Need More Info Some Siege Maps are Broken, like Rovalt for example:

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey there,

I spent my first ~25 hours of playtime as a Sturgian Vassal and thus was fighting mostly in the northern part of the map. Took like ~15 castles and towns in total during that time mostly in the Khuzait and Sturgian region without any bigger issues during those sieges (attack and defend).

But now i have my own growing kingdom and i am mostly fighting in the Valandrian and Battanian region. I noticed that many (!!!) siege maps seem to be broken.
Especially Rovalt was a real pain in the *beep* to take. Same goes for Ocs Hill and Praven. Some castle maps in that region have similar problems, too.

It looks like there are two major issues repeating on those maps that have those problems:

1. Siege Towers are too big. They reach ~1 meter above the actual wall and thus the AI is to stupid to "jump down" or find a valid path. My soldiers stay above the enemy soldiers and do nothing (until they get shot down one by one)
2. The path network as well as "important points" that the AI uses to find its way as well as the spots to defend / attack are not placed correctly resulting in troops running against walls and NOT using siege towers, ladders, ramm, etc. at all.

"Workaround:"
The only way i was able to win this battle was to climb the wall myself, jumping over the defending soldiers down into the inner part of the city (losing most of my health from the fall...) running to the inner main gate and open it from the inside. This works because the AI is NOT defending it (lol). But as soon as i open the flood gates some defenders spawn right inside me resulting in death most of the time. But the opened gates seem to "reset" the attackers AI that storm into the open gate and can finally take the city.

This is really anoying and seems to appear during many battles especially in those regions, while they work fine on the sturgian maps most of the time.

€dit:
Version: 1.0.11

Last edited:
Hey there,

I spent my first ~25 hours of playtime as a Sturgian Vassal and thus was fighting mostly in the northern part of the map. Took like ~15 castles and towns in total during that time mostly in the Khuzait and Sturgian region without any bigger issues during those sieges (attack and defend).

But now i have my own growing kingdom and i am mostly fighting in the Valandrian and Battanian region. I noticed that many (!!!) siege maps seem to be broken.
Especially Rovalt was a real pain in the *beep* to take. Same goes for Ocs Hill and Praven. Some castle maps in that region have similar problems, too.

It looks like there are two major issues repeating on those maps that have those problems:

1. Siege Towers are too big. They reach ~1 meter above the actual wall and thus the AI is to stupid to "jump down" or find a valid path. My soldiers stay above the enemy soldiers and do nothing (until they get shot down one by one)
2. The path network as well as "important points" that the AI uses to find its way as well as the spots to defend / attack are not placed correctly resulting in troops running against walls and NOT using siege towers, ladders, ramm, etc. at all.

The only way i was able to win this battle was to climb the wall myself, jumping over the defending soldiers down into the inner part of the city (losing most of my health from the fall...) running to the inner main gate and open it from the inside. This works because the AI is NOT defending it (lol). But as soon as i open the flood gates some defenders spawn right inside me resulting in death most of the time. But the opened gates seem to "reset" the attackers AI that storm into the open gate and can finally take the city.

This is really anoying and seems to appear during many battles especially in those regions, while they work fine on the sturgian maps most of the time.

€dit:
Bump

Hey there,

€dit:

same here

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom