SP - General Some suggestions for the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

I played single player for about 60 hours and these are some of my suggestions that might make the game more interesting. Some of them may already exist in the game but I might not have discovered them yet.

1. We should be able to train our units in training fields, at least low tier ones. Other lords should also use these fields to train their troops.
  2. Party loses morale if we have units from enemy factions.
  3. We should be able to give our companions quests to destroy hideouts. They can take some of our man, we can select the hideout from map and tell them to go destroy it. And yes, hideouts do not have to be destroyed at night with 8 people. When they are more than 30 (which often are) they are basically indestructible.
  4. Smithing stamina is OK but it should increase with our skill. If it already does, it should increase more because there’s almost no difference that I can see.
  5. Icons on cities on world map that signal there is a quest for us. Same for tournaments. (there is a mod for that already)
  6. We should be able to gather garrisons from nearby (or connected) villages through an order to an NPC. Kings and lords don't need to visit villages to hire men. That’s ridiculous.
  7. There should be an automatic system that levels up our troops. So lets say if we want elite units, when a unit is ready to upgrade, it should be automatic by choosing a unit we want to get. So I want Bucellarii, for instance, when I recruit low tier units, they should upgrade automatically when they are ready.
  8. When we join an army, our relation to the army leader should improve. But if we leave quickly or just before a battle, it should decrease drastically.
  9. Manhunters should be in the game to take care of bandits. They should be able to destroy hideouts just like lords should.
  10. We should be able to siege hideouts. For god’s sake, the game doesnt have stealth feature, you dont have to push it. Let us burn down their places to the ground.
  11. We should be able to put patrols near our cities, castles or villages. If a village is attacked, troops from our castles or cities can go and help the local population.
  12. We can order some of our cavalary to go before us and catch a little amount of bandits. They can take care of them, no need the whole army to chase 5 bandits. Just let 20 horsemen with a companion to take care of them. They can get the XP and loot or give the loot to us. If we let them take the loot, they'll be happier of course.
  13. Talking to enemies are pointless most of the times and is a waste of time. There should be an option to talk to them or just attacking them before talking to them. We know who they are, they know who we are and what we want. To kill them.
  14. Helping a starving army should increase our relation to the leaders of the army. We share our food for god’s sake, love us already.
  15. Banner designer should be improved. We can choose different signs and combine them to make it look cooler. We shouldn’t need a website for it. This should be easy to do. And we should be able to change it’s appearence on shields because it’s messy sometimes on them.
  16. We should be able to call lords for help when one of our castles / cities is besieged. Some will come and if they are enough, they can break the siege.
  17. Gore. It’s a medieval warfare. There should be an option to enable gore. You know what I mean.
  18. We should be able to order our companions to buy stuff for us. Lets say we want war horses to upgrade some units. We can order them to buy X amount of war horses to buy and bring us back. We can pay it upfront or when the job is done. Or we can give some Money to buy as much as they can.
  19. Armors that have basically the same protective values but are aestetically different. We need to have different kinds of high and low level armors. Just to make the game look more pleasing. There shouldn't be one type of "best" stuff. They should look different. Not "one best piece" that looks the same. Why not have 3 different looking best pieces?
  20. Lords should also buy workshops in towns and we can buy their shops or they can want to buy them from us and come up with offers.
  21. We can sell captured lords to their sworn enemies for more coins than they are sold in cities. They should be able to even execute them.
  22. Executions should be more difficult to do. It should be costly in terms of relations. People very close to them should get very furious at us and want to take revenge. Some should gather an army to get you as soon as they know what you did.
  23. We should be able to help a raided village to recover and if we have a medic he can be of use. We can “repair” their houses, give some gold to them to buy goods to help them. We can spend 2-3 days to help them. Why not? We can gain some respect from them.
  24. Caravans should be able to find different paths if the road is blocked by an enemy army. They shouldnt enter a cycle where they come, see the enemy, turn back, come again, see the enemy etc etc. They should be able to find another path.
  25. Camping. What happened to camping? Why not create a fortified place for us the stay in for a while? Our troops can rest and train for a while in a camp. We can read a book. Though there are no books or reading mechanic in the game. We need that as well.
  26. Following people on the map. We were able to do it in Warband. It can help with caravans and other lords etc. That are not armies. Army mechanic should not exclude this mechanic.
