Some suggestions for cosmetic items

Users who are viewing this thread

flashn00b

Sergeant at Arms
Armor value vs actual appearance
I think the biggest problem with the system right now is the visual discrepancies between a unit's appearance and their actual armor values. I think for most cases, it'd be a good way to group armor values by the following (Class-specific mentions listed below armor ratings):

0-15 - Exposed chest or lightweight peasant garments. Units that always have headgear have a cloth (see Brigand, Recruit and Peasant Levy) or fur hat (i.e: Berserker)
13-19 - Heavyweight casual wear or hide armor for most classes. The golden breastplate on the Guard's gotta go, too.
20-29 - Chainmail or other lightweight metals (i.e: the Breastplate worn by the Sturgian Warrior with Improved Armor). Sturdy leathers such as what the Khuzait Spear Infantry wear are also acceptable. Units with this armor rating are always helmeted.
30-39 - Heavier chainmail with a leather breastplate to protect from stabs
40+ - Full plate armor.

Savage and Berserker - Will remain bare-chested, but will always have a helmet. Shoulder cosmetics remain unchanged
Brigand - Cloth or fur caps are only available for an armorless appearance. Helmets are only available with Improved Armor.
Rabble - Armorless appearances no longer have access to helmets, can wear different peasant coifs. Improved Armor will always have a helmet.
Menavlion Infantry - Helmets are now locked behind Improved Armor, Improved Armor will always equip a helmet

Reasons for above suggestions: It's kind of silly to believe that simply wearing a decorative cloth over your casual wear will suddenly give you as much protection as a chainmail shirt just because you're of Battanian, Aserai or Sturgian heritage. It's also apparent to me that some classes have access to modern-day cosplay materials to give themselves a more armored appearance without actually BEING more armored, with the most notable examples being the Menavlion Infantry, Mounted Archer and Ranger. The Khuzait light archer also has access to cosmetic items that look about as armored as one can be when wearing furs and thick hides, which could probably be moved over to the Mounted Archer and Rabble (Improved Armor)

Weapon cosmetics
Depending on how this is implemented, this could be a good way for Bannerlord's art team to make different variations of weapons already in the game so long as they adhere to the reach stat. This one's definitely not an important thing IMO, though i'm sure some folks might appreciate being able to give their Volgiers the Strange Greatsword from Warband.

Last edited:
Weapon cosmetics
Depending on how this is implemented, this could be a good way for Bannerlord's art team to make different variations of weapons already in the game so long as they adhere to the reach stat. This one's definitely not an important thing IMO, though i'm sure some folks might appreciate being able to give their Volgiers the Strange Greatsword from Warband.
Although you did describe a big problem of the game at the moment, the proposed solution in my eyes does not suit very well. For now it would be better to stick with the armors and cosmetics that we have and simply look at assigning each unit with the proper cosmetic. The armor values can change if neccesary but that should be a side-task.

yes lets make it harder to know what a weapon is or harder to see it very nice suggestion TDM'er
Well, i did say that the idea of weapon cosmetics is a very low priority. The main issue i see with cosmetics is the armor rating discrepancies with the loot you can buy. As I mentioned earlier, some classes in the game have access to 21st century cosplay materials.

Like you pointed out this system is flawed. I have no idea why they chose to do this. It only looks cool but has no function other then that. Let TW solve the problem they're creating...

Edit: it makes me wonder what the reasons were that TW thought a class system would make things easier while at the same time having armour appearing heavier then it is. It makes no sense. Sigh..

Last edited:
Like you pointed out this system is flawed. I have no idea why they chose to do this. It only looks cool but has no function other then that. Let TW solve the problem they're creating...

Edit: it makes me wonder what the reasons were that TW thought a class system would make things easier while at the same time having armour appearing heavier then it is. It makes no sense. Sigh..
Agree, I'm still not sure what their trying to do with these two features. Having cosmetics is cool and all, but doesn't makes sense for the class system, idk.

Agree, I'm still not sure what their trying to do with these two features. Having cosmetics is cool and all, but doesn't makes sense for the class system, idk.
Having some degree of customization is fine in my opinion, though I feel like the available cosmetics should make sense contextually based on the expected armor rating of each class. As i've mentioned before, it's kind of dumb when wearing a decorative cloth on your casual wear suddenly has the same level of protection as wearing lightweight metals.

Having some degree of customization is fine in my opinion, though I feel like the available cosmetics should make sense contextually based on the expected armor rating of each class. As i've mentioned before, it's kind of dumb when wearing a decorative cloth on your casual wear suddenly has the same level of protection as wearing lightweight metals.
Yea I think that's problem is having gears that doesn't match their intended armour value

Back
Top Bottom