment. It takes as long as it would normally do, and it pre-builds equipment, that you only have to set-up once you reach destination (one use). Since your army now carts that equipment with them, it greatly reduces army speed. Equipment can be abandoned at any time.

10. Temporary fortifications - useful for when your army is resting and when you're conducting a siege and expecting enemy reinforcements. Simple wooden structures that protect your camp/siege camp. Romans built entire forts around forts they were attacking.

11. Troops trees should be kept simple. Having a single troop hat can be upgradeded 8 times might look nice, but it's utterly pointless and downright irritating, since they die so easily and you have to invest and train them.
I's better to have 4 different troops that upgrade 2-3 times

So instead of:
Caladrian Volonteer -> Caladrian Milita -> Caladrian Trained Milita -> Caladrian Footmen -> Caladrian Armored Footmen -> Caladrian Squire ->Caladrian Knight
                                                          -> Caladrian Skirmisher    -> Caladrian Archer  -> Caladrian Armored Archer         

Have:
TIER 1 (Low cost, abdundant) Volonteer ->Milita -> Trained Milita
                                                                          -> Skirmisher

TIER 2 (experienced, professional soldiers) Footman -> Armored Footman
                                                                Archer -> Armored Archer

TIER 3 (Noble/elite troops) Squire -> Knight

Back
Top Bottom