Some questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I am wondering about my economy. Im paying 2500 every week in wages. I've one castle and two villages. Most of my troops are in the castle but I've some travelling with me that counts for about 1500 in wage per week. Thus I gather I actually pay for having my troops garrisoned? Am I paying full price for them as well? I played an earlier version of MB and then I dont think I actually payed for garrissoned troops. Which really made it easier to keep the economy up. Now Im getting poorer by having a castle, not richer. Ideas? Help?

Yes, you have to pay to your garrison, but only half of what they'd take normally. What, did you think sitting week after week watching on the battlements is so much fun that everyone would want to do it, even for no compensation?

If your having this problem, then why don't u discard some troops from the castle? Or from your party? Or just put more troops from your party into your castle, its half wages while at the castle, and remember to always go to your villages to collect taxes, this can become a useful income of money if you own more than 1 village, which you've already stated you do.

shaelor said:
Hi,

I am wondering about my economy. Im paying 2500 every week in wages. I've one castle and two villages. Most of my troops are in the castle but I've some travelling with me that counts for about 1500 in wage per week. Thus I gather I actually pay for having my troops garrisoned? Am I paying full price for them as well? I played an earlier version of MB and then I dont think I actually payed for garrissoned troops. Which really made it easier to keep the economy up. Now Im getting poorer by having a castle, not richer. Ideas? Help?
You could dump about 200 recruits in your castle to ensure that no one raids it. I think they only cost about a denar per recruit and then you could only keep the most elite of your units in your raiding party, and if your ever having an issue paying. Disband a couple of your elites until you manage to grab another castle and village.

Thanks for the answers! Appreciated.

Redfyre's comment brings me to something I've been pondering when playing the game. Do enemy just care about your numbers and not your quality of troops? Thus would they rather siege a castle with 50 elites than a castle with 100 recruits?

Quantity I think. So it would be safe to stock 300 farmers to protect a castle. Until Ragnar leads a massive army of rape, pillage and torture.

Right. They only look at numbers. Not quality, its always good to keep a few near to top tier troops in your castle but not all. Just in case an massive invasion force of 8 lords comes to take your castle.(This is when you piss just about every lord in the faction off.)

Ah-hah! This explains why my having 50 Huscarls stocked up in Revacheg does nothing to dissuade attackers.  Granted, there's about 100 other types of troop in the castle as well, but the Vaegir keep calling with four to six nobles in combined attack forces. Seems that taking one of their chief towns really pissed them off.

For a large town like Rivacheg 50 men is like immediate NPC raid. lol
I would put at least 250 in a large town and 150 in a castle.

just something i noticed:

when in the open qulaity does seem to matter as i've had armies of 80 running away from my 47 when they mainly low quality troops. or maybe its my renown? i dont know for sure i'm new :razz:

renown, honor, reputation with the lord running away, and size of the army all come into play when you are traveling the world map.
Quality of troops has nothing to do with it I am sure.

How can i look at the world map without leaving when i am in a castle? Because i ran into a castle after an overbearing nord force came my way and i wanted to double check their number and troop type but i couldn't figure out how.

You can just tab out and leave the castle... If you do not move the world map will be paused, so no one will run after you. You can immediately click and enter the castle again as soon as you check out the surroundings.

minmaster said:
can you just before the wages are paid put them in a garrison to save half the cost?
Yes, it's possible. It's been some time that I tried that out as I'm too lazy to check when it's payday.

Back
Top Bottom