  27. If we become a pain in the ass for a faction for not helping them or betraying them just before a battle which could have been won with our help, we should be expelled. I dont know if this exists, but it should.
  28. As far as I know, companions spawn randomly now. So why not some of our units become our companions? When they stay in our party for some (long) time, there should be 0.01 chance for them to become our compainons. Why not? They were there for us before everyone else. They know us more than anyone.
  29. When we fight, or send troops, time should not stop. We should calculate when the battle would end and act accordingly. If an army is close enough to help their ally and take us down by the time the battle ends, we can avoid attacking them.
  30. If we are known to be a really bad person, no faction should want to take us as a merc or a lord. (this may already exist but as far as I know they only care about reknown.)
  31. Bandit leaders with unique NAMES. Why? So we can put a price on their name. Think about it. There is a bandit leader who terrorise your people whom you want dead. Basilir the Cutthroat, bring the head of the guy and get 5000 denars. We can both take the quest and give it to people when we are a lord.
  32. When we end a bandit party, villages who suffered because of this party like us more. They hear who killed these bastards (you) and they love you for this. They can even offer free stuff when you get to the village.
  33. When we are on world map, when we get to the longest distance from the earth, we see political map of calradia. borders of factions. we can even see it as an actual, physical medieval map drawn on a piece of paper. that'd look very cool.
  34. we should be able to decorate our hall. hell we should be able to decorate all our fiefs. at least our cities with marble stuff or some paintings.
  35. festivals and feasts. Some cities, some cultures even, have a time in a year to celebrate something maybe? the cities would look more cheerful with lots of colour? people dance or do something special for the occasion. this may be connected to religion, difficult stuff to implement. and when we take a city or a castle, we should have a feast afterward in that very place. bless it with some cheer, why not? each faction would celebrate it with different things. one may dance, one may parcitipate fights among lords, one may drink more. one may sacrifice herd animals. so wars should scretch. we shouldnt take 3 castles and 2 cities in 2 days.
  36. assassins? we can hire assassins to get rid of an enemy. we can even get assassins to kill someone from our faction. someone who opposes our offers in a faction. or someone who got a place we really fought hard for when they were sleeping at the moment? of course assassin can be captured and he can confess being hired by us. that's a trouble for us.
  37. executing prisoners. we can execute lords, so why shouldn't we execute captured units? I dont want to let them go just because I cant take all the prisoners. why should I let them free? I want them dead. They probably disappear anyway, but they shouldnt. there should be two options, a) to let them go, and b) to execute them. these options should create different outcomes. maybe they can find new masters on the world map. or they can become deserters, we had them in warband. they can become masterless deserters or can join another enemy leader. and if an enemy leader does the same thing, letting captured enemies go, friendly troops can offer to join us. they can come and say "sir, our party has been defeated by X, your enemy, we want to join you and fight our enemies." this would be nice, i think.
  38. Shouting before the battle starts to improve morale, and cheering after we win. there is a mod for that but it shouldnt be difficult to add. there can be even angry insults to our units if they start fleeing. they can even turn back and fight if we insult them enough. :smile:
  39. companions do not have wait for us in a tavern. they know the way. they know where we are. at least then can try to find us. they can write a letter to us and say he'll be in a city in a particular time and if it's not fine with us, we can write a letter where we want him to go. we can choose the closest place to us and he/she can come to the place.
  40. letter mechanism. it adds immersion. we can write our demands, our replies to people. we can write poems, love letters to ladies or gentlemen. we can call lords to our place by letters. the whole system sounds quite interesting for me.We can send gifts with different sentences. We select sentences (so basically what we want) and letter would appear in front of us. "From X to Y, with regards." written with ink and stamped with our clan symbol.
These are some of my "little" suggestions. I know this is an early access game and developers probably thought of many of my suggestions. If we think bigger and more difficult stuff to implement, we can think of many things like religions, plagues, village/city/castle building like a medieval cities: skylines etc. they are DLC sized mechanics and we'll probably never going to see in the game. But that's okay.
The potential this game has is huge. And making it right is also very difficult. Hope the devs. read our suggestions and implement some of the features they find plausible. What i want from this game is to enable us to create our stories. for this to happen, we need different mechanics to exist in harmony. and this is the difficult part.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